PDA

View Full Version : "i like boats and beer...............sun an sea"

Fast Freddy
12-08-2005, 08:56 PM
my boats busted......................... can i get a tow back to the marina? lol
my name is Fast Freddy. i may be new around here but i aint no stranger to the H2O. i have had my boats on 11 different lakes in arizona over the last 11 years including firebird lake where i used to drag race my jet boat in the river racer class. this site is the coolest site on the net. hope to meet some of you out on the lake next summer. i have included a couple pix here of me and my boats.

RiverDave
12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the board Fast Freddy!
What motor do you have in your rage?
RD

atomickitn
welcome to the jungle.... now you are going to have to post pics of more than just your boat sooo be forwarned! :rollside:

FREEAGENT
What up Fast Freddy. :220v:

Biglue
12-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Welcome aboard FF.

Kim Hanson
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Welcome newbie and that jet is slow, okay they are both slow :p welcome to the sand box,keep your thoughts together and it will work out in here :p I like " beer, boats & boobies " the 3 b's of boating........( . )( . )..........NOT TO SCREW YOU UP, IM A GUY ! :cool:

FREEAGENT
12-08-2005, 09:07 PM
So what ever happend to Dragboat.com? I miss there classifieds!!

FREEAGENT
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
NOT TO SCREW YOU UP, IM A GUY !
Yeah rite and ***boat has a magazine :D

Kim Hanson
12-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah rite and ***boat has a magazine :D
Hell ya !..............( . )( . )............ :D

FREEAGENT
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Damn kim that straw in your avitar should be up that troopers nostrel man!!! :220v: :D

olbiezer
12-08-2005, 10:05 PM
kim when did u become a guy? heard that operation was hell lmao

Kim Hanson
12-08-2005, 10:19 PM
kim when did u become a guy? heard that operation was hell lmao
I got an Out Board...........( . )( . )...........Then a v-drive ---------pain in the arse thing! Same ass mine , you ride on these things! Not, sit in them...fun stuff........ :p

Fast Freddy
12-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the board Fast Freddy!
What motor do you have in your rage?
RD
when i bought the boat new it had a 425 horse 496 HO with bravo x series drive. this motor was one of the older ones so it has the forged steel crank. the highest i ever GPS'd when the boat was bone stock was at lake pleasant. i GPS'd 71 mph with a 24 pitch prop and very little weight (1 passenger, 2 coolers and 20 gallons of fuel) in the boat. last winter i had larrys engine & marine bolt on a 2.3 L whipple charger and ran only 4 lbs of boost with a way to rich tune. it was only making like 550 HP. on memorial weekend i hit 78 mph on GPS at lake havasu with a 28 pitch prop. i had 4 people on the boat, 3 full coolers and about 45 gallons of fuel. i only managed 5,000 rpm's. unfortunately at roosevelt lake over labor day weekend i had a pushrod break. so i decided to have larrys engine & marine take my boat to the next level.
they pulled my engine and bored it .030 over and hung scat H-beam rods on the stock forged steel crank and larry put in his custom designed forged JE pistons. they are dished pistons and my compression ratio is now a boost friendly 8.5:1. the bottom end of my engine is now built to handle 900 horsepower. larry treated the stock iron heads to 5 way radiused SI intake valves and fully radiused inconel exhaust valves. larry had comps cams grind me a custom hydraulic cam with .612 lift and more duration (split pattern) than the stocker on a 114 LSA. larry installed 1.7 ratio lunati roller rockers and last but not least better 3/8 pushrods. we changed the boost pulley on the blower and now i a making 6.5 psi.
dustin at whipple retuned my computer with a custom map for this new combo and we put it on the dyno last week and set everything up with a safe tune. i am running the stock ignition system and colder spark plugs with bigger fuel injectors, bigger fuel pump and bigger fuel pressure regulator, etc. with 30 degrees of timing and a 11.5:1 A/F ratio it made 688 HP and 789 TQ. i have included a few dyno sheets here below for you to see.
larry's also installed IMCO's dual ram hydraulic steering and i had my 28 inch bravo prop lab finished. they reset my rev limiter to 5,400 rpm's so i should be able to run the 28 inch prop up to max rpms now. i figure this new setup should be good for at least 85 mph on GPS now. it might even go as fast as my kachina has.............that bein 86.9 mph

Craig
12-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the board FF. A bunch of in the Phoenix area have Larry power under the hatch. Drop a line on the board if you head up to Pleasant any time soon. We're thinking about New Years day, but that's typipcally turns out to be a dream after the party the night before :p BTW, nice avatar, Great White, Hooked?

LUVNLIFE
12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the boards. I remeber seeing your boat at Firebird in the past.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2005, 11:52 AM
my boats busted......................... can i get a tow back to the marina? lol
my name is Fast Freddy. i may be new around here but i aint no stranger to the H2O. i have had my boats on 11 different lakes in arizona over the last 11 years including firebird lake where i used to drag race my jet boat in the river racer class. this site is the coolest site on the net. hope to meet some of you out on the lake next summer. i have included a couple pix here of me and my boats.
where are the women :mad:

Fast Freddy
12-10-2005, 07:57 PM
if you see this gurl here in the pic i have provided below tell her she needs to take a ride on my boat.

Fast Freddy
12-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the board FF. A bunch of in the Phoenix area have Larry power under the hatch. Drop a line on the board if you head up to Pleasant any time soon. We're thinking about New Years day, but that's typipcally turns out to be a dream after the party the night before :p BTW, nice avatar, Great White, Hooked?
Craig - yes that would be the album cover to great whites "HOOKED"
the name of my nordic boat is: "FLY-N-HI"
the name of my kachina boat is: "HIGH voltage"
on the side of my engine scoop on my kachina is the nickname for that boat, that says: "ride the lightning"
all of my boats have slammin stereo systems. in my nordic i have 2 rockford amps totalling 1500 watts and a clarion marine CD head unit. the 10 speakers spread out through the boat consist of 8 diamond audio pro series seperate mids and tweets and two 10" JL audio bass speakers. i keep everything charged with 2 optima marine batteries.
Craig - i will be sure to give you a heads up when i take my nordic to the lake for its shakedown runs with my new engine. i will be gettin my boat back from larry's this next week. i will be takin my sand rail to glamis new years weekend so i plan on hittin pleasant on a saturday sometime in january after that.

Brian
12-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Welcome Fast Freddy! Several of the guys I hang out with are from Tucson. That group mostly frequents Apache and San Carlos. One of the guys is here on the boards occasionally (HeavyHitter) and had a Kachina like yours with a twin turbo 514 Ford that ran very well. Name on the boat was "Clownin Around". He sold it to a guy in Phx so it's still around AZ. Now he's in a Cheetah tunnel with green flames on it. If you see us at the lake be sure to stop by and say hello. I could swear I've seen your Nordic on Apache but it could also be Pesky's old boat that I still see once in a while. I just got back from Larry's myself a few weeks ago. That's always an expensive trip!
:cool:

Craig
12-11-2005, 11:33 AM
FF,
I haven't had my boat out since September, so I'm ready for a January Saturday at the lake. I want to try out a 34 Bravo I borrowed :)

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Another T-towner... welcome...

Fast Freddy
12-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Craig - thats a nice boat you got there. to pull that 34 pitch prop you must be runnin close to 1000 hp? i assume your currently runnin a 32 pitch prop? how many rpm's are you turnin?

voodooCanoe
12-11-2005, 12:46 PM
So what ever happend to Dragboat.com? I miss there classifieds!!
It's dragboats.com