PDA

View Full Version : firehawk performance boats??????

atxwrangler
05-15-2006, 01:03 PM
has anyone heard of these, built in oklahoma,was jet boat engineering.are they any good, they look like a cp or tx19,would it by chance be the same mold as the wicked performance boats?

Wicked Performance Boats
05-15-2006, 02:12 PM
No they are not out of our mold WPB

Jake W2
05-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Use to be one of the guys from Condor(Wyatt ) that ran Fire Hawk the TX 19 mold was one of Condors probely or if it is one of JBEs old molds it was one of Youngbloods molds.If it is a 18 it might be one of Jimmy J and Dan rossen old molds.
Have a pic of the boat?
Jake

Cheyenne19
05-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Firehawk also had a cheyenne mold. I believe Jimmie Johnson put them together. Broken Arrow OK if i'm right. I don't know anything about the tx's though. Just the pickleforks

atxwrangler
05-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanx Guys,it Is A Youngblood.i Just Found Out.more To Come!

DEL51
05-15-2006, 08:10 PM
doesn't wicked also produce a pickle tunnel jet?

poncho-pwr
05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
There is a mid eighties Predator that runs around in some of the coves on Lake Quachita around here and the bottom of it looks like a Youngblood but the deck is definitely different. The deck has a kind of a raised up center section that runs up and widens where it meets the dash. The deck is definitely different. The boat I am talking about has a nothing special 468 BBC in it and it is very quick.

mrgoslow
05-16-2006, 05:03 AM
The boat I am talking about has a nothing special 468 BBC in it and it is very quick.
same here, local predator w/a .060 over 396 and is very quick. sandbags in the se class. if the new wicked 18 has a similiar bottom they should be the ticket for those wanting a rocket.

Wicked Performance Boats
05-16-2006, 06:38 AM
doesn't wicked also produce a pickle tunnel jet?
No we don't.Sorry. But,maybe in the near future.Julie and Pat WPB :220v:

Wicked Performance Boats
05-16-2006, 06:46 AM
same here, local predator w/a .060 over 396 and is very quick. sandbags in the se class. if the new wicked 18 has a similiar bottom they should be the ticket for those wanting a rocket.
Thanks, She does seem to fly like a rocket. Awsome riding boat. and we layed the 1st heavy, imagine what a lighter hull would do :idea: :220v: .order when ready!!!!! Julie and Pat WPB

rich seibert
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
i am not happy with the top speed....... and...........it does not have any kick in the a$$ when you nail it from the hold rope
like the old mantra i had did ...........i have a heavy hull..............makes a good lake/river boat........... just not my pick for a race boat
now if you get a orginal cheyenne than its a whole different world
here is a link to the new hulls
http://www.custommarine.net/home.htm(orginally posted by mike t south)

fakethis
05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
:rolleyes:

poncho-pwr
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I was told that the plug used to make the molds for the boats that custom marine is building was a Jimmy Johnson Cheyenne and they were pretty much worthless because the quality was all over the place. I have been told this buy several people in the jet boat biz and no, none of them are boat builders so they have no reason to BS about it. I believe the "Real" Cheyennes are being built here in Arkansas by a company named Phoenix Fiberglass by a man named Capps. http://www.phoenixfiberglass.net/ I do not know him but I have heard he is a very good boat builder and was envolved with the Condor boats somehow.

