PDA

View Full Version : (Verizon) Moto-Razor...?

HammerDown
12-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Any owners...feedback?

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 08:23 AM
They don't start shipping until today or Monday. Online sales only to start.

phebus
12-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I have a friend that has a Cingular Razor, and has nothing but problems with it. I really like how thin it is, as when I carry my cell phone, I just carry it in my pocket. So, I went to the Verizon store to look at them, and the sales person I talked to said that Verizon was slower bringing them to market than some of the other cell companies, as they were waiting for some of the bugs to be worked out.
Bottom line is that I am going tomorrow and getting one. Verizon has a policy that if you don't like the phone you buy, you can exchange it for another within 15 days.
I guess we'll see............

phebus
12-11-2005, 08:28 AM
They don't start shipping until today or Monday. Online sales only to start.
That was the stated shipping time, but the Verizon store near me got them in a couple of days ago, and has them in stock.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Shit I guess they are getting their act together, they weren't even sure if Motorola was going to make it's shipping commitments before xmas.
The R&D testers I have talk to said the phone is like night and day verses other networks.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 08:40 AM
How much was the in store price?

phebus
12-11-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm ready for the 2 year phone upgrade from Verizon, so I think my price was $199. Not cheap for an upgrade, but the phone seems very functional.
I hope it's reception is good. I know that all the phones are regulated for power, but right now my wife and I have LG phones, and my daughter has a Samsung phone. My daughter can get reception with almost full bars on her phone, in areas that we get no service with our LG phones.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Yep, I found that out myself when I use to test for them, the Motorola phones were the shit. Then they switch there network equipment to Nortel switching equipment Motorola phones have not been the same.
Out of all of the phones I have tested Samsung is the best on overall reception & coverage.

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2005, 09:03 AM
It's about time. Now I can finally retire the old Star-tac... :D
A couple hundy for a new phone isn't bad, and I'm not gonig to switch providers, so the two year commitment is no biggy either.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't know why I want of one these thing, the price will drop in half by summer.

UltraLucky
12-11-2005, 09:13 AM
We just got one for my wife. The phone arrived via FedEx Friday, $99.99 with 2yr. contract renewal. Review ratings were much higher for verizon Moto vs. Cing/AT&T. She is happy so far.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Walmart has been selling them for $79.00 w 2year sub on Cingular.

Riverkid
12-11-2005, 10:11 AM
That's one fragile phone. Anybody that drops one occasionally needs to look elsewhere.
Oh, and that Star-Tac? One of the best ever! Even with NT BTS's and Switchgear, the Motos still have the best performance overall.

LBZROCKS
12-11-2005, 10:16 AM
RAZRs are not covered by handset insurace as well.. Dont know the specifics..but check with verizon.. Tmobile and Cingular will not offer handset insurance on those phones.. otherwise the phone is awesome.. I have an unlocked one for sale for $100.. if anyone wants it..

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:17 AM
That's one fragile phone. Anybody that drops one occasionally needs to look elsewhere.
Oh, and that Star-Tac? One of the best ever! Even with NT BTS's and Switchgear, the Motos still have the best performance overall.
You are obviously not one of the west coast product testers for erizon, because that is not what I have heard from them.

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2005, 10:18 AM
If I could buy another new Star-Tac I would. Mine is getting finicky in it's old age (it's nearly 4 years old). I'm on my fourth battery, and the plug for the power adapter is getting to the point I have to spend 5 minutes messing with it to get the phone to take a charge.

Riverkid
12-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I just build their sites. Many friends in RF engineering. They recommend Moto. That's what we run and they work much better than the LG's and some of the other handests we had purchased...

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:23 AM
The Duel Mode Star-Tac was the last Motorola phone that was a worth a dam.

