PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Fans

Red Eye
12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Finally.... It looks like Norv Turner has pulled his head out and is going to start Tui against the Jets. Who knows, this may be what we needed. Either way, they can't get any worse. :cool:
Turner leans toward Tuiasosopo as starter
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 19 hours ago
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Marques Tuiasosopo probably will get his shot as Oakland's starting quarterback this week.
Coach Norv Turner is leaning towards demoting the struggling Kerry Collins and plans to make his final decision before the Raiders take the practice field Wednesday to prepare for the lowly New York Jets - though it sure seems Turner has all but made up his mind.
The coach already spoke to Collins about the potential change for Sunday's road game.
"I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't something we're considering strongly," Turner said Monday on the heels of the Raiders' second straight defeat and fourth loss in five games, 34-10 at San Diego.
"We're going to look at the quarterback situation and say, 'Hey, is it time to look at Tui?' With his mobility, would that help us?"
The 26-year-old Tuiasosopo has been a backup since the Raiders drafted him out of Washington in 2001. He started one game in 2003 in place of injured 2002 MVP Rich Gannon, but hurt his knee during Oakland's third offensive series on a hard hit by Boss Bailey in a 23-13 loss at Detroit and hasn't played in a regular-season game since.
This preseason, Tuiasosopo threw for 343 yards and completed 29 of his 44 passes with four interceptions and no touchdowns. He has been taking snaps with the first-team offense at times and is more athletic than Collins, allowing him to move more in the pocket.
The fans have been calling for him to get an opportunity for weeks now, chanting "Tui! Tui!" when the offense takes the field.
After a promising start to the season, the 32-year-old Collins has lately found himself facing constant questions - just like his mistake-prone year last season - about the Raiders' ineffective offense.
Collins has completed 245 of his 446 passes for 3,118 yards and 16 touchdowns, but he has thrown 10 interceptions and been sacked 32 times for 194 lost yards.
His recent struggles have been surprising after his strong start in his first full season as starter. Collins didn't throw an interception until his 141st pass in Week 5 against San Diego, then didn't give up another pick for 95 more attempts. Seven of his 10 interceptions have come in the past four games, including three in a 31-17 home loss to Denver on Nov. 13.
"It's been a variety of things," Collins said after Sunday's game. "Certainly, I take as much responsibility as anybody. It seems like it's been different things at different times, where the players get penalties or non-execution. Like I said, I'm not going to point fingers. I know that I didn't live up to the expectations I had for myself this season."
Turner isn't about to name a quarterback for the final four games, meaning Collins potentially could be benched this week and get another chance.
"Kerry wants to play," Turner said. "He's a competitor. He's a strong guy. He gives everything he's got. There's no question he wants to continue to play, and I appreciate that."

GrapeApe
12-06-2005, 02:59 PM
It was nice to see all the Raider Felons/Fans Leaving Quallcomm Early once again... :hammerhea :D
GO BOLTS!!!!!!
*** Grape Ape ***

