PDA

View Full Version : A fishy story.

HCS
12-06-2005, 12:02 PM
This guy was busted planting fish at a bass tourny.
Pretty funny. lol.
http://www.fishingworld.com/News/Read.php?ArtID=000016418

HCS
12-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Reminds me of this guy.
If there's away to cheat, people will find it.
USA Water Ski officials have yet to disclose any possible sanctions against Dr. Jim Michaels, who appears to have used an illegal device to shorten the buoys on his home course for his slalom run June 24 during the qualifying round of the 2005 Malibu Open.
Divers discovered the rigged course after multiple athletes complained that the course widened before their eyes following Michaels' run. Michaels was the first competitor on the course for the men's slalom event.
Michaels admitted the existence of the moveable buoys, but has maintained that it was used solely for training purposes. He apologized to a gathering of skiers at a chapel service held the morning of the finals, but has said that a friend was responsible for moving the buoys, not himself.
This was to have been Michaels' first entry in a pro event, having posted exceptional results in Mens 4 competition skiing at 34 mph. This revelation brings into question the legitimacy of Michaels' Mens 4 records — 2 at 43 off, Aug. 15, 2004; 1 at 43 off, Aug. 24, 2003; and 2 ½ at 41 off, July 20, 2002 — all of which were set on his private lake.
The anticipation surrounding this year's Malibu Open had been heightened by Michaels' claims — and the suspicion among some pro skiers — regarding his self-reported personal bests. Regarding a slalom set he took in September 2004, Michaels said that at 36 mph, "With a tournament driver, with good times, I got 2 1/2 at 43 off. I actually thought I was going to run 43, which is probably why I screwed up. I surprised myself out of 2 and got out of the moment."

HCS
12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
This ones funny.
One "almost comical incident" occurred during a national crappie event being held on a southeastern lake. After the first day weigh-in a man stepped forward to talk to the officials in private. He wanted to report that the angler leading the tournament was cheating by catching and stringing fish to stumps before the tournament. Alarmed by this, the tournament officials immediately alerted the local wildlife & fishing agents. The agents checked where the "alleged" cheating angler was staking his crappie, and upon finding them, they staked out the area early the next morning to try and catch the angler in the act. And it wasn’t long before the angler in question arrived to pull two large crappie from a stringer tied to a stump to add to his tournament weigh-in stringer.
After witnessing this the agents returned to the tournament site and waited for the accused angler. Upon arriving to weigh his crappie the angler was then taken aside and confronted with the accusations. Being caught red handed by the agents and told that he would have to take a polygraph test; the cheating angler reluctantly removed his fish from the weigh-in and signed an admission to his deed.
When the final weigh-in was tallied the winner of the event was none other than the angler who had turned in the cheating angler. After the winner took, BUT FAILED, his polygraph test, it was then found out that the "he" was also cheating by staking out fish and then recovering them for weigh-in. BUT, that’s not all folks! The disqualified "winner" was the SON-IN-LAW of the angler that he had turned in. Both anglers were then banned from fishing future tournaments and hauled off to jail