Riverkid
12-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Glad you have a phone you like. I know what every VzW manager or NetOps local carries, tho', and it's a Moto.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:30 AM
I just build their sites. Many friends in RF engineering. They recommend Moto. That's what we run and they work much better than the LG's and some of the other handests we had purchased...
I know the only 2 guys for the SoCal region that test all phones before and after they come into market. Stop listening to the those RF guys.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Glad you have a phone you like. I know what every VzW manager or NetOps local carries, tho', and it's a Moto.
And no I don't have a phone I like, I want my tri-mode Star-Tac back, and for it to work like the old Dual modes did. Rock Solid.
As for vzw network managers most are using blackberrys.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:40 AM
RK Are you Nortel or VZW?

KACHINA KEN
12-11-2005, 10:47 AM
It's about time. Now I can finally retire the old Star-tac... :D
A couple hundy for a new phone isn't bad, and I'm not gonig to switch providers, so the two year commitment is no biggy either.
my star tac was the best phone I ever had. wish I still had it

Riverkid
12-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Neither. We are a private contractor company, doing installs and upgrades for NCD and Mod... We also provide 24/7 demand maint response, etc.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:53 AM
my star tac was the best phone I ever had. wish I still had it
I still have a brand new one, they will not acticvate it because it's not GPS capable. All carriers are getting pressure from the feds to comply with E911 rules.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Neither. We are a private contractor company, doing installs and upgrades for NCD and Mod... We also provide 24/7 demand maint response, etc.
Hey glad to have you. After you finish, and turn over to the Cell techs someone as to turn it up and make it live.

Riverkid
12-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Exactly. NT and VzW show up to commish, and viola'...

Havasu_Dreamin
12-11-2005, 11:16 AM
I know that all the phones are regulated for power, but right now my wife and I have LG phones, and my daughter has a Samsung phone. My daughter can get reception with almost full bars on her phone, in areas that we get no service with our LG phones.
I had the same problem with my LG phone. Took it to a company store, told them the deal and they gave me a 'new', albeit refurbished phone and the reception has been much better. Fortunately my plan is up in July so hopefully the Razor has all of the bugs worked out by then.
Interesting story about Verizon coverage. My dad and I were sitting in the Hickory Pit at the Edgewater in Laughlin for dinner back in November. Both of us have Verizon. My phone was picking up the AZ tower and his was picking up the Nevada tower. We knew this given my phone was on AZ time whereas his was on NV time.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Your forgetting one very important part someone has to couple it in the BSSM.

H20 Toie
12-11-2005, 01:49 PM
So are they good or not? i have Nextel and have had it for years but it seems that Verizon has better coverage. i don't need a phone that takes pictures plays video games can give me directions, i just want one that i can talk and hear with.

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I had the same problem with my LG phone. Took it to a company store, told them the deal and they gave me a 'new', albeit refurbished phone and the reception has been much better. Fortunately my plan is up in July so hopefully the Razor has all of the bugs worked out by then.
Interesting story about Verizon coverage. My dad and I were sitting in the Hickory Pit at the Edgewater in Laughlin for dinner back in November. Both of us have Verizon. My phone was picking up the AZ tower and his was picking up the Nevada tower. We knew this given my phone was on AZ time whereas his was on NV time.
Verizon does not have any towers on the AZ side of the river as of yet, most likely it was the settings in the phones.
Plus the carriers on the AZ side will turn there power levels way up to over power the Verizon system. Big roaming dollars

KLEPTOW
12-11-2005, 02:00 PM
So are they good or not? i have Nextel and have had it for years but it seems that Verizon has better coverage. i don't need a phone that takes pictures plays video games can give me directions, i just want one that i can talk and hear with.
Look at the Samsung products if you just want good reception.

HammerDown
12-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Seems the general consensus appears this Verizon Razor ain't all that. :rolleyes: Also what I'm reading over on Phone Scoop .com

VEGASBABY
12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I have one and hate it. Save your money!

BajaMike
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Just got the new Sprint Samsung "Blade"....
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Assets/ueContent/phones/whoa-phoneDetailsSPHA900ZKS.gif
Way better then the Moto Razer...very similar in size, but way more features.... :idea:
:rollside:

Sleek-Jet
12-12-2005, 05:04 AM
I have one and hate it. Save your money!
Verizon or Cingular??