PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pryor DEAD

BoatPI
12-10-2005, 02:06 PM
I am amazed that he lived so long. A very funney guy, yet he could be credited with unknowingly starting the free basing cocaine craze.

LUVNLIFE
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Was just watching him in Brewster's Millions this morning. Too bad.

H20Advantage
12-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Comedian Richard Pryor dead of heart attack at 65
Updated at 16:48 on December 10, 2005, EST.
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, has died.
He was 65.
He died sometime late Friday or early Saturday of a heart attack at his home in the San Fernando Valley, said his ex-wife Flyn Pryor.
Pryor, whose audacious style influenced an array of stand-up artists, had been sick for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.
Regarded early in his career as one of the most foul-mouthed comics in the business, Pryor gained a wide following for his expletive-filled but universal and frequently personal insights into modern life and race relations.
Among those most influenced by his comedy were fellow black artists such as Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Damon Wayans, as well as Robin Williams, David Letterman and others. Pryor's pioneering success made their roads to stardom all the smoother.
A series of hit comedies in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as filmed versions of his concert performances, helped make him one of the highest paid stars in Hollywood. He was one of the first black performers to have enough leverage to cut his own Hollywood deals. In 1983, he signed a $40-million, five-year contract with Columbia Pictures.
Among his films: Stir Crazy, Silver Streak, The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings, Which Way Is Up? and Richard Pryor Live on the Sunset Strip.

Aqua Boogie1
12-10-2005, 02:14 PM
R.I.P........Mr. Pryor. :frown:

JetBoatRich
12-10-2005, 05:28 PM
He was one of the funniest :cool:
R.I.P

MagicMtnDan
12-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Strange how his obit didn't mention him setting himself on fire and burning 1/2 his body badly while freebasing cocaine. :220v:

SoCal_fun
12-10-2005, 05:55 PM
What an awesome comedian, one of the all time best and one of the originators!! RIP!

shueman
12-10-2005, 06:00 PM
RIP....on of the best X-Rated funnymen.....

JUST LOOKING
12-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Strange how his obit didn't mention him setting himself on fire and burning 1/2 his body badly while freebasing cocaine. :220v:
:yuk: Well I'am sure when your time comes there are things we need not to know. :rollside:

CornWater
12-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Why the F is that strange?? Kick a man while he is down?? It would be f'n outstanding if you could think once in a while before you type... :mad:

AltarGirl
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
This is a bummer. :cry: Luckily there's plenty of movies & live shows to watch & listen to still :)

HocusPocus
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/richard-pryor/richard-pryor02.jpg
a comedy legend.. no doubt about it. prayers go out to his family.

Dusty Times
12-10-2005, 10:59 PM
The guy was funny no matter what he did!
He will be missed

Shark In The Pond
12-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Watching Fox news last night and they said that it was a suicide attempt when that happened but I liked it when Pryor himself came out to speak on what really happened that night ..... " I was at home and got a glass of milk and some cookies and when I went to dip the cookie in the milk I did not know I had the wrong kind of milk ( homo ) and the damn thing blew up in my face " RIP Richard