blender over
12-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Finally.... It looks like Norv Turner has pulled his head out and is going to start Tui against the Jets. Who knows, this may be what we needed. Either way, they can't get any worse. :cool:
Turner leans toward Tuiasosopo as starter
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 19 hours ago
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Marques Tuiasosopo probably will get his shot as Oakland's starting quarterback this week.
Coach Norv Turner is leaning towards demoting the struggling Kerry Collins and plans to make his final decision before the Raiders take the practice field Wednesday to prepare for the lowly New York Jets - though it sure seems Turner has all but made up his mind.
The coach already spoke to Collins about the potential change for Sunday's road game.
"I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't something we're considering strongly," Turner said Monday on the heels of the Raiders' second straight defeat and fourth loss in five games, 34-10 at San Diego.
"We're going to look at the quarterback situation and say, 'Hey, is it time to look at Tui?' With his mobility, would that help us?"
The 26-year-old Tuiasosopo has been a backup since the Raiders drafted him out of Washington in 2001. He started one game in 2003 in place of injured 2002 MVP Rich Gannon, but hurt his knee during Oakland's third offensive series on a hard hit by Boss Bailey in a 23-13 loss at Detroit and hasn't played in a regular-season game since.
This preseason, Tuiasosopo threw for 343 yards and completed 29 of his 44 passes with four interceptions and no touchdowns. He has been taking snaps with the first-team offense at times and is more athletic than Collins, allowing him to move more in the pocket.
The fans have been calling for him to get an opportunity for weeks now, chanting "Tui! Tui!" when the offense takes the field.
After a promising start to the season, the 32-year-old Collins has lately found himself facing constant questions - just like his mistake-prone year last season - about the Raiders' ineffective offense.
Collins has completed 245 of his 446 passes for 3,118 yards and 16 touchdowns, but he has thrown 10 interceptions and been sacked 32 times for 194 lost yards.
His recent struggles have been surprising after his strong start in his first full season as starter. Collins didn't throw an interception until his 141st pass in Week 5 against San Diego, then didn't give up another pick for 95 more attempts. Seven of his 10 interceptions have come in the past four games, including three in a 31-17 home loss to Denver on Nov. 13.
"It's been a variety of things," Collins said after Sunday's game. "Certainly, I take as much responsibility as anybody. It seems like it's been different things at different times, where the players get penalties or non-execution. Like I said, I'm not going to point fingers. I know that I didn't live up to the expectations I had for myself this season."
Turner isn't about to name a quarterback for the final four games, meaning Collins potentially could be benched this week and get another chance.
"Kerry wants to play," Turner said. "He's a competitor. He's a strong guy. He gives everything he's got. There's no question he wants to continue to play, and I appreciate that."
yep they suck bad :)
CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ziggy
12-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Its a good move IMO too........I think he's saving Collins from getting killed since Tui can scramble......maybe it'll inject a little life back in that team if he has some success, if he fails it'll get worse even though the rest of the team has already kinda given up....no longer can they be the spoiler for San Diego, they would only help the Bolts by winning other games.
GO CHARGERS!!! :D :D :D

Red Eye
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
It was nice to see all the Raider Felons/Fans Leaving Quallcomm Early once again... :hammerhea :D
GO BOLTS!!!!!!
*** Grape Ape ***
Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.
I wouldn't consider myself a Chargers but more not a fan of the Raiders, therefore, scoreboard.

GrapeApe
12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Nope - No Powder Blue Jersey for me.... I think I may order a Merriman Jersey though.. He is becoming a Bad Ass Pass Rusher in a Hurry..
And yes the Song was Great in the 80's..
*** Grape Ape ***

Ziggy
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Were you wearing your powder blue jersey? Sing it w/ me now, "San Di-ego Super Chargers." What a lame ass theme song for a NFL team.Thats so typical, can't talk smack so you gotta pick on something from the 70's............I do miss the Fouts/Stabler bouts :rollside:

Red Eye
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Thats so typical, can't talk smack so you gotta pick on something from the 70's............I do miss the Fouts/Stabler bouts :rollside:
Actually, this thread wasn't about talking smack intially. And I wouldn't have brought something so old, but I heard it on the radio a couple of day ago and it made me ears bleed. I'm a little bitter about the ears bleeding part of it still. :)

Ziggy
12-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Actually, this thread wasn't about talking smack intially. And I wouldn't have brought something so old, but I heard it on the radio a couple of day ago and it made me ears bleed. I'm a little bitter about the ears bleeding part of it still. :)
LOL...you won't see me dancing when its playing either....its so, ...... disco :220v:

Phat Daddy
12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
It is about time Turner made the move. We are so far back now that I was kind of hoping that we would get a top spot in the draft. If we start winning now, it will only hurt us in the long run. I'm just hoping that Turner is the next to be moved.

Red Eye
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
It is about time Turner made the move. We are so far back now that I was kind of hoping that we would get a top spot in the draft. If we start winning now, it will only hurt us in the long run. I'm just hoping that Turner is the next to be moved.
I can only hope that the fist two transactions the Raiders do after this season is over is fire Turner and trade Collins.

Phat Daddy
12-06-2005, 04:55 PM
I can only hope that the fist two transactions the Raiders do after this season is over is fire Turner and trade Collins.
I could not agree with you more.... Oh yeah, and maybe Mr. Davis will kick the bucket.

ChumpChange
12-06-2005, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't consider myself a Chargers but more not a fan of the Raiders, therefore, scoreboard.
Raiders SUCK. I think the only thing worse than the Raiders in football is Raider fans. They're not even football fans, they're just Raider fans.

Red Eye
12-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Raiders SUCK. I think the only thing worse than the Raiders in football is Raider fans. They're not even football fans, they're just Raider fans.
Yeah... you're right buddy. Now go kick rocks. :hammer2:

NorCal Gameshow
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Your best QB is still sitting on the bench. Tui threw 4 picks in his only NFL start. Good luck with that.
Tui the first half, Walter the second half. let's see what you can do...

