PDA

View Full Version : And then, I GOT SERVED BY THE AARP!

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:06 AM
It's official, just got an invitation to join the AARP! Guess I should be glad I held this life together for so long? Well, I mean I can still get around by wheelchair anyway.

OGShocker
12-08-2005, 07:09 AM
It's official, just got an invitation to join the AARP! Guess I should be glad I held this life together for so long? Well, I mean I can still get around by wheelchair anyway.
I got a free card when I was 35. I have used it all over for discounts of up to 20% on hotels. :rollside: Funny to watch the reaction of people when a 35'er hands the card over and sad to see those reactions deminish with time.. :cry:

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:11 AM
I can't belive Jordy has not already unleashed on me! WTF! I'm so dissappointed! :)

OGShocker
12-08-2005, 07:13 AM
I can't belive Jordy has not already unleashed on me! WTF! I'm so dissappointed! :)
He's too busy pulling the tape off his boat. :crossx:

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:21 AM
He's too busy pulling the tape off his boat. :crossx:
No Doubt! :) So maybe I'm only over 35.............................

callbob4homes
12-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the band of geezers lol. Now, check your car insurance rate and your homeowners rate with AARP! I saved almost 400 a year on 2 cars and my homeowners is cheap as well. There are advantages to getting old. and I am sure someone will point out the other side as well.............................................. .................................cause I can't remember that well anymore

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the band of geezers lol. Now, check your car insurance rate and your homeowners rate with AARP! I saved almost 400 a year on 2 cars and my homeowners is cheap as well. There are advantages to getting old. and I am sure someone will point out the other side as well.............................................. .................................cause I can't remember that well anymore
I like the desk!

YeLLowBoaT
12-08-2005, 07:34 AM
LOL I joined when I was 22........

Jordy
12-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Sorry old dude, just got back from 3 days in Vegas and am now playing catch up with local work that I've been handling over th phone all week. Give it some time and I'm sure we can come up with something. ;)

cdog
12-08-2005, 08:21 AM
The aarp is ran by serious left wing homo's. I'd rather pay more for services then give those assholes my $$$. Just a thought!
BTW! So is Progressive insurance and Conoco phillips.

OGShocker
12-08-2005, 08:24 AM
The aarp is ran by serious left wing homo's. I'd rather pay more for services then give those assholes my $$$. Just a thought!
That is why I love my FREE card. AARP is a for profit company, not a 501c3 like they would have Americans think. FuK the AARP!

little rowe boat
12-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I got a free card when I was 35. I have used it all over for discounts of up to 20% on hotels. :rollside: Funny to watch the reaction of people when a 35'er hands the card over and sad to see those reactions deminish with time.. :cry:
Those reactions must have disappeared a looooooong time ago. :D

nodigg
12-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry old dude, just got back from 3 days in Vegas and am now playing catch up with local work that I've been handling over th phone all week. Give it some time and I'm sure we can come up with something. ;)
Awww, thanks Jordy, you are so sweet!

2Driver
12-08-2005, 09:22 AM
There are advantages to getting old. and I am sure someone will point out the other side as well.............................................. .................................cause I can't remember that well anymore
Yep, I retired at 45 and that status gave me some nice savings on car and home insurance. Then I spent 150K on a back operation. So where's the old age savings??? :) :)

HM
12-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Be careful when you join that group...nobody gets out alive. :D

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Be careful when you join that group...nobody gets out alive. :D
The geezer mafia... :D :D

Oldsquirt
12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I got one of those a few months ago and could not, for the life of me, figure out why. Then I checked the calendar and it all made sense. :cry:
One positive was that when I received my car insurance bill, my rates had dropped about 35% due to my having "34-48 years driving experience." I liked that. :)

nodigg
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I got one of those a few months ago and could not, for the life of me, figure out why. Then I checked the calendar and it all made sense. :cry:
One positive was that when I received my car insurance bill, my rates had dropped about 35% due to my having "34-48 years driving experience." I liked that. :)
We take a lot of crap sometimes for the younger crowd but that's because they they are jealous! Life really does get better and better as you get older.
(Mantra)