PDA

View Full Version : You guys hear about an emminant domain..

ROZ
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
situation in south Florida somewhere? I don't have the ins and outs, but the mayor of riviera beach(a realesate lawyer) is for taking the homes away from 6,000 residents and turn the land over to a developer!
What kind of SHIT is that! :mad:

Mrs.Racer277
12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
situation in south Florida somewhere? I don't have the ins and outs, but the mayor of riviera beach(a realesate lawyer) is for taking the homes away from 6,000 residents and turn the land over to a developer!
What kind of SHIT is that! :mad:
That is such BS. :argue:

Ziggy
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Haven't heard of that particular situation but I thought the Feds were revamping that law so it doesn't allow for greedy Contractors.....Its about a dumb as being overly PC

Mrs.Racer277
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
They did that in Cal City for a testing race track. :yuk:

Mandelon
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Hannity talked about this the other day. The mayor is a Real estate agent and a developer too. The neighborhood is supposedly "blighted and underutilized," I suppose cuz po' folks live there. :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
We are dealing with that here still. 6000 houses!! That is a mess. Each one with a court case could get ugly if it went to that.
We have a developer that got the county to proceed with eminent domain on our property so they could have drainage off of theirs. Their property (the development) didn't need drainage until they put crackerbox houses and concrete on it!! :mad: Grrrr! Now mine will be flooded and wet all year so that someone who doesn't even live in this county can make a fortune. Thanks Riverside County Board of Supervisors for representing your constituents :mad: :mad: :mad:

ROZ
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Hannity talked about this the other day. The mayor is a Real estate agent and a developer too. The neighborhood is supposedly "blighted and underutilized," I suppose cuz po' folks live there. :rolleyes:
If blighted and unutilized means a middle class neighborhood filled with families and not a marina and yacht club, I guess the place should be leveled...

al cole'holic
12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
..they made this decision a few months back and said that the eminent domain laws should pertain to the future income increases of property taxes that the new developments will bring, millions compared to a few thousand it brings now. I think they are going to develop a bunch of high rise apartment/condo homes. If I remember they took it up to some pretty high courts and it ended up passing...

ROZ
12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
We are dealing with that here still. 6000 houses!! That is a mess. Each one with a court case could get ugly if it went to that.
We have a developer that got the county to proceed with eminent domain on our property so they could have drainage off of theirs. Their property (the development) didn't need drainage until they put crackerbox houses and concrete on it!! :mad: Grrrr! Now mine will be flooded and wet all year so that someone who doesn't even live in this county can make a fortune. Thanks Riverside County Board of Supervisors for representing your constituents :mad: :mad: :mad:
HOLY CRAP!!! Didn't you guys move to the country to kinda get away from this type of bs?
:mad:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Owning your own land is one of the main ideas handed down from the founding fathers. For the government to be able to take that land from us is one of the worst travesties of justice there is. Jefferson is rolling over in his grave, guaranteed.

Ziggy
12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Sounding more and more like the next communistic regime is taking hold.....

shueman
12-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Happened to my friends some years ago in Newport Beach. Vacation trailers replaced by luxury condos...

FREEAGENT
12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
That same deal was going down with the neigborhood I grew up in and is still going on today! The factory that is doing it just keeps growing and growing it kinda sucks but you know stuff happens. kinda alot like the movie Goonies :D

mickeyfinn
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
The right of imminent domain has been around forever. The government has always had the right to "condemn" a piece of property for the purposes of maintaining government or public infrastructure. Building schools, water plants, wastewater plants etc. The difference now is the courts have also ruled that the government can use the right of imminent domain to "condemn" a piece of property in order to place some type of development their that would "benefit" the local area. Maybe increase tax revenues, spark development etc. It is total bullshit and is going to court in places all over the country now. The way the ruling came down it seems that municipalities/state etc can use this unless a state/local law specifically states that this is not an acceptable use of the right of imminent domain. Georgia is in the process of trying to put through a law that takes this part of the right away from the municipal governments. Write your lawmakers and urge that a similar law be put on the books where you are!!!