PDA

View Full Version : WhoÂ’s going to the Rose Bowl?

78Southwind
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
WhoÂ’s going to the Rose Bowl to watch USC and Texas on January the 4th? We will be there January 3rd through the 5th anyone else from the boards going to be there?
Fight On

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 05:40 PM
anyone? :D

Desert Rat
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Wish I was but the scalpers want way too much!!! :cry: Besides the beer is cheaper at home and the parking is easier... With that said do you have any extra tickets? :D

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
No extra tickets here. :mad: I am part of Cardinal and Gold which is a donor club to help provide scholarships to student athletes. I have five tickets all season long but when it comes to the Championship game they only give me the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets. With the prices these guys are getting for tickets I am almost tempted to sell. :) However, I have had season tickets for over 10 years and I look at it like itÂ’s time to enjoy these years. I remember the games when the best thing about the game was the band. :D If I were you I would try to pick up tickets at the game a couple of my friends are going to try. In 1996 we played Northwestern in the Rose Bowl I had tickets but my buddy didnÂ’t he bought his there and only paid $15. You will be surprised how many tickets are for sale when you get to the game.

Rexone
12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Dumb ass question ... why is the Rose Bowl Jan 4 this year? Most people will be going back to work on Jan 3.

Rexone
12-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Jan 4 is a Wed.

Rexone
12-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I just remembered it always being on the 1st or 2nd which this chart shows... http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/rose/history.html with the exception of 2002. So the 4th didn't make much sense to me (still the case), not following college football closely.

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Dumb ass question ... why is the Rose Bowl Jan 4 this year? Most people will be going back to work on Jan 3.
Before the 1998 season the four bowl games Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange all joined to create the BCS. The BCS was created to try and create a true championship game between number 1 and number 2 teams. These bowl games all alternate between each other for the right to hold the championship game thus, this year the Rose Bowl is the championship game not the traditional PAC 10 against the BIG 10 Rose Bowl game and it is held later in January than the traditional Rose Bowl.

AltarGirl
12-07-2005, 10:32 PM
A guy I work with was at our office online at 7:45 am & had his cell ready to call for them. He was online & going through the buying process & couldn't get any b/c they sold out in less than 1 min he said. :2purples:
Sounds like it will be one giant party! :cool:

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 10:40 PM
The Rose Bowl reserves (so I was told) about 500 tickets for sale to Pasadena residence. My buddy showed up there to buy tickets and there were about 7,000 fans eager to purchase tickets and of course he had no luck.

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
I was checking out www.craigslist.org because a friend of mine told me people were doing all kinds of crazy things to get tickets. Check out the listings for wanted Rose Bowl tickets.
Would like to trade a week at my very expensive four story Manhattan Beach House on the sand or front row on the WOOD Clipper Tix (the # 1 team in LA!!) to any home game (your choice...these are very expensive..) for quality Rose Bowl seats...Let's make a deal!!! 323-822-9073 or reply via email stephanonine@yahoo.com.
TRADE 1995 SAAB 900SE Convertible for 2 Rose Bowl tickets. Car is in Good condition and has 82,000 miles. It is fully loaded, 6 Cylinder, Leather etc. Feel free to call Brad at 310-422-9500. THanks.
I am looking for two tickets to the Rose Bowl Game and will either pay cash or trade for a floating week at Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort on the beach in Cabo San Lucas.(See http://www.pueblobonito-rose.com ) Please let me know if you are interested. Seats need to be together.
FIGHT ON TROJANS!

78Southwind
12-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Need two tickets to Rose Bowl game. I will trade 5 nights use of my Mammoth Ski Condo for two tickets. Condo is two bedroom and loft located directly on meadow in the Snowcreek II Condominiums. I am flexible as to the time period you would like to select.
I will exchange some alcohol for tickets to the USCTEXAS Game. I have Patron Silver, Dom Perignon 1996 and Crown Royal Special Reserve. I will also consider throwing in some some cash too. Lets Negotiate!
I work at the Turtle Bay resort on the North Shore and will trade lodging at the resort and horse back ride for 2 rose bowl tickets. The North Shore is the place to be for world class surfing! Lodging for up to 5 days. Great trade!! PLEASE e-mail be back if interested. My Boyfriend is a die-hard longhorns fan and graduate from UT and I would love to be able to take him to the game for x-mas.
I am a general contractor and I am interested in at least (2) tickets for the USC vs Texas Rose Bowl game. I will purchase them or I am offering a trade. We can do work at your home or office in trade for the tickets.

pjones
12-08-2005, 06:23 AM
My favorite is the guy willing to trade a car for tickets...
Priceless........ :)

a catered life
12-08-2005, 08:14 AM
well here the inside part .pasadena has been wanting to move the bowl game to accomadate for the tourism and money thats generated in that week so they decided if the holiday falls on a weekend they will have the bowl 3 days later. also the rose parade (now the most watch parade on tv)and many local vendors have asked city council to seperate the game day and parade day which keeps tourist in town longer. the bcs agreed cause it provides a larger precentage cut for them
politics and football are all the same to me a bunch of oversized men trying to score one for their team while running over the next person :yuk:

barbigrl
12-08-2005, 08:49 AM
HAHAHAHA>....I can get tickets!! I have an oppertunity to work there, I should not pass it up huh?? I told them No yesteryday..... maybe I will rescind that..... :confused:

78Southwind
12-08-2005, 11:08 AM
HAHAHAHA>....I can get tickets!! I have an oppertunity to work there, I should not pass it up huh?? I told them No yesteryday..... maybe I will rescind that..... :confused:
Well if you can get extra tickets PM me because I am sure I can get rid of them for you. :cool:

78Southwind
12-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Here is some more adds from www.craigslist.org :D
Looking for two Rose Bowl tickets to buy for my mom and dad for Christmas. Reasonable prices, please, and no scalpers.
Thanks, please contact me by email.
USC Student fanatical about college football in dire need of two tickets for the Rose Bowl, I would even take one ticket...I can't afford $1000 per ticket so I am looking for someone who wants to help a fellow Trojan fan out...I know so many people want them, but talk to me and realize how much this means to me...if a guy has a ticket that is looking for a hot date that will be interested in the game and will understand the game, take me!!
I go to every USC game. Now I've got 2 extra tickets and field passes for the big game. Problem is, I CANNOT sell them.
So, I can only give them away. You don't have to hang with me. After I get you on the field, you are on your own.
This is no joke.
I will decide who i am taking by Christmas. I don't want to deal with the hassles after that.
So, ladies, don't be shy. Send pics and what you can offer me.

MAINEVENT
12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
All these hook ups and you've taking me no where :yuk:

78Southwind
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Thought this was kind of funny SC dude giving the shocker :)
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/995/F129808.JPG