PDA

View Full Version : Portable Battery JumpersÂ…Â….recommendations?

Ultracrazy
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Which ones are the best.......??

Flying Tiger
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Get the cheapie at COSTCO.
They usually die within a year or so,, so keep the purchase under $50.
If it dies over summer, COSTCO will replace or refund it.

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
we have a adt at work and we've had it for 3 years never had a problem with it. it does 12v-24v. about 130.00..

voodoomedman
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM
They usually die within a year or so,, so keep the purchase under $50.
It helps if you recharge them.

Flying Tiger
12-07-2005, 04:55 PM
It helps if you recharge them.
But don't keep them on the charger,,, when they fully charge,, un plug them, otherwise they toast, and won't hold a charge.
I've burned through enough of them to learn the hard way.

voodoomedman
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
But don't keep them on the charger,,, when they fully charge,, un plug them, otherwise they toast, and won't hold a charge.
I've burned through enough of them to learn the hard way.
True is what I meant is that they will run down from sitting just like a normal battery. Mine just plugs in with an extension cord and charges up. Especially if you leave it in the Havasu heat then make sure you check it before you go out on the boat and expect you have it has a backup.

HCS
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
IMO. One of the best on the market is....
SOLAR Commercial BOOSTER PAK.
ES 2500.
That's what we use at our dealership. They kick ass.
I bought one for myself and carry it in my boat. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped peoples boats with it.
Works flawless. There a little pricey but forget price. Get quality.
Mine has worked for years. Just keep them charged.
Found a link. http://www.cloreautomotive.com
http://www.cloreautomotive.com/images/collage-36.jpg
10 YEARS and still the best! The one that started it all remains the preferred choice when it comes to jumpstarting. With high performance ES Series batteries, you can count on legendary Booster PAC performance to deliver the power you need.

84 camaroturbo
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I have the snap on one I have had it for about 3 years it works great. it will jump a cummins plus you leave it hooked up for a few minutes and it will charge back up.

Ultracrazy
12-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I have the snap on one I have had it for about 3 years it works great. it will jump a cummins plus you leave it hooked up for a few minutes and it will charge back up.
How makes it and how much?

Ziggy
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
How makes it and how much?
I'm pretty sure he said Snap-On ;)
I got one from Harbor Freight, has a small airpump that has saved my ass on a couple occassions too. Was inexpensive, I've had it close to three years and only have charged it 3 times. Still works tits and holds the charge perfect.

Nord
12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
I got one from costco about 2 years ago and it works great!
Even has a air pump on it!
The first one I got from somewhere else, wouldn't hold a charge

Ultracrazy
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he said Snap-On ;)
I got one from Harbor Freight, has a small airpump that has saved my ass on a couple occassions too. Was inexpensive, I've had it close to three years and only have charged it 3 times. Still works tits and holds the charge perfect.
Yeah.........but he forgot the little slashy thingy :)

Ultrafied
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I got one from costco about 2 years ago and it works great!
Even has a air pump on it!
The first one I got from somewhere else, wouldn't hold a charge
Same here. Still strong and has come in handy too.

Just Tool'n
12-07-2005, 09:10 PM
IMO. One of the best on the market is....
SOLAR Commercial BOOSTER PAK.
ES 2500.
That's what we use at our dealership. They kick ass.
I bought one for myself and carry it in my boat. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped peoples boats with it.
Works flawless. There a little pricey but forget price. Get quality.
Mine has worked for years. Just keep them charged.
Found a link. http://www.cloreautomotive.com
http://www.cloreautomotive.com/images/collage-36.jpg
10 YEARS and still the best! The one that started it all remains the preferred choice when it comes to jumpstarting. With high performance ES Series batteries, you can count on legendary Booster PAC performance to deliver the power you need.
A good toolman can get you a replacement battery for this unit, so when it does go bad, it is not as expensive to go out & buy a new one!

HCS
12-08-2005, 11:30 AM
We have a SnapOn model also. I like the ES2500 better. :idea:
Your local NAPA parts house can order them if they don't have them.
Request the Solar ES2500.

2Driver
12-08-2005, 12:42 PM
I got mine at Costco at least 4 years ago and it just kicked over my Landcrusier. (powerpak by Centruy Manufacturing) I toss it in the boat when ever we go out.
Be sure to get the type where the jumper jaws are stored up in the housing instead of being exposed. Mine has a light and 2 DC outlets. I have toasted 2 air pumps and a fan using the DC outlets :(. Must be something about Amp output that kill the pump ...not sure. But it does kick the car and boat over well and burns the million candlepower spot light forever.

abraman1326
12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I've had the Cosco one for 3 years now, and have never had a problem. Before going to a second battery in the boat, had to use it just about every time on the water, and it never let me down. I think I got it for like 40 or 50 bucks. Pretty damn good investment if you ask me, but for some damn reason, I still carry jumper cables as well, why, I don't know!!!
BRA