PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Trip

progplb
12-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Just wanted to find out about the Kiln Ms. area. Hang outs bars ect....
My company is sending me down to Kiln with a U-haul load of pc's we are donating to the schools. I will be in Jackson on the 13th and Kiln on the 14th.
Just wanted to find out where the ***boaters Hang out in Ol Miss.....

Taylorman
12-08-2005, 07:43 AM
I doubt anyone hangs out on the Miss. There is a huge reservior in Jackson that is popular i heard. Lots of bars there.

progplb
12-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Wasn't thinking about on the Mississippi... Just in the general areas of the two places that I will be staying at...... :argue:

FLEA DIDDY
12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I would'nt be interested in anybody or anything from the TEXAS, border east, That whole area is a refugee camp. I have a buddy in loisiana(sp) workin this week and he said it's F@CKED up, They didn't get it near as bad a Miss, or any of the surrounding states. Keep your eyes open for trouble.

HOSS
12-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Kiln is fine. Maybe you will get lucky and see Britney Spears. :crossx:

progplb
12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I would'nt be interested in anybody or anything from the TEXAS, border east, That whole area is a refugee camp. I have a buddy in loisiana(sp) workin this week and he said it's F@CKED up, They didn't get it near as bad a Miss, or any of the surrounding states. Keep your eyes open for trouble.
Hey. Thanks for the warning ..... The company I work for is a large insurance company and they are donating several computers to one of the schools in Kiln Ms. hit by Katrina. The School is just now in good enough shape to take delivery of the systems. Myself and one of the other network analyst will be delivering the systems and assisting in setting them up if we have enough time. We have heard that lower LA. is still basically a war zone and will be avoiding it. We have to go to Jackson first then I imagine that we will be going straight south from there....

FLEA DIDDY
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey. Thanks for the warning ..... The company I work for is a large insurance company and they are donating several computers to one of the schools in Kiln Ms. hit by Katrina. The School is just now in good enough shape to take delivery of the systems. Myself and one of the other network analyst will be delivering the systems and assisting in setting them up if we have enough time. We have heard that lower LA. is still basically a war zone and will be avoiding it. We have to go to Jackson first then I imagine that we will be going straight south from there....Good luck! and may the force be with you. LOL

olbiezer
12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
tuesday night in jackson huh........its a ghost town on tues........resteraunts are all open but bar wise u are prob better off at a o'charlies or aplebees type that have a bar......the outback has a bar also on I 55.......stay out of west jackson at all cost(or u wont have to deliver your computers as they will be fenced by the time u wake up in the hospital)......east of I 55 is all pretty good and north is better then south......thats north of I20.....any questions? send 25 cents to me for more excitment in jackson........oh ya just remembered shuckkers at the rez is pretty good but will not have a large crowd.......and u need directions to get there its not easy if u dont know the rez area......all the rest of the bars in the rez area have been shut down......bought up by a land developer.......

progplb
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
We will actually be Staying in Flowood on Lakeland drive somwhere. Whats the deal with the river one side is dry and the other is not. I know the last time I was down at the Ms. office we always drove over the river to a sports bar off of Lakeland it was ok.

olbiezer
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM
the mighty pearl river seperates rankin co from hinds co.......hinds is wet rankin is beer and wine only now. lakeland farther east from the airport has 3 new malls and some new resterants etc.

progplb
12-08-2005, 06:37 PM
hey thanks for the info... we may not have much time to do anything but I just wanted to see what was in the area and what was going on... by the way olbiezer nice looking ride do you race?

olbiezer
12-08-2005, 07:30 PM
not me.......well maybe a jetboat or two but mostly just cruse around a little......thanks