NorCal Gameshow
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Walter is the future. That kid is the real deal.
SOLD...Young QB's need "gamespeed" reps.... put him in
on the plus side, the raiders get an extra long '06 preseason

DEMOMAN
12-06-2005, 07:58 PM
For once Raider fans can't blame the loss on the refs. Zero penaltys in the game for the Raiders and they still get their teeth kicked in. Thats 5 in a row.

BajaMike
12-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I could not agree with you more.... Oh yeah, and maybe Mr. Davis will kick the bucket.
Smartest comment of the year....as a long time Raider fan i know that the team will never be a winner again until they get i good coach....which Davis won't do, because he still thinks he's still a "football genius" as he was labeled in the 70's.
Actually, now, old Al is the biggest "Football Moran" in the NFL. He won't hire a real coach (well he had one and traded him to Tampa so he could kick the Raiders ass int he Super Bowl).
When he dies, maybe the Raiders will come back.
F Al Davis...... :rollside:
Go Chargers....i was at the game....what a blast!!!! :idea:
:rollside: :rollside:

Phat Daddy
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your wonderful insight. Another stupid post that has absolutely zero input to this thread.

Hardly Satisfied
12-07-2005, 02:48 AM
i would think that the raiders might be able to bet the 2-10 jets maybe

Jeanyus
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
I think you are being overly optemistic.

JetBoatRich
12-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Wonder what they will BET on, LOL
They make a game out of it :rolleyes:

ChumpChange
12-07-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks for your wonderful insight. Another stupid post that has absolutely zero input to this thread.
Even with zero input, the Raiders still suck.

Phat Daddy
12-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Even with zero input, the Raiders still suck.
They do, but to say all the fans suck, well I'm a fan. No I don't have a shaved head or carry a knife in my back pocket but I do love my team, just has I'm sure you do too. Every team has their share of shitty fans and the Raiders definately have a real mix of followers but I would'nt call half of them true fans. Most are ganster wannabe's that give the Raiders the image they got. Just thought I'd clear it up for you since you got all us Raiders fans figured out.

ChumpChange
12-07-2005, 09:40 AM
They do, but to say all the fans suck, well I'm a fan. No I don't have a shaved head or carry a knife in my back pocket but I do love my team, just has I'm sure you do too. Every team has their share of shitty fans and the Raiders definately have a real mix of followers but I would'nt call half of them true fans. Most are ganster wannabe's that give the Raiders the image they got. Just thought I'd clear it up for you since you got all us Raiders fans figured out.
You actually hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head right there. I couln't have said it better. I was speaking about Raider fans only, not necessarily football fans whose team is the Raiders.

Phat Daddy
12-07-2005, 09:50 AM
You actually hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head right there. I couln't have said it better. I was speaking about Raider fans only, not necessarily football fans whose team is the Raiders.
Maybe you should call them "Wannabe Raiders Followers". I just call them "dumb shit dick heads that give me (a true Raiders fan) a bad name"

FreshTracks
12-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Thats so typical, can't talk smack so you gotta pick on something from the 70's............I do miss the Fouts/Stabler bouts :rollside:
I was at the game and they played that lame a$$ song during a timeout.
I've been a long time Raider fan (well behaved Raider fan) and the past few years it's been tough going down to S.D. and having them kick our a$$. Things have changed, it used to be all the Raider fans giving Charger fans $hit (and the ratio was like 75% Raider /25% Charger Fans), now the Charger fans heckle the Raider fans hard and it's more like 50/50 now.
S.D.-You may have scoreboard right now, but how many Super Bowl rings do you have????

JetBoatRich
01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Radier Fans have a reason to cheer :rolleyes: with a new coach coming in :cool:

LUVNLIFE
01-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Radier Fans have a reason to cheer :rolleyes: with a new coach coming in :cool:
That and a new quarterback should help out :cool:

JetBoatRich
01-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Norm never fit the in The Raider Nation :rolleyes:

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
01-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Norm never fit the in The Raider Nation :rolleyes:
You are so right about that and to the guy talking about raider fans lets talk about san diego fans they trow beer on you and push and shove I don't know about you bit thats a waste of a $6.00 beer :p I go done every year for this game and I have to say even though we lost this year there were more raider fans in the stand Yeah the charger fans talked a lot of trash but who dosn't but I don;t have to worry anymore because the CHARGERS and their Fans along with the DISCO song will be safe at home with the Raiders watching the games. Next year I think I will wear a jersey of have raiders and chiefs :p :p