PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired

JB in so cal
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Fox news is reporting shots fired on an American Airlines 757, Miami to Orlando, still at the gate.
Sky Marshall???
No details, yet.

riverroyal
12-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Fox news is reporting shots fired on an American Airlines 757, Miami to Orlando, still at the gate.
Sky Marshall???
No details, yet.
tommorrow,can I have the new truck if theres a tradgedy?

JB in so cal
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Just my luck. I'll be sitting next to a "Al Hassan Al Burquarri Bin Baden Quarrsh - but you can call me Sam" - kind of dude! Can't wait.

riverroyal
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
were on board,,,hmm,think they had a tip?Suspect said he had a bomb

riverroyal
12-07-2005, 11:42 AM
fired a shot,hit one suspect claiming to have bomb,,,,does this mean this system is working?

Sleek-Jet
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
fired a shot,hit one suspect claiming to have bomb,,,,does this mean this system is working?
If the killed they focker, yes...
Of course this begs the question, How did he get that far???

riverroyal
12-07-2005, 12:06 PM
killed,this just in.

IN2-IN2MX
12-07-2005, 12:11 PM
If the bad guy was killed...awesome!!!
Can you imagine being a passenger on that plane? Scary! :cry:
How do they get past all the security measures? They practically make you take off your panties to get thru those metal detectors.

GHOSTRYDER71
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
that will teach the dumb bastard to say he has a bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that he's dead it show the security works.

Sleek-Jet
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
How do they get past all the security measures? They practically make you take off your panties to get thru those metal detectors.
The airplane had just arrived from Columbia... Columbian security is questionable at best...

IN2-IN2MX
12-07-2005, 12:14 PM
The airplane had just arrived from Columbia... Columbian security is questionable at best...
Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thank you.

Sleek-Jet
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Ahhhh, that makes sense. Thank you.
I thought the same thing until I found out where the flight had come from.

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
its sort of like this.. you know how gun laws keep the guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens but criminals still have access to them.
its the same idea.. security measures at airports are more of a deterrent. you can bet a "terrorist" isn't going to walk thru the main gate with this crap strapped to him.. hoping to get thru security. there are lots of ways to get into an airport other then the main gate.

godfather
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
nothing like hearing this when im about to fly to orlando :squiggle:

IN2-IN2MX
12-07-2005, 12:19 PM
nothing like hearing this when im about to fly to orlando :squiggle:
Yeah, tell me about it. We are flying out of LAX on Friday. :cry:

YeLLowBoaT
12-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, tell me about it. We are flying out of LAX on Friday. :cry:
LAX I feel for you....

godfather
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
kinda makes you think what will happen. my dumb ass will try take them down. :220v:

Roaddogg 4040
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Looks like the guy was mentally retarded, according to the person that was traveling with him. He ran down the asile yelling that he had a bomb and then he turned around and ran back yelling the same thing and reached into a bag and BANG he was shot...
Steve

riverjunkie
12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
NBC4 is reporting the person traveling with the man was his Wife, she was yelling My Husband, My Husband as he ran down the aisle of the plane toward 1st class. I'm sure as usual there will be many stories, plenty of accusations. Sounds like the system is working, maybe a little almost to late, but I guess not if he was caught prior to something tragic happening. However, has anyone confirmed what was actually in the bag, a bomb, a gun, knives, the mans clothes??

spectratoad
12-07-2005, 01:35 PM
NBC4 is reporting the person traveling with the man was his Wife, she was yelling My Husband, My Husband as he ran down the aisle of the plane toward 1st class. I'm sure as usual there will be many stories, plenty of accusations. Sounds like the system is working, maybe a little almost to late, but I guess not if he was caught prior to something tragic happening. However, has anyone confirmed what was actually in the bag, a bomb, a gun, knives, the mans clothes??
And lots of lawsuits. :mad: :argue: :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Airline Passenger Who Made Threat Killed
Passenger Who Claimed to Have Bomb in Carry-On Bag Shot, Killed at Miami Airport, Officials Say
By JOHN PAIN
The Associated Press
MIAMI - A passenger who claimed to have a bomb in a carry-on bag was shot and killed by a federal air marshal Wednesday on a jetway to an American Airlines plane that had arrived from Colombia, officials said.
Homeland Security Department spokesman Brian Doyle said the dead passenger was a 44-year-old U.S. citizen.
It was the first time since the Sept. 11 attacks that an air marshal had shot at a passenger or suspect, he said. A witness said that the man frantically ran down the aisle of the Boeing 757 and that a woman with him said he was mentally ill.
The passenger, who indicated there was a bomb in the bag, was confronted by air marshals but ran off the aircraft, Doyle said.
The marshals pursued and ordered the passenger to get on the ground, but the man did not comply and was shot when apparently reaching into the bag, Doyle said. Authorities did not immediately say whether any bomb was found.
Passenger Mary Gardner told WTVJ in Miami that the man ran down the aisle from the rear of the plane. "He was frantic, his arms flailing in the air," she said. She said a woman followed, shouting, "My husband! My husband!"
Gardner said she heard the woman say her husband was bipolar and had not had his medication.
The plane, Flight 924, had arrived from Medellin, Colombia, at 12:16 p.m. and was scheduled to depart two hours later for Orlando, American Airlines spokesman Tim Wagner said.
"I don't know yet if the passenger had been on the plane and was getting off, or was starting to board the aircraft," he said.
The shooting happened shortly after 2 p.m., suggesting passengers may have already been preparing to depart, he said. About 105 passengers scheduled to fly to Orlando, he said.
Martin Gonzalez, spokesman for Colombia's civil aviation agency, said the flight "left normally with no problems."
There were only 32 air marshals at the time of the Sept. 11 attacks. The Bush administration hired thousands more afterward, though the exact number is classified.

cxr133
12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
EXCUSE ME SIR YOU CANT USE THE WORD BOMB ON A PLANE!!
BOMB BOMB BOMB bob bom bom bombay
WHAT MOVIE??

slink
12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey obviously never saw "Meet the Fockers".....You can't say bomb on an airplane :)

Moneypitt
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
You can't say hi to anyone named Jack on an airplane either.............MP