PDA

View Full Version : CO Warning Stickers

Dribble
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
I got my CO warning stickers with my boat registration renewal. I guess we're required by law to affix one inside the boat in view of the driver and the other on the back of transom. I see two advantages to this:
(1) They're going to look great next to my powder coated Eddie Marine Hardware.
(2) Now I don't have to worry about someone dying from CO poisoning in my boat because before I got the stickers I was too f#&*ing stupid to know that breathing in carbon monoxide directly from behind an exhaust pipe can kill you.
So after thirty plus years of pleasure boating without an incident of any kind, I can now thank all of the idiots who killed people by teak surfing etc. Also, special thanks the idiot government for overreacting to those idiots and their idiotic behavior.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Glad my boat is registered in AZ.

Hardly Satisfied
12-11-2005, 11:22 AM
that sucks

Wet Dream
12-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Thank you California! Another bullfu(kingsh!t requirement comes out because of a bunch of azzholes are too f'ing stupid. So now enough of the Californians cry about it now you get a little sticker. I'm willing to bet CA is the first, if not only state so do this at the level to send stickers with a registration. Newer boats probably have the warning on the boat near the swimstep and helm. Thanks CA. I'm not blaming the CA HB'ers, its the f a g s with towers and swimsteps. Gotta wonder though, is it requirement if you don't have a swimstep?

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Assembly Bill 2222 (Koretz) requires that a set of carbon monoxide warning stickers be placed on the transom and helm of all new and used motorized vessels sold in California beginning May 1, 2005.
As long as you don't sell your boat, they aren't required. :skull:

H20 Toie
12-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Just like the warnings on quads, my daughters Raptor 80 says for operators 12 and over she has had it since she was 6 and will out grow it by 10

Dribble
12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
As long as you don't sell your boat, they aren't required. :skull:
The notice on the back of both decals states that the owner must place one on the exterior of the transom and one in a location that is visible to the boat operator. It doesn't say anything about if you sell the boat.

Oldsquirt
12-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Dribble, read what Sleek-jet quoted above. That is straight from the state website in regards to the stickers.

Dribble
12-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I read a summary of the bill and it would appear that you are correct, however this is what it says on the sticker. I'm wondering if the Dept of Boating and Waterways didn't adopt a regulation bases on the new statute???
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DSC_0001a.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DSC_0002a.JPG

Dribble
12-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's the actual text from the bill. I stilll think it's required.
(e) This section shall become operative on May 1, 2005.
684. (a) The Department of Motor Vehicles shall insert the
Department of Boating and Waterways' informational brochure and
warning stickers about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and
boats into the registration renewal materials mailed by the
Department of Motor Vehicles to vessel owners for two consecutive
two-year registration cycles and, thereafter, upon the recommendation
of the Director of Boating and Waterways. These materials shall
instruct vessel owners to place the two stickers in the motorized
vessel so that the smaller sticker is visible to the person operating
the motorized vessel and the larger sticker is facing out on the
exterior of the stern or transom of the motorized vessel, unless the
motorized vessel is inflatable and the sticker would not adhere to
the surface of the stern.

mickeyfinn
12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
May be a technicality, but the law says they have to send you the sticker and tell you to put it on. Doesn't say you have to do it and doesn't state any penalty for failing to do so. Probably does put you more at risk from a liability standpoint if you are taking idiots to the lake and they get CO poison.......