PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about Pool Tables???????

moneypit
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I am looking for a good NEW pool table that is no more then 3 grand. I live in Ventura area...
What brand is good.. what are things do I need to make sure of??
Thanks in advance.

h2oski2fast
12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Ask RD.

Cole Trickle
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I hear Mainevent specializes in Pool tables!! :crossx:

riverbound
12-07-2005, 03:06 PM
LOL....Yah he has "played" on a few :D

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 03:06 PM
yeah and the hoots, he knows pool tables the best :D

ShowSumSkin
12-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah I've heard he's tested out a few :D

moneypit
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Ok sounds good. Now for my next question. Who should I talk to.

ROZ
12-07-2005, 03:14 PM
RD, or maybe even Barbie :D

Red Eye
12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I am looking for a good NEW pool table that is no more then 3 grand. I live in Ventura area...
Thanks in advance.
Did you try Quinsettentials (sp) in Newbury Park? They're right off the 101N on the left side. They have all kinds of choices, so you could get an idea from there regarding prices.

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 03:21 PM
I HEAR THERES A POOL TABLE WHEREHOUSE IN SAN BERDU. my buddy paid about 6 grand for his so i dont know what deals they have his is really nice though

RiverDave
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Ok sounds good. Now for my next question. Who should I talk to.
What are you going to be using the table for? Aside from the obvious of playing pool.. Are you looking into pool tables for serious playing? Just the occasional guests over etc.. etc..
As well are you looking for a full size? 4x5 x 9, Home table 4 x 8, or bar size table 3.5 x 7.
Before you do anything you should measure the room your going to put it in, to help you determine which one you'd like to get.. Remember you need a minimum 6' on each side of the table. Preferrably 7, or 8 if you can get it.. 6' is the average length of most cues.. (between 58 - 60 inches..)
The measurments above are the playing field of the table.. Not necesarrily the dimensions of the table. Minimum room size for a home table would be
20' wide by 28' Long to not have any short spots..
If your serious about the game and want what's arguably one of the the greatest tables ever made.. Look for a used Brunswick Gold Crown I. Get it rerailed, and simonis 860 on it and you pretty much have a pro-tour table for just a hair higher then what your budget is.. A new gold crown (I think their on 5 or 6 now?) Goes for a ridiculous amount of money..
RD

moneypit
12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I am looking for 4x8. The room had a 9'er in it before i bought the house. The table is for guest's kids... and myself. But I dont want a POS. It needs to be a nice piece of furnature. What I dont want is some dork coming over to my house saying I shoulda got this or that, or saying he could have got me a smokin deal... you know those guys.
Thanks for the info RD

RiverDave
12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
I am looking for 4x8. The room had a 9'er in it before i bought the house. The table is for guest's kids... and myself. But I dont want a POS. It needs to be a nice piece of furnature. What I dont want is some dork coming over to my house saying I shoulda got this or that, or saying he could have got me a smokin deal... you know those guys.
Thanks for the info RD
Pool tables are so big and heavy their impossible to get a good deal on one and then ship it somewhere else and still have a good deal.. Your best bet is to look used, find something you like locally and buy it.
RD

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
yeah and the hoots, he knows pool tables the best :D
My piece of shit table HAS seen some action. :crossx: I love that thing.

RiverDave
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Mine has too... although it's been awhile. :(
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/03/ss03/images/Picture%20039.jpg
RD

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Mine has too... although it's been awhile. :(
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/03/ss03/images/Picture%20039.jpg
RD
Nice, I remember those pix. :crossx: Someday I will replace mine with a decent one. BUt then I might be too paranoid from it getting trashed.

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Nice, I remember those pix. :crossx: Someday I will replace mine with a decent one. BUt then I might be too paranoid from it getting trashed.
IF YOU EVER GET RID OF IT I WANT IT, please, i'll pay handsomely for it, but i get the mojo too.... :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
IF YOU EVER GET RID OF IT I WANT IT, please, i'll pay handsomely for it, but i get the mojo too.... :D
What's the mojo?

TrojanDan
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks in advance.
Look at Olhausen pool tables. You can get some pretty good deals in the recycler if you know what brand/model you are looking for.

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
moneypit. I think that's a good budget you got. When I was hunting for one, 3 grand would have surely got me a nice table. Shoot 2 grand would have done it.

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
What's the mojo?
the mojo that table has on the people around it :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
the mojo that table has on the people around it :D
Ohhhh, the moooojoooo. You mean the "magic". I don't think that goes with the table. :D

moneypit
12-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I contacted the Brunswick dealer in La Quinta. He's the closest to me... Brunswick has a great deal on a table w/ the high chairs and all the bells and whistles. $3200.00 That includes install and delivery. It comes in a cherry wood and im thinking about the Merlot felt

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I contacted the Brunswick dealer in La Quinta. He's the closest to me... Brunswick has a great deal on a table w/ the high chairs and all the bells and whistles. $3200.00 That includes install and delivery. It comes in a cherry wood and im thinking about the Merlot felt
Your in Simi?? There's a place right off the 405 near the 105. You can see it off the fwy. They had some nice tables. Decent prices too.

Mr. Pixilated
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
You must be talking about Mainevents shot in the right pocket.....

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 04:33 PM
You must be talking about Mainevents shot in the right pocket.....
Don't forget who broke that shit in. :devil: :devil:

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Ohhhh, the moooojoooo. You mean the "magic". I don't think that goes with the table. :D
then i retract my previous statement and offer :D

voodoomedman
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Anybody know of a good place anywhere around Chino???? We will be getting one for the new house. I love to play but I suck so I don't need a pro table but I'm not going to by the Sears Slatron model either. A nice wooden claw foot one with real slate. Play when we have people over and maybe my son will grow up to be a pool shark.

HOOTER SLED-
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Anybody know of a good place anywhere around Chino???? We will be getting one for the new house. I love to play but I suck so I don't need a pro table but I'm not going to by the Sears Slatron model either. A nice wooden claw foot one with real slate. Play when we have people over and maybe my son will grow up to be a pool shark.
There is a place in Corona right off the 91 I believe. Damn, can't remember now. But there is one somewhere in that vicinity. I have to see if I can find something at home. I always get flyers and shit.

MUDXPRT
12-08-2005, 05:15 AM
The one in Corona is off Mckinley and Sampson. I think it is called Billiard Depot, we bought ours their PM me and I will get there number.

ahhell
12-08-2005, 06:03 AM
theres a nice place on Haven just north of Foothill in Rancho C. I believe they carry Brunswick and Olhausen. I just got one from Leisure time Products, 2700 for carved wood, 1in slate (3 piece) lifetime warrenty

MAINEVENT
12-08-2005, 08:05 AM
How did i know my name was gonna be brought into this one LOL :crossx: the funny thing is im not really good at playing pool just on it :idea: :D