PDA

View Full Version : Lifeline Recert??

77charger
12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
About how long does it take?I need it done by march but cant send til mid jan.
Its a chute jacket bought in 03.

Rexone
12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
As I recall 2-3 weeks but I'd call Bill to verify.

77charger
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
was thinking of that i prefer not to ship but rather drop off with bill at the boat show then pick up first race or have him ship it to me
Just wasnt sure of the time frame

Squirtin Thunder
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
If anyone is coming out here I can drop it off for you when I am down there and bring it to the race if need be.

Cs19
12-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Dont sweat it 77, It wont take more than a few weeks.
I just had mine redone after my jacket and chute got wet, its looks like new again and it only took a few weeks.
CS

Kurtis500
12-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey CS19, the boat in the picture, is that yours? Were you racing in the World Finals? If so I think we paired up once. I have a red hydro with an early hemi. :boxed:

Cs19
12-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Yes, thats my boat Kurtis, and yes I was at World Finals. I remember pairing up with your red hydro.
That engine in your hydro is unreal. :)
Do race with NJBA? How many IHBA races do you plan on hitting next season?

Kurtis500
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Yes, thats my boat Kurtis, and yes I was at World Finals. I remember pairing up with your red hydro.
That engine in your hydro is unreal. :)
Do race with NJBA? How many IHBA races do you plan on hitting next season?
Good to meet you! You and your group were good people. I could see something was going wrong for you during the pass, ever find out what it was?
No, I dont run NJBA, I would love to race more but I dont have the time :cry: With a wife who owns a business, 3 kids and my fulltime job and business I barely get things done in time for the races here with two boats. I really enjoyed racing in Castaic back in 2001 since we all hit Magic Mountain a few times while we were there. Ever since then, I have eyed Bakersfield as a possible substitute since we had so much fun at that race. I will do both IHBA races here in Phoenix and maybe San Diego since my crew loves that place. Thanks on the engine, I built it to go much faster but I put a 510 lift solid cam in it with 150 pounds springs (which I haven't changed in 5 years)and over geared the v-drive. It keeps the motor alive and I have NO desire to go any faster. TE is a good class. Your motor must be pretty stout to run NA in the 9 second class with the jet.

stix818
12-08-2005, 04:07 PM
CS19 and KURTIS 500 what's was the name and number of your boats in phoenix???

Kurtis500
12-08-2005, 04:38 PM
TE#137 Just A Few Seconds and ME#237 Just A Few Seconds More
Heres a pic from Mike Loesch's web site from Friday. Its the only one I know of from the event. He's got some cool videos there too. www.mikeloesch.com
http://photos.imageevent.com/ekimzark/2005worldfinals/wffri/IMG_8993.JPG

scottys
12-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey Congrats there Mr. Top Eliminator. I was rooten for ya .Good job Vinney!

stix818
12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks scotty, we needed it after the way I've been driving lately. :sleeping: It is worth it when things go your way though!!! It will definitely be an interesting year next year!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a nice lookin boat!! Have you always ran TE?? I think I may have ran second chance against you at the first race of the year last year.

77charger
12-08-2005, 07:26 PM
good job vince on the overall.met you in phx couple years ago you guys work hard and deserve it.see you next season.

Kurtis500
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks scotty, we needed it after the way I've been driving lately. :sleeping: It is worth it when things go your way though!!! It will definitely be an interesting year next year!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a nice lookin boat!! Have you always ran TE?? I think I may have ran second chance against you at the first race of the year last year.
Good job on the championship. It's hard enough to tow around to the races let alone win some. I towed to Red Bluff last year, WAY TOO FAR! But that was one heck of a race! I'm trying to build up the courage for the drive to Marble Falls someday before I give it up.
No, I did ME but the hydro doesn't like that slow. You may have raced my other boat too, they look almost alike except its a shovel nose. It has an Enderle bird on it instead of the scoop and 2x4's and zoomies now. I just dont have the updated pic of it yet. It may be TE next year too, it was running mid 9's without tuning or gear-prop changes. It just got turned into a 496 BBC.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/7Dougwin-med.JPG

stix818
12-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Ya but I do meet some good people at each race!!! Redbluff is a b**chen race but I have to say Marble Falls ranks up their!!!!!! You would have a good time!!!
Robert I appreciate it. Glad that you are working your way back. What kind of schedule are you going to run this coming year??

stix818
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Is that the most recent picture above??

77charger
12-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Ya but I do meet some good people at each race!!! Redbluff is a b**chen race but I have to say Marble Falls ranks up their!!!!!! You would have a good time!!!
Robert I appreciate it. Glad that you are working your way back. What kind of schedule are you going to run this coming year??
as of right now first two njba for testing,then phx,red bluff,july=sdba okc,ihba augusta,marble falls,possible smokin the cove,then try to do the rest of west coast ihba(might miss a race or 2 of the west coast dont know for sure yet)
going to be runnin p/e this time around

Cs19
12-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Kurtis, yes I had a problem on that run unfortunatly, I know exactly what happened. It was pretty much a lack of experience with NOS, I'm kinda learning as I go with all this stuff, and I learned alot about both racing and NOS last race.
The engine is not incredibly stout in my opinion, its a 91 octane 496 with a 3.8 second 175hp shot which put us roughly at 8.80 in the morning and 9.0 in the afternoon when everything worked right. By Sunday most of the bugs were worked out and we (with some luck) went to the finals in second chance which was fun.
Stix, I have the jetboat below..This was my frst race at IHBA, Im hoping to make both Phoenix races and also San diego next year, hope to meet you next time, I hear your the guy to beat. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409IMGP0510.JPG

stix818
12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Nice lookin boats. I now remember seeing you guys there it was a pretty busy weekend if ya know what I mean. Make sure you guys come on by in Phoenix and have a cold one.
Robert, sounds like you'll be pretty busy. Why don't you guys go for points if you are going to make that many races?? Are you driving the same boat?? I wanted to step up next year to UBGF (PCE) but my old lady said we have to defend our crown, which really means no!!! We might play a little during test and tune or maybe make a NJBA race, who knows. Tired of running to half track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

77charger
12-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Robert, sounds like you'll be pretty busy. Why don't you guys go for points if you are going to make that many races?? Are you driving the same boat?? track!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The later part of season will be a wait and see approach if we are in points then it becomes priority.
As for the boat it aint the same one.we got a boat from joey grose and my boss has another motor all alm block pontiac heads,natural aspirated.Really looking foward to it cant wait for season to begin

stix818
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Right on. Is the boat a Canyon?? Those alum blocks sure are nice along with those pontiacs. My old has a set collecting dust.