PDA

View Full Version : migrant protest backfire?

riverroyal
05-15-2006, 06:32 PM
they wanted attention,they got it.Troops in my home town SAN DIEGO,I cant wait.Makes me feel better about watching them all protesting,kinda backfired I think

SummitKarl
05-15-2006, 06:56 PM
they wanted attention,they got it.Troops in my home town SAN DIEGO,I cant wait.Makes me feel better about watching them all protesting,kinda backfired I think
it seems to have backfired a bit here in Havasu as well.
two restaurants closed down the day of the march in support of the protest.
those are Bobs Big Boy and Casa Seranos.
there was a car show at BBB last weekend and many chose to boycott this event as show with normally 150+ cars only saw 41 by my count, of those of us that showed up only a couple of people patronized the restaurant.
many of the locals in town all say, they have no intention of going to either restaurant again..
not such a good idea on the restaurants part in a town filled with retired conservatives :rolleyes:

phebus
05-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Did the restaurants close voluntarily, or were they forced to close due to lack of workers?

jus a baker
05-15-2006, 07:05 PM
I have 4 Mexican guys working with me, and they ALL showed up, andthought all of that protest stuff was B.S. They said "we are americans, so F@#K them." :)

SummitKarl
05-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Did the restaurants close voluntarily, or were they forced to close due to lack of workers?
BBB was Voluntary
I don't know about Casa Seranos, but lets face it, just exactly where were they going to go protest in Havasu :rollside:

Mandelon
05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't know of any long lasting issues. All my guys showed up. We called it the dia de los flojos..... But there was less traffic around town, that's for sure. I had a friend go to the hospital and there was no 5 hour wait in the ER like normal....

SummitKarl
05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't know of any long lasting issues. All my guys showed up. We called it the dia de los flojos..... But there was less traffic around town, that's for sure. I had a friend go to the hospital and there was no 5 hour wait in the ER like normal....
so with the new sig line do I get in trouble for quoting you :rollside:

Wake Havasu
05-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes back fired HUGE!
Waving the Mexican flag while caliming the American dream did wake many here in the US up.
Military will be used to secure our border.
There will even be a call next year for US Citizens boycott Mexican Restaurants regardless of ownership.

Chubby4Life
05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
BBB was Voluntary
I don't know about Casa Seranos, but lets face it, just exactly where were they going to go protest in Havasu :rollside:
Damn, that sucks! I decided that any establishment that was closed for this boycot, I would no longer give them my business. Casa Serrano/El Polacio are the shiznit! Oh well, there are plenty of other places to eat.

riverroyal
05-15-2006, 07:40 PM
been back to taco bell.Our job sight was at 20%,everyone that was left was supervision.

Mardonzi
05-16-2006, 06:25 AM
We had everyone show up. We put the word out that the project would be manned or crews would be replaced. Worked pretty well for us.

Seadog
05-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I heard from my folks that INS raided a house down the street from them and the Tahoe boat factory. Apparently they hauled off quite a few illegals.

Ziggy
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
The protest has opened many eyes in America, :boxed:

Danhercules
05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
There will even be a call next year for US Citizens boycott Mexican Restaurants regardless of ownership.
I dont agree with that. There is a local Mexican restaurant here in Norco, the owner is r from Mexico, pays taxes, lives down the street, owns a house, Married a white girl. He is an American, with Mexican haritage. I will never boycot his place. Damn good food too!!

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Yes back fired HUGE!
Waving the Mexican flag while caliming the American dream did wake many here in the US up.
Military will be used to secure our border.
That right there is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. So being that mexican food is my favorite food.. and I eat it almost daily, where the hell am I suppose to get my cheese enchiladas?
RD

Jyruiz
05-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I think it backfire, now all these illegals have been noticed and are on peoples radar. You can't go trying to demand and hold a country hostage with out any ramification, specially when you are not even suppose to be here in the first place.

superdave013
05-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Damn, that sucks! I decided that any establishment that was closed for this boycot, I would no longer give them my business.
OK, just so you know. The Best Buy in my area