PDA

View Full Version : HTM Update

Kwicherbichen
01-14-2002, 12:44 AM
The 11:00 local news in the Los Angeles area said that the dive team located the 30' HTM sometime during the day on 1/13/02. They will attempt to recover the boat in the morning on 1/14/02. Investigators are hopefull the wreckage will indicate how the accident occured. The LA County Sheriff's Department is also asking anyone that may have video taped or witnessed the accident to aid in the investigation.

funkcity
01-14-2002, 09:25 AM
LA Times Mon Jan 14
California/Valley Edition Print only
/ Boat was discovered early Sunday evening with the use of a submersible remote controlled camera.
/A San Diego firm was then called in and began searching. The bodies of the three missing were not found, but the firm and the Sheriff’s Department will attempt to raise the vessel today.
Anyone with information on the accident can call: (323) 890-5500

Kwicherbichen
01-15-2002, 01:27 AM
01/14/02
KCAL 9 News at 10:00 pm reported:
Dive teams did not recover any bodies or the boat today. The investigators declared the crash site unsafe. The families and friends of the missing men were upset and feel that the LA County Sheriff's Dept is not cooperating in the recovery process.
Because the Sheriff's dive team is limited to 190 ft dives, the families have hired a private dive team with the equipment and training to dive to the 240 ft depth. Another attempt to recover the bodies will be made today 01/15/02. The cost of the private dive team cost $10,000.

MIKEHTMSR24
01-15-2002, 04:40 AM
I being from the southeast (SC) have been keeping up with all of the news. The news of course is on all of the boating sites. This is a large head count to our sport.
The cost of this accident will be higher probably than anyone could imagine. The responses from everyone is overwhelming. Open hearts all the way. If you can spare a little change or a lot of change let's open our wallets to also help in this tragedy. With the number of members in our boating families we CAN help out the HTM families.
Thanks, Mike
[This message has been edited by MIKEHTMSR24 (edited January 15, 2002).]

Donzi26ZX
01-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Any more news, just curious. My family is saddened and shocked too, so many times we have lived on the edge. Life is so precious.
You left coast guys please keep us posted.
Bryan

RiverDave2
01-17-2002, 08:30 AM
Did they raise the boat yet? I was told they were suppose to get raise it yesterday.
RD

Hustler
01-17-2002, 09:15 AM
From what I have been told as of this morning they are not going to raise the boat, The Sherrif's or LifeGuards are not allowing the private company do what they where hired to do and that is raise the boat and the remaining bodies. I dont understand what the problem is but it sounded to me like the company that was hired is just getting jerked around. Thats all I know at this point in time.
Hustler
[This message has been edited by Hustler (edited January 17, 2002).]

RiverDave2
01-17-2002, 09:24 AM
You have got to be shitting me.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif Why in the hell would they not let them raise the boat and the family members?
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 17, 2002).]

MissHBjet
01-17-2002, 09:29 AM
I heard on the news this morning they are still searching for the remains. SO SAD!
MissHBJet

Hustler
01-17-2002, 09:36 AM
From what I have been told is the Life Guards are only letting them get one dive a day in, and at those deeps it's only 15 min. Like I said I dont understand it.
Hustler

HTM Lady
01-17-2002, 09:51 AM
In regards to all the questions and information. The boat has been viewed and marked. The 3 bodies have not been found. They are continuing to search and will continue until they are found. This has and is a tragic accident. These 4 men were wonderful people who left an ever lasting impression on every one they met. Steve is a dear friend to myself and MrPump. MrPump is my Best Friend and my Boyfriend and my life. I dont think there ther is anyone who wont dearly miss these men. Please everyone Pray that these men will be recovered so we can create some closure for the children and families that have to suffer threw this. Im sure I will be leaving the post but want to thank everyone for all the kindness and its been a real blast in the past. God Bless all of you and keep safe.

spectras only
01-17-2002, 10:24 AM
I think our friends were thrown from the vessel and they're not in the craft, maybe the local authorities just doing some demage control not to let the boat raised yet.{remember what MrPump said about we have someone in on this test,regarding speed on that lake].I feel for the families not being able to get over with this, not able to rest until their loved ones found.

Backfire
01-17-2002, 10:58 AM
Here's an article from Wednesday's LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/los_angeles_metro/la-000004098jan16.story

DMB
01-17-2002, 02:58 PM
From what I've heard the city is making them pull a permit to raise the hull,can you believe this shit.
The divers can only stay down for 20 minutes max, then must come up and also decompress while resurfacing.