PDA

View Full Version : off-road registration for Rhino

Whipped Caliber
12-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Ok guys how did you do the registration for your Rhino's
Did you do them in CA or Az?
Did you make them for street use?
How did you or did you pay the sales tax?
Need some input from you Rhino guys
Just got mine last night.

sigepmock
12-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Haven't done mine yet but Phuggit, my bro in law, just did his mule in AZ. He went street legal, took it to Parker and they didn't even check it for a windshield. Don't know what he did for taxes but AZ sales tax is less than CA.
I'm getting mine private party and reg it in AZ. No sales tax. I will also try to get it street legal.
I think the req's are:
Horn
lights front and rear
brake lights
Dot approved windshield
I'm missing something from the list above.....so I guess this is a good question and I should pay attention to the answer.
Chris

ChumpChange
12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Have you posted this in C&T? They're the ones with the Rhino love.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
I did AZ plates it was a 2 hour wait in Havsu but worth it. Driving around in town is cool!!
Unfotunatley paid tax from the Ca dealer and then had to pay Az reg.

riverroyal
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
to AZ dmv in havasu last friday,everyone told me it easy,you just need the certificate of origin.I DONT THINK SO.I never even made it past the info lady,no bill of sale,no reg!Mine was from the original TOBTEK order of 5,there isnt really a bill of sale on each one.Im not blaming toby,he has taken care of it since friday,Im just letting you know you need a bill o sale showing youve paid sales tax in the state you what to REG it in,have fun.Also,if you street legal it,you need insurance,also do be drinking and driving,DUI like a car,also dont hit anyone in glamis without insurance if it has a plate,then your driving without insurance,lawsuit to follow but the person you hit.Im not in havasu city enough for plates,didnt seem worth it for me,Im just getting the green sticker here,and paying the sales tax at the CAL DMV

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I did AZ plates it was a 2 hour wait in Havsu but worth it. Driving around in town is cool!!
Unfotunatley paid tax from the Ca dealer and then had to pay Az reg.
a 2 hour wait at the Havi DMV???? im always out of there in less then 20 minutes.

nodigg
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Just bought a 650 turbo Joyner here in Havi. Planning on registering it here. The owner of the sales place drives his on the street with no windshiled but says you must wear eye protection if you do so. I will know what the skinny is for sure on about Tuesday next week...............AFTer the mvd trip is over with.

norcoredneck
12-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Was told by BHC MVD (DMV) Insurance required to drive on street. If registered as RV (off road)$12.00 lifetime with plate or $7.00 no plate. Sales tax must be paid somewhere along the line.

Whipped Caliber
12-08-2005, 08:20 AM
to AZ dmv in havasu last friday,everyone told me it easy,you just need the certificate of origin.I DONT THINK SO.I never even made it past the info lady,no bill of sale,no reg!Mine was from the original TOBTEK order of 5,there isnt really a bill of sale on each one.Im not blaming toby,he has taken care of it since friday,Im just letting you know you need a bill o sale showing youve paid sales tax in the state you what to REG it in,have fun.Also,if you street legal it,you need insurance,also do be drinking and driving,DUI like a car,also dont hit anyone in glamis without insurance if it has a plate,then your driving without insurance,lawsuit to follow but the person you hit.Im not in havasu city enough for plates,didnt seem worth it for me,Im just getting the green sticker here,and paying the sales tax at the CAL DMV
Thanks for the info!! I got it Insurance for it yesterday $205.00 a year with Formost. As far as taxs on it I will pay them just need to know what state? Someone get a plate for CA?

02HoWaRd26
12-08-2005, 08:44 AM
You need a horn, front and rear lights, A LISCENCE PLATE LIGHT, windshield(or goggles), rear view mirror brake lights, blinker(or know your hand signs) .......and like 150 bucks is what mine was but I got personal plates on mine and still have no mirror......

FREIND OF AA AND TA
12-08-2005, 08:48 AM
a 2 hour wait at the Havi DMV???? im always out of there in less then 20 minutes.
I went on a Friday Am and it was like a swapmeet! 1000 Rednecks and they had nothing to sell!! Smelly F'n place too!!

nodigg
12-08-2005, 08:51 AM
What price is the (apx) Rhino I see pcitured above??? What horse?