PDA

View Full Version : So, who's going to buy a Trident Revolution?

Lightning
12-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I was out in El Cajon and stopped by Trident the other day - looks like they have a boat or two that they are ready to take orders on and sell.
Who's seriously considered buying one? Why wait any longer, order now so you'll be ready for summer....
Wes, are you going to hold a demo day for those who are interested to go for a test ride?

riverbound
12-08-2005, 09:12 AM
I would love too, but Then I would have to live in it :( I will just drool all over them until the day my finances allow me to buy one.

INSman
12-08-2005, 09:14 AM
What are they asking for on the pricing ??

ROZ
12-08-2005, 09:14 AM
That's a good idea!
I thought number 2 was already allocated to Lightning :D

Lightning
12-08-2005, 09:17 AM
That's a good idea!
I thought number 2 was already allocated to Lightning :D
I am seriously considering it, the new house is making it a little tight on the numbers right now. BTW - I need a new TV, can you help me out :)

ROZ
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I need a new TV, can you help me out :) You know it..... I'm going to be in the bay park area Monday evening, you want me to drop by to talk about what will fit or do you already have an idea of what you want ?

RiverToysJas
12-08-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure, but if you can't afford it, I'm sure you can get Kachina or an Advantage that looks just like it for a about half the money. :) :rollside:
RTJas :D

Lightning
12-08-2005, 09:29 AM
You know it..... I'm going to be in the bay park area Monday evening, you want me to drop by to talk about what will fit or do you already have an idea of what you want ?
Monday is all good with me, just let me know what time is best for you so I can mark it out on my calendar. Give me a call....check you vm.

Big Kahunaa
12-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I would love too, but Then I would have to live in it :( I will just drool all over them until the day my finances allow me to buy one.
I'm with you on that one

HighRoller
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm still eager to see some more detailed pictures like the dash, interior, controls and dual jet setup. Froggy? Can you hook us up?

jdogginla
12-08-2005, 09:58 AM
I think 175k ' ish... :boxed:

HM
12-08-2005, 09:59 AM
I am waiting for a v-drive version. O.k., he can get all crazy and make it a twin v-drive with a single engine or mabey a duo-prop v-drive? It could happen. :D

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure, but if you can't afford it, I'm sure you can get Kachina or an Advantage that looks just like it for a about half the money. :) :rollside:
I'm waiting for the Cheetah... :220v: :crossx: :D :D :D

Cole Trickle
12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
I think it was 225K+

MR HARLEY
12-08-2005, 10:13 AM
I think it was 225K+
For a Deckboat ??........................Hmmmmm

Big Kahunaa
12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I think it was 225K+
I'm out. Ballers

Charley
12-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Im happy with what I got in the oven :crossx:

THOR
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I think it was 225K+
Are you serious?

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the interest everyone. From the top.
Demo days are any day someone can make it out here with some time to spare for a test ride. I will be announcing some days soon at San Vincente here in El Cajon, Elsinore up in Temecula area, Havasu, Parker and the Sacramento River Delta up near Terminous. Soon I hope.
We are working out the last of the development details on the sub enclosure, drop down ramp and amplifier mounting, as well as installing the next generation gear box which features a dry sump oiling system and far greater durability. The large torque numbers we are getting really mandated stepping it up from the stock dual drive 1000hp box and moving to the newer one. So much so it was worth the wait.
Boat number two is for sale right now. Here is a pic from a couple of weeks ago. We decided to cap the front end (no small feat in gelcoat I might add) and have it covered in visqueen right now.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/number_2_bonded.jpg
#3 is going to be popping in the next day or so. We are infusing the hull either today or tomorrow, so upon completion we will pull it out and see how it looks. This was a big one for us because it was the first one shot, laminated and infused all at our new facility.
Here are a couple of pics you can check out of the dash, interior and such for now though...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/helm_pic.jpg
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/interior_front.jpg
Pricing is set at $169,900. That is slammed, built to the hilt and loaded. Twin turbo, intercooled, fuel injected 522 Merlin, Huge Kenwood/Zapco audio system with Ipod adapter and Sirius, not to mention fish killing bass... yada yada yada... Everyone knows what we have been considering stock, so to spare you the bandwidth, I will be happy to send you the features list we include. Warning... it is 14 pages long. I highly recommend that anyone in the market for a boat right now get this and read it, even if you aren't looking for a deckboat. We have gone to some pretty serious lengths to describe why we chose the things we did over what is normally considered stock, and we describe why as well. Just drop me an e-mail at wes@tridentboats and I will get it right out to you.
Test drives are available to anyone. You don't have to be in the market for a boat. I am flattered and honored to have the Revolution be considered a dream boat for some. I am investing in the long run, and know that the more people that consider our boat their personal dream boat, the more likely they are to remember that when they can afford one. There is no question that my path will cross with a Ferrari some day. That I cannot afford it now is irrelevant. I am happy with that for now. We aren't looking to find 50 buyers right now, we are looking to find 2.
Lastly, we have a very, very aggressive referral system in place. PM me for details.
Thanks again for the interest. We won't let anyone down.

THOR
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Toss a pic of the motor and drive up here Wes. Thanks

RiverToysJas
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Looking AWESOME Wes!!!! I can't wait to finally see one up close.
How does the bimini mount, and what does it cover? I'm guessing it can't lay flat when not in use because of the walkways. Or is there some revolutionary patend pending hidaway system for it? :D
Keep up the good work!

Cole Trickle
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Are you serious?
I have been wrong before. :p
Based on the looks/Performance of that boat and the interior detail I don't think 170K is out of line at all.(I would love a ride one day)
I know people that have paid more for less.
If Wes would give me 150K trade in on my 85K boat I would sign up for number 3 in a heart beat. :);)

YeLLowBoaT
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
So where do I sign for that hundred year loan???

RiverToysJas
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
So where do I sign for that hundred year loan???
These day? I'm surprized 6 brokers haven't PM'ed you already! :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Looking AWESOME Wes!!!! I can't wait to finally see one up close.
How does the bimini mount, and what does it cover? I'm guessing it can't lay flat when not in use because of the walkways. Or is there some revolutionary patend pending hidaway system for it? :D
Keep up the good work!
Bimini has been a problem, no question. The cheezy one everyone has isn't really up to the level of the boat, but will be included. It will have a solid rear mount, like the one on RD's boat that makes it look like a Miami Vice radar arch when stowed. Only way to do it.
One of very few options on the boat is the hard bimini top. It is an infused, gelcoated fiberglass hard top that we are building right now. The mount is very similar to a wakeboard tower, but much longer. Top will be almost 10 feet long. I only have a rendering of it right now. It will be super fly though. Not cheap as you can imagine, but you can go full speed with it, and you can tow with it up if need be. Additionally, it will act as an elevated tow point like a wake tower for tubing, skiing or boarding.
Here is some shots of the engine and drives...
http://www.tridentboats.com/news/22/three%5Fyears/image005.jpg
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/engine_pic.jpg
Dyno pull chart for the stock engine. The laser straight line is HP. Not exactly laying down at 5800...
http://www.tridentboats.com/news/22/twins/graph.jpg
As it says in the signature... Stock is Relative... :D

GrapeApe
12-08-2005, 11:16 AM
You know it..... I'm going to be in the bay park area Monday evening, you want me to drop by to talk about what will fit or do you already have an idea of what you want ?
Roz.. Are you going to Johnny's House..? I told him to call you.. He is in Bay Park.. He has the most amazing Back Yard & Bay View.. Get him to put a Plasma down by the Grill & Palapa.. :D
*** Grape Ape ***

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Roz.. Are you going to Johnny's House..? I told him to call you.. He is in Bay Park.. He has the most amazing Back Yard & Bay View.. Get him to put a Plasma down by the Grill & Palapa.. :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Speaking of favorite potential customers... we are having the new long sleeve tees made with some XXXL for you and your brother... ;)
Gotta take care of the big folks this time around!

GrapeApe
12-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Speaking of favorite potential customers... we are having the new long sleeve tees made with some XXXL for you and your brother... ;)
Thanks Wes.... Thats greatly Appreciated.. Now let me get back to work so I can someday afford this Beast of a Boat.. :D
*** Grape Ape ***

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks Wes.... Thats greatly Appreciated.. Now let me get back to work so I can someday afford this Beast of a Boat.. :D
*** Grape Ape ***
I dunno man... way I hear it you and Nashville Bound are both headed for baller of the month status...
How is Vegas???

NashvilleBound
12-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I dunno man... way I hear it you and Nashville Bound are both headed for baller of the month status...
How is Vegas???
Realllly?????????????? That better be a good thing.

BarryMac
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
How many sets of sticks is it going to take for me to get one of these beasts??? Maybe ten years down the road when the kids are gone and the wife has run off with the gardner...

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
How many sets of sticks is it going to take for me to get one of these beasts??? Maybe ten years down the road when the kids are gone and the wife has run off with the gardner...
That is actually our target demographic.
Now I just need to find a couple of folks who have been in boating for ten years, want the best and their wives just ran off with gardeners... ;)

NOTALENT
12-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Wow...that is extemely BITCHEN!!! The day I hit BALLER status I will definatley get one...but till then its to rich for my blood.... :cry: The Gel does look great and accents the interior perfectly.

GrapeApe
12-08-2005, 12:07 PM
How is Vegas???
Vegas is allright.. Slowed down for the Holidays as expected.. Will be back in SD for 2 weeks during Christmas...
*** Grape Ape ***

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Vegas is allright.. Slowed down for the Holidays as expected.. Will be back in SD for 2 weeks during Christmas...
*** Grape Ape ***
Swing by... we have egg nog!

THOR
12-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Sweet.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Red x Wes.
Anyone else??? I can see all of the images...

INSman
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Okay, likely a stupid or ignorant question or (2) as I am pretty unfamiliar with "JETS", but how will this thing do in reverse and how will it do manuevering around the docks with 1 stick forward and the other in reverse ?? :confused:

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Okay, likely a stupid or ignorant question or (2) as I am pretty unfamiliar with "JETS", but how will this thing do in reverse and how will it do manuevering around the docks with 1 stick forward and the other in reverse ?? :confused:
There is no bias steer at all. That being said, this thing turns inside of itself around docks. Significantly better than any outdrive I have ever driven.
I have spun circles in front of Dave's house in the keys with no problem at all. I can't think of any other boats of this size that can boast that.
So, in short, this is the most maneuverable boat of it's type that myself or anyone who has driven it has ever been in.

HM
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
When you learn how to drive a jet, no other propulsion is as manueverable around docks....again, once you learn.

riverbound
12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
There is no bias steer at all. That being said, this thing turns inside of itself around docks. Significantly better than any outdrive I have ever driven.
I have spun circles in front of Dave's house in the keys with no problem at all. I can't think of any other boats of this size that can boast that.
So, in short, this is the most maneuverable boat of it's type that myself or anyone who has driven it has ever been in.
Wes,
If you keep telling me how grest this thing is....you are going to put me in the poor house. :( Cant I just rent or lease one :cry:

riverbound
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
When you learn how to drive a jet, no other propulsion is as manueverable around docks....again, once you learn.
Yep. I grew up driving tourney boats...then I bought my jet, now when Im docking the tourney boat....Im like WTF is wrong with this thing it wont turn. :yuk:

ROZ
12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Warning... it is 14 pages long. I highly recommend that anyone in the market for a boat right now get this and read it, even if you aren't looking for a deckboat. We have gone to some pretty serious lengths to describe why we chose the things we did over what is normally considered stock, and we describe why as well
Hey can you send it to me? I'd like to read just about the stereo...

BADBLOWN572
12-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I have spun a 28 Carrera and a 28 Sleek right in front of Dave's. :D ;)
No doubt about it, jets will dock easier and better than any prop boat out on the water. :)

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey can you send it to me? I'd like to read just about the stereo...
On it's way...
You are going to love the stereo section. We kind of went big.
Phoenix Gold has really let us down lately. So much so that I started looking elsewhere for another American company known for high quality. When I chose PG, they were it. Not anymore unfortunately.
We switched horses to Zapco. Spendy, but by far the best in the industry right now IMO. There are a lot of good manufacturers, but none known for consistently taking home the big trophies in limited classes where quality is really important. Unlimited... well who cares? Anyone with 20,000 watts and 10 amps to ten 15" woofers should hit hard.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I have spun a 28 Carrera and a 28 Sleek right in front of Dave's. :D ;)
No doubt about it, jets will dock easier and better than any prop boat out on the water. :)
With boats on the dock???
Hey, you were there... Pipe up about the maneuverability of the Revolution!
Or how about the one boat length turn around in front of Roadrunner with a running river?

BADBLOWN572
12-08-2005, 12:45 PM
With boats on the dock???
Hey, you were there... Pipe up about the maneuverability of the Revolution!
Or how about the one boat length turn around in front of Roadrunner with a running river?
Yep. :boxed:
I was there when Wes turned the thing around in the canal and the thing definitely will out manuever any boat of comperable size when it comes to slow speed manuevering. :rollside:

ROZ
12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
*** Grape Ape ***
Yes, that's where I'll be... Providing traffic cooperates, I should be there around 6:30....
:D

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Yep. :boxed:
I was there when Wes turned the thing around in the canal and the thing definitely will out manuever any boat of comperable size when it comes to slow speed manuevering. :rollside:
You see... it is only going to take a handful of people who have seen it do some cool stuff to write a damn brochure... So far you are page two... ;)

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Yes, that's where I'll be... Providing traffic cooperates, I should be there around 6:30....
:D
You get your e-mail?

Ducatista
12-08-2005, 12:52 PM
That is one seriously trick lookin boat...I want one. Can I get a Ducatisti discount? :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-08-2005, 01:02 PM
That right says a ton to it's manueverability and handling in tight spaces.

ROZ
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I got the word doc. I just wanted to know about the stereo, but I just had to post the saftey part...
"Safety and Security:
Coast Guard requirements stipulate that you need to have a certain minimum amount of gear aboard any time you hit the water. Minimum requirements being what they are, it is very easy to meet the minimums and call it a day. That mentality is what created the plastic bag wrapped orange horse collar life jackets you see in so many boats. Even that is met only if you option the “Coast Guard Kit” on your build sheet.
The decision makers at Trident have all spent time in the Navy. All have spent enough time on the water in high stress situations to appreciate that when emergencies occur, equipment that may be taken for granted during normal operations suddenly becomes a matter of life or death. What good, for example, is an orange life vest if nobody knows where it is, and it is buried in the bilge getting oily? An expired fire extinguisher? A missing paddle? And how many on board are competent to respond to emergencies?
Here are the minimum Coast Guard requirements: An approved personal flotation device for everyone on board, a signaling device, a throwable seat cushion/life preserver, a paddle, and a fire extinguisher. We started with that list. Every Revolution is delivered with 14 high quality embroidered life jackets, some sized for kids, a good quality paddle, a built in horn wired straight to the battery in case of an electrical failure, and a beautiful chrome fire extinguisher in a billet holder, right by the side swimstep in case you are on your way out of the boat in an emergency. In addition, we provide integrated navigation lights, a large box anchor by “Slide Anchor” (commonly regarded as the very best in the industry) with its companion the Sand Spike, 100 feet of high quality anchor line, 25 feet of line for the sand spike, A floating buoy for your anchor line, four huge bumpers and bungee dock lines for tying up to docks or other boats, and a very useful first aid kit. An engine fire should be adequately taken care of by the on board fire suppression system by Fireboy, oversized for the compartment.
The entire boat electrical system is fused through an automotive style OEM fuse block under the dash, but with a little bonus. The problem with fuses on a boat is that often, by the time you know you have a problem, the fuse is blown. The problem may take a minute or two to trouble-shoot, and by that time you may have used all of your spare fuses, if you had any with you in the first place. On all essential circuits (bilge pump, fuel pump, engine management, bilge blower, audio system) we used circuit breakers in lieu of fuses. This gives you the opportunity to rectify the problem and be back on the water.
One piece of equipment not often thought of in the context of safety is the bilge pump. Most boats come with pumps that will move 250-500 gallons per hour. Ours pump 1000 gph, and we have three of them, one in each sponson. Each has a float switch hard wired to the battery in case someone forgets to put in the plug. The pump is strong enough to keep its sponson free of water even with a plug out. Don’t ask us how we know.
Other items like the included Snap-On tool kit for essential repairs and the LED flashlight attached under the dash at the driver’s feet will remind you why you bought the best in the first place. We also include in every boat a real owner’s manual explaining how to operate all of the features. Basic maintenance procedures are included, along with Coast Guard rules of the road and navigational information. Basic first aid principles are covered, and we have even thrown in some survival info in case you get stranded in big blue for some reason.
From the added safety of the jet drive to the on board fire system, this boat was designed by boaters who know what emergencies are like, and know that they could be experienced by a Trident owner some day. Problems can arise with any boat; we have done what we can to keep you on the water safe and drama free. The ultimate responsibility, however, will always be with the skipper."
I don't know what other builders thoughts about saftey/security are, but it seems well..
There's more on the Assault/Brummet setup, but I have to go get lunch...
It's a good read, thanks :)

Taylorman
12-08-2005, 01:41 PM
What kind of exhaust and turbo is on the motor? Is there something missing on this motor? Distributor and plug wires? Didn't you say a while back you were putting a trick rail kit in it. Has this been done and do you have any pictures?

Jyruiz
12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Froggystyle,
after reading what Roz posted, I can assure you that this is my dream boat. Just looking at pics makes me want to start saving for it now. I hope I am lucky enough to get a ride if I ever see you on the water.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 02:16 PM
What kind of exhaust and turbo is on the motor? Is there something missing on this motor? Distributor and plug wires? Didn't you say a while back you were putting a trick rail kit in it. Has this been done and do you have any pictures?
There is a couple of things missing. For one, there is no distributor. All of the plugs are fired by an individual coil on each cylinder, and all eight coils are on the front of the motor on a billet bracket.
Here is a pic of the injection/ignition computer and the coils...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/injection_and_coils.jpg
Rail kit is still in the air. The solid aluminum mounts we are running are very strong, available and great looking. We are working with Brian on some rail kit designs, but are worried that they might not do as good a job as these Glenwood mounts. We don't need adjustability, we don't need ease of re-installation and the motor mounts we are using have a built in bell housing.

frdvschvy
12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Dear Santa....

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Taylorman... unload your PM's... trying to get this off to you.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Froggystyle,
after reading what Roz posted, I can assure you that this is my dream boat. Just looking at pics makes me want to start saving for it now. I hope I am lucky enough to get a ride if I ever see you on the water.
That was a small part of our spec sheet/features and benefits list. Anyone who wants the whole thing, just drop me an e-mail at wes@tridentboats.com and I will get the whole doc out to you.
And thanks! You can get a ride anytime...
Wes

Taylorman
12-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Done

Taylorman
12-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Rail kit is still in the air. The solid aluminum mounts we are running are very strong, available and great looking. We are working with Brian on some rail kit designs, but are worried that they might not do as good a job as these Glenwood mounts. We don't need adjustability, we don't need ease of re-installation and the motor mounts we are using have a built in bell housing.
Very true, i just asked because of the nature of this boat being all proprietary and all. That contradicts your signature statement "Stock is Relative".

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Wes, when do you think the long sleeved shirts will be available on your site? I'd like to get a couple. Don't need XXXL, though :D
Not ready to swing for the boat, but I'll advertise the heck out of it for ya! :p

uvindex
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
"four huge bumpers"They're fenders, not bumpers. :)
p.s. Nice boat!

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Wes, when do you think the long sleeved shirts will be available on your site? I'd like to get a couple. Don't need XXXL, though :D
We are waiting on the shirts right now. They are really bitchin looking though... Here is a photoshop of it...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/trident_shirt_back.jpg
We will make sure everyone knows when the new shirts are here. Thanks for the support!

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
They're fenders, not bumpers. :)
Fenders are for cars. ;)
OK... point taken. I will change it. I still call them bumpers though. :D

uvindex
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Fenders are for cars. ;)
OK... point taken. I will change it. I still call them bumpers though. :DFunny, I always tell people "bumpers are for cars!" Just trying to help, and nice boat! :)

cola
12-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Fenders are for cars. ;)
OK... point taken. I will change it. I still call them bumpers though. :D
I though bumpers were for cars. :cool:

NorCal Gameshow
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
i'm gonna send this link to my boss... a Trident would be a great for team building... :) :) :)

THATJEFFGUY
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
One of very few options on the boat is the hard bimini top. It is an infused, gelcoated fiberglass hard top that we are building right now. The mount is very similar to a wakeboard tower, but much longer. Top will be almost 10 feet long. I only have a rendering of it right now. It will be super fly though. Not cheap as you can imagine, but you can go full speed with it, and you can tow with it up if need be. Additionally, it will act as an elevated tow point like a wake tower for tubing, skiing or boarding.
So can a stripper pole be mounted on this top...and is the top strong enough to hold a couple of dancin' ho's ? :D
Oh...how much extra is an engine hatch ?? :p

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Very true, i just asked because of the nature of this boat being all proprietary and all. That contradicts your signature statement "Stock is Relative".
The proprietary stuff we designed and built was purely a response to nothing in the industry suiting the purpose. We went proprietary out of neccessity.
We keep trying to talk ourselves out of these Glenwood mounts, but if you step away from the problem a little, you will see that they actually look better and smoother than the rail kit would. Compared to the castings, the rail kit looks a little manufactured and rough.
Like I said, we chose them because for the purpose, they are doing a better job than the rail kit.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
So can a stripper pole be mounted on this top...and is the top strong enough to hold a couple of dancin' ho's ? :D
This week only, I will throw it in. ;)
The hatch wasn't a good idea for the first test. Water leaks and engine monitoring and all... It is on there now.

Jyruiz
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Very, very good questions.

ROZ
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Well damn, I forgot what I was going to say... :p

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Nice lookin' shirts.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif

THATJEFFGUY
12-08-2005, 03:58 PM
We are waiting on the shirts right now. They are really bitchin looking though... Here is a photoshop of it...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/trident_shirt_back.jpg
We will make sure everyone knows when the new shirts are here. Thanks for the support!
Sweet design on the shirts ! Lemme know when you get em in. I'll advertise for ya too, but I need a big one..billboard size ! :D

RiverDave
12-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I would like to come down and go for a ride in the Trident. When is good?
RD

Phat Matt
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Supporting the cause...:D Oh, and when you buy a Trident tell Wes Phat Matt sent ya. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC00510.JPG

Infomaniac
12-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I am waiting for a v-drive version. O.k., he can get all crazy and make it a twin v-drive with a single engine or mabey a duo-prop v-drive? It could happen. :D
:D :D :D :D :D

cola
12-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Will it be at the LA boat show????

canuck1
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
so how shallow can this thing run :rollside:

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
That is actually our target demographic.
Now I just need to find a couple of folks who have been in boating for ten years, want the best and their wives just ran off with gardeners... ;)
Hey, wait a minute, I've been boating for 44 years, want the best bang for my buck but my wife decided NOT to run off with the gardener after all. (I think it had to do with the arrival of the grandpuppy). So are you saying I don't fit the intended demographic and can't get one if I want it?
Seriously, NICE work!

nodigg
12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Wes, What are you offering for warranty? Bumper to bumper.fender to fender?

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Will it be at the LA boat show????
Unfortunately no...
We are not really a basement display kind of company, so until we have the history and the clout (and the cash) for a primo spot up on the main floor, we will probably hold off. Why pay good money to look JV?
Plus, I would rather spend the money helping out our dealers with their shows... LA is a manufacturer show and we will be selling all but the first three through dealers.

Froggystyle
12-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey, wait a minute, I've been boating for 44 years, want the best bang for my buck but my wife decided NOT to run off with the gardener after all. (I think it had to do with the arrival of the grandpuppy). So are you saying I don't fit the intended demographic and can't get one if I want it?
Seriously, NICE work!
I know a bunch of gardeners if it will help? ;)
Thanks for the good words though...
I am checking in from my phone here at a Xmas party in Carlsbad. (I know...DORK!!!) and I will get all of those who wrote me the spec sheets in the morning...

ROZ
12-08-2005, 10:54 PM
let me know when you get those cool long sleeve shirts... look great !

Froggystyle
12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Wes, What are you offering for warranty? Bumper to bumper.fender to fender?
Right now it is looking like lifetime hull warranty, one year on the motor and drive unmodified (one year on the drive and none on the motor when modified for 950hp...modification is free) and a year on the rest of the boat as well. For the first year, all services are free to the client, including oil and filter changes, winterizing, drive oil changes, maintenance, spark plugs at proper intervals, tuning etc... Think BMW.. (Doing any of the maintenance yourself will actually void the warranty). Any problems that crop up will be taken care of during these services for free as well. There will be zero maintenance costs to the buyer the first year.
Trailer has the Extreme warranty, along with tires etc... Turbonetics has a lifetime warranty on the ball bearing turbos as well.
Everyone's spec sheets should have gone out this morning, so check your e-mails.
Thanks,
Wes

Lightning
12-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Can you send me one as well?
Thanks,
AC

nodigg
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Can you send me one as well?
Thanks,
AC
what he said!

RP1
12-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Right now it is looking like lifetime hull warranty, one year on the motor and drive unmodified (one year on the drive and none on the motor when modified for 950hp...modification is free) and a year on the rest of the boat as well. For the first year, all services are free to the client, including oil and filter changes, winterizing, drive oil changes, maintenance, spark plugs at proper intervals, tuning etc... Think BMW.. (Doing any of the maintenance yourself will actually void the warranty). Any problems that crop up will be taken care of during these services for free as well. There will be zero maintenance costs to the buyer the first year.
Trailer has the Extreme warranty, along with tires etc... Turbonetics has a lifetime warranty on the ball bearing turbos as well.
Everyone's spec sheets should have gone out this morning, so check your e-mails.
Thanks,
Wes
No maintenance for a year... that right there says a tremendous amount about the confidence of this company in its product. My wife has a 05' BMW and that maintenance policy has been priceless.
Keep up the good work and best of luck on a superb creation.

Froggystyle
12-09-2005, 11:19 AM
what he said!
Drop me an e-mail at wes@tridentboats.com
I am suprised that Roz hasn't said anything about the stereo... ;)

Flashover
12-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Are you willing to say who your dealers are at this time? :)

BarryMac
12-09-2005, 11:31 AM
let me know when you get those cool long sleeve shirts... look great !
Me Too!!!

Froggystyle
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Are you willing to say who your dealers are at this time? :)
Not right now. We are trying to solidify our positions with them and finalize our deals. Once we sell these first three boats and have some ecstatic customers, we will be much fighting from a much stronger base with regard to our very aggressive referral and warranty programs.

Lightning
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
How many dealers do you think you'll have in Southern California?

Phat Matt
12-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Can't wait to hear it! This should also bring out the 12v vs 6v guys. :D
Audio System:
“Club Trident” needs a monster audio system, that much is clear. The 12 volt audio market is a constantly changing and evolving entity. Newer, better technology comes and goes so often it is difficult to stay on top of the situation. Our participation with SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) puts us in a wonderful position to get the very latest and greatest information available on any new technology. As such, we are featuring nothing but the very best component audio available today.
The new Kenwood Marine head unit is the crux of the system. Water resistant without a bulky and clunky cover, the Kenwood system allows us to mount two waterproof remotes in series on the swimstep and the front ramp area. This does away with the wireless remote commonly available that everyone forgets is in their pocket and accidentally jumps in the water with.
True audiophiles will recognize the Zapco name as providing the highest quality amplifiers and speakers available today. Zapco made its name in the heated DB (Decibel) battles of southern California car shows where they regularly pull in the big trophies. Zapco amps are stable at such low ohm loads that you could double, triple or even quadruple rated wattage by splitting the loads. Meaning? 1200 watts out of a “300” watt amp. For boat use, where people run the stereos long, hot and with minimal voltage this is perfect. Additionally, they are made right here in California and totally committed to building the finest OEM system available.
With a 1000 watt rated subwoofer amplifier (2000 in our 2 ohm configuration) driving a set of four 12” SPL specific subwoofers as the stock bass offering, we know that our “stock” boat will be winning a lot of stereo competitions. Combine the four 12’s with eight sets of 6 ½” reference separates and you have some serious fish killing bass on board. More importantly, you will be able to hear it while cruising at 70 mph. Our driver/owner appreciation program provides a pair of separates mounted directly in the dashboard to serve the best seat in the house. There are two more in the front seating area, two in the rear and a pair facing forward from the front ramp to be heard on the beach, while you kick back with your favorite beverage. With Sirius satellite radio standard and an IPod adapter integrated right into the Kenwood head unit, you can be sure that you won’t be ruining any more CDs in the boat, or have to carry your whole collection with you every weekend. The IPod adapter is one more example of our commitment to using the latest and greatest. Anyone who doesn’t own one of these little gems will soon do so.
One of the other key problems with marine audio is power. Compared to the time spent hanging around listening to music, most boaters don’t actually run the boat enough to keep the batteries topped off. With a draw of nearly 40 amps, you would need to keep the motor running the whole time if you only had the starting battery. Some do so, and that is one of the big contributors to carbon monoxide fumes in the Havasu Channel and other places people congregate. This is unacceptable, so we were clearly going to need more energy storage.
There are a ton of very sexy audio batteries out there. They range in price from the Optima Blue tops at about $120 to Odyssey and SVR audio specific batteries at upwards of $300. No matter how good the battery, you will be replacing it every three years or so anyway, so the cost of this is something to consider. Additionally, these specialized batteries are pretty finicky when it comes to the type and amount of the charge available. We wanted an inexpensive workhorse that could really handle a lot of charge quickly and would go the distance. No draw in commercial battery use is harder than the electric golf cart.
Golf cart batteries are usually six volt and are used to haul fat golfers and their equipment up and down hills all day long, day in and day out. Average charge cycles on a set of cart batteries should be well over 1000 before replacement. The best batteries are made by a brand called Trojan. Being for a golf cart, they are available anywhere you can find golfers or gated communities. They also cost less than $50.
Having tested these in river usage as replacements for a pair of Optimas, we can say with certainty that the Trojans are the battery of choice. Much longer run time, much more flexible with charge amperage and quality and they never developed a memory.
Two Trojan batteries come standard in every Revolution. Play time at full volume exceeds four hours. Play at a reasonable volume (whatever that means) all weekend. For another $400 you can have another two with the trick billet battery bracket and double your time on the water without having to re-charge.
The bottom line is, whether you are singing slightly off key with Jimmy Buffett’s tales of an overage pirate or Shaking your tail feather with Nelly, the Revolution’s audio system will deliver you the best sound short of seeing them live in concert. No extra money necessary. If there had been a better system out there we would have found it.

Froggystyle
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
How many dealers do you think you'll have in Southern California?
One. There are not going to be a whole pile of dealers. It will dillute the market and make the competition between them intolerable. Additionally, we won't be selling factory direct after these first three boats. Very bad business. Competing with your dealers is the worst way to keep them. The fact that you will sell at wholesale to them means that you will be happy to sell at wholesale to anyone. Phone Eliminator right now and ask them pricing. They will quote you retail, but tell you that you should really come to the factory because they can't quote the deal they are willing to do on the phone. Dealers are trying to sell based on a percentage of imaginary retail in that situation. Easy to imagine that getting very frustrating.
We are looking at ten very high quality dealers. Great sales integrity and knowledge, phenomenal attention to the clients needs and a stellar service department will separate our dealers from a lot of them. People need to know that whatever could possibly happen to their boats, they can be taken care of by the dealer. I can't imagine that there are that many dealerships that fit this bill across the nation. If you know of any, please let me know.

Flashover
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
When you say you are looking at ten very high quality dealers, do you mean that you have found them and are in negotiations or that you want to end up with ten high quality dealers? What terratories are you looking at? North, South, East, West....... :crossx: :crossx: Good luck with the biz you have a great boat that is very unique and should do well in the hands of the right dealer.. :clover: :clover:

Froggystyle
12-10-2005, 10:33 AM
When you say you are looking at ten very high quality dealers, do you mean that you have found them and are in negotiations or that you want to end up with ten high quality dealers? What terratories are you looking at? North, South, East, West....... :crossx: :crossx: Good luck with the biz you have a great boat that is very unique and should do well in the hands of the right dealer.. :clover: :clover:
We are in negotiations with three right now. We are looking for seven more or so. Territories? Where are the parties? We are looking at the Lake Norman area in North Carolina, Lake of The Ozarks/St. Louis area, Somewhere in Texas, Chicago,Minneapolis or some other Great Lake area (may be covered by the St. Louis dealer potentially), Northern California, Southern California/Havasu, Tampa/Miami, Tri State area (New York City area), possibly New Orleans/Lake Ponchartrain and likely Phoenix. Anyone who has a favorite dealer in any of these areas, I would love to hear from you.

RP1
12-10-2005, 11:02 AM
How many boats a year do you expect to build? I'm sure not having to deal with the sales end of things will allow for more building time in the long run.

Froggystyle
12-10-2005, 11:08 AM
How many boats a year do you expect to build? I'm sure not having to deal with the sales end of things will allow for more building time in the long run.
That is the idea... be great at building boats, let other people be great at selling them. We want to be building 40 boats a year here pretty soon. Eventually, we would like to be up to significantly higher volume than that.

HCS
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
So your looking for boat dealers to sell and service your boats?

Froggystyle
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
So your looking for boat dealers to sell and service your boats?
Yes... enthusiastically. They will need to do both extremely well to be considered.

HCS
12-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Yes... enthusiastically. They will need to do both extremely well to be considered.
Big shoes to fill.
After transportation destinaton charges and my dealer added make up, I'll probably list the boats at 245,000. :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
12-12-2005, 11:08 AM
nice boat well see how they do at the la boat showin 2006

Jyruiz
12-12-2005, 11:15 AM
His is not putting it in the LA boat show.

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Jyruiz is correct, we will not be at LA this year. We will be on the river though... Although it is probably the Custom boat equivalent of not listing your house in the MLS... ;)

Lightning
12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Jyruiz is correct, we will not be at LA this year. We will be on the river though... Although it is probably the Custom boat equivalent of not listing your house in the MLS... ;)
That's a good thing, right?

RiverDave
12-12-2005, 01:05 PM
I would like to come down and go for a ride in the Trident. When is good?
RD
Hhhhhhrrrrr HHHhhhhmmm...
RD

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Hhhhhhrrrrr HHHhhhhmmm...
RD
I meant customers Dave... ;)
Not to mention, you had your chance. Hell, I drove up to your house. We were parked at the Roadrunner!
J/K. You can come down after everyone important has gotten a ride.

RiverDave
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I meant customers Dave... ;)
Not to mention, you had your chance. Hell, I drove up to your house. We were parked at the Roadrunner!
J/K. You can come down after everyone impotant has gotten a ride.
Shit that's going to take forever if your using this board as a potential customer pool.. :D
(You know you just went back and looked at your post to make sure you didn't write that.)
Incidentally, you came to my house in the middle of the night.. and Roadrunner was in the middle of the night. I was thinking more of a daytime dealio, you know.. So we can actually get the boat up on plane n what not?
RD

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Shit that's going to take forever if your using this board as a potential customer pool.. :D
(You know you just went back and looked at your post to make sure you didn't write that.)
Incidentally, you came to my house in the middle of the night.. and Roadrunner was in the middle of the night. I was thinking more of a daytime dealio, you know.. So we can actually get the boat up on plane n what not?
RD
Oh... that.
Yeah, well we were out all weekend, and swung by during the day as well.
Face it, you will have to wait in line with all of the impotent people... ;)

Just Tool'n
12-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Now we are talking, stripper poles!
Nothing goes better with boating than Strippers!

Just Tool'n
12-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I can certainly appriciate the value of what you are paying for here.
Especially whern I saw that Snap-On Tools were included!

BoatFloating
12-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Wes, the boat is looking awesome. You should be proud that you didn't cut any corners and made sure you do it right the first time.... Congrats to and your team... :D

2sand2
12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
truly a beautiful boat Wes.
I so want one some day but am going to have to marry a different women for the gardner to steal cuz my current one would look way to good on that boat to let her go off with some Lue or another....
I too love the attention to detail and not compromising on anything from structure to drive to safety to well the all important stripper pole... seriously, you and the entire company should, and no doubtedly do, feel proud of what you have made..
that said, can I get a 40% discount for great ass kissing???
any way thanks for makin something I can dream about...

Froggystyle
12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
truly a beautiful boat Wes.
I so want one some day but am going to have to marry a different women for the gardner to steal cuz my current one would look way to good on that boat to let her go off with some Lue or another....
I too love the attention to detail and not compromising on anything from structure to drive to safety to well the all important stripper pole... seriously, you and the entire company should, and no doubtedly do, feel proud of what you have made..
that said, can I get a 40% discount for great ass kissing???
any way thanks for makin something I can dream about...
Come on by anytime and get a ride... we will inevitably be open.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We built this boat the way we did because we knew that enough people would "get it" to make it worthwhile.
I will let the rest of the companies fight over who can build a boat for the lowest price. Anyone who wants to scrap with us will have to be primarily concerned with quality, performance, safety and integrity to make it a fair fight. The price is what it is... my build cost is well over the "retail" of some of my competition.
The best thing we can do is send out this spec sheet and encourage people to compare us to others apples to apples. Some items can not be replicated at any price. The drop down ramp, side swimstep, dual drive jet, controls, interior layout etc... Some items can be like the audio system, gauges, engine and trailer. For someone to replicate our Marine Assault/Carson Brummet engine alone would be a $75,000 bill. Of course you would likely get a $10,000 credit for your stock 496 Mag. Stand by for how much it would cost to build a drive that would hold onto that motor reliably. You would need a #6 Merc or a Weissmann. To replicate our audio system would cost easily $10,000 above stock. The list goes on and on. Amazingly, $169,900 is actually a hell of a deal when compared to other boats comparably rigged.