atxwrangler
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
o.k.,this is the particular boat i was refering to,by the serial number jbx0119280981, it is a firehawk performance boat,but,the title of it says youngblood.i bought it today off of ebay,now for the road trip.i'm gonna put my blown ford in it,750 to 1050 hp.is it a youngblood or a firehawk?????good hull???? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/268625_3.jpg

rich seibert
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I was told that the plug used to make the molds for the boats that custom marine is building was a Jimmy Johnson Cheyenne and they were pretty much worthless because the quality was all over the place. I have been told this buy several people in the jet boat biz and no, none of them are boat builders so they have no reason to BS about it. I believe the "Real" Cheyennes are being built here in Arkansas by a company named Phoenix Fiberglass by a man named Capps. http://www.phoenixfiberglass.net/ I do not know him but I have heard he is a very good boat builder and was envolved with the Condor boats somehow.
i belive the above statment to be true
i own a good example of one with poor quality......... warped stringer and on and on and on
.ervin capps 918 352 9641
is the hull id nimber cast in or ..........does it have a tag with a HID.....riveted to the rear like on mine................

cyclone
05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
there are several "real" Cheyenne molds floating around. One is in San Diego and my boat was built from it.
Tom Papp has the scoop on all the molds, who owns which one, where it came from etc.

Duane HTP
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
it's a firehawk. You can tell by the JBX serial number. Here's the trick. The boat is a firehawk brand built by JBX.
The model of the firehawk is TX-19 Youngblood. That's how they get away with making you think it's really a TX-19 Youngblood, when in fact it isn't. Confusing, HUH?
Poncho is right. The true Cheyenne from Tom's origonal mold is the one being used by Ervin Capps. He sells the best built Cheyenne on the market today. I know, I sell them.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/CustomBoats.htm

supersoaker509
05-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know what mold Firehawk (JBX) used for the 21ft pickle fork?

atxwrangler
05-18-2006, 09:26 AM
so, is everyone's opinion on the fire hawk youngblood boats poor????

Devilman
05-18-2006, 09:42 AM
so, is everyone's opinion on the fire hawk youngblood boats poor????
I think they were talking about the other model, the pickle fork. Not the one you bought. Nice boat BTW, kinda Miami Vice paint job on it....:D
I was tellin Esabataj about it, his is the exact same boat, so I don't think you have anything to worry about....

OkieDave
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Jim Johnson has copied a lot of different boats. He has sold a lot of boats with the JBX hin prefix. A lot of them were and are very well done. some of them were not. a lot of people don't like people who pull a mold off of somebody else's boat. That is where most of JJ's bad rep comes from. I, and a lot of my friends, have had some of his boats that were very good. I have one of his 26 foot cats now and am very happy with it. I had a 23 footer from him that was a great boat. some of his rigging leaves a bit to be desired. he has rigged new boats with used parts. he has gone through good and bad hired help.

Jake W2
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey Dave where did your Cheyenne mold go to?
Also the Preditor is 17 feet and made from a cut down TX 19 Jimmy J and Dan Rossen (really made this mold) to at the time get the fastest lightest hull to drag race.Cool looking deck ,some say it is dangerous.
Jake

atxwrangler
05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks all,i can't waqit to pick up the boat about monday or tuesday.i talked to richard, he said i would be happy with it.thanx dman,this is my last boat!!!

OkieDave
05-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Jake, I still have my molds. I would make someone a deal on them if anybody is interested. I still have the last two boats out of it too and would like to sell them both. There is some damage to be repaired in the mold from the last boat having the gel stick where we buffed and didn't get enough wax back in it before we sprayed color. I also still have my old 18' youngblood picklefork tunnell mold. it needs repair too if anybody wanted to use it. I want to clean out my barn.

77 Apollo Jet Boat
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Jake, I still have my molds. I would make someone a deal on them if anybody is interested. I still have the last two boats out of it too and would like to sell them both. There is some damage to be repaired in the mold from the last boat having the gel stick where we buffed and didn't get enough wax back in it before we sprayed color. I also still have my old 18' youngblood picklefork tunnell mold. it needs repair too if anybody wanted to use it. I want to clean out my barn.
Okiedave, check ya PM's.
William

3 daytona`s
05-21-2006, 03:04 PM
No we don't.Sorry. But,maybe in the near future.Julie and Pat WPB :220v:
I understand one thing at a time but I can`t wait. Good Luck you two.. :clover: