PDA

View Full Version : Name change

LD Mandella
12-08-2005, 09:56 AM
FYI, when HB changed the site I could no longer register as 83Nordic( forgot my pass word and changed my e-mail ) sooo from her on out i am LD Mandella in honor of the other boat. Dont worry same great guy !
John

pixrthis
12-08-2005, 10:55 AM
can you post any pics of the Mandella? I just bought a 62

LD Mandella
12-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah I need to take some, I have a short deck and a long deck, the short deck is a project to sell, the long deck is a project also but a keeper.

old rigger
12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
can you post any pics of the Mandella? I just bought a 62
did you buy the one that was in the boat trader? this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/62mandella.jpg

LD Mandella
12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
no that one has been around forever, older style,nice ski boat though. The short deck is a '72 great original shape but needs gel coat or paint and re anodizing etc. it is set up for FE Ford I have a 428 for it and all the parts just has to get cleaned up and put back together will make someone a nice nostalgic piece Holman and moody oil cooler,cover, bell housing etc. I want to get the long deck going first though it is ready to assemble with only a few pieces left to be fabbed up.

pixrthis
12-08-2005, 02:32 PM
That's it, it'll make a great ski boat for the wife and kids.
did you buy the one that was in the boat trader? this one?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/flyin-t/62mandella.jpg

hottrodder
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Ah! So you did find a long deck after all. Great! Is it metal flake green with gear steer?

coolchange
12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
That's it, it'll make a great ski boat for the wife and kids.
Bitchen! Welcome to boat rodding! That will look awesome behind your dads Ranchero!!!

coolchange
12-08-2005, 05:25 PM
PS, I think you should put one of those tri-powers your dad has laying around on it!

pixrthis
12-09-2005, 10:33 AM
PS, I think you should put one of those tri-powers your dad has laying around on it!
He's asking to swap the factory aluminum 4-barrel for the 61's tri-power but I'm not sure how dependable that would be, but it'll look cool.As far as the Ranchero, I was thinking the same thing once I convert to a tandem axle with polished Americans what, maybe it'll help him at the car shows.

AzMandella
01-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Ah! So you did find a long deck after all. Great! Is it metal flake green with gear steer?
I'm pretty sure that the metalflake green with gear stearing is here in Tucson now.My friend who restores Mandella's bought it out of Cali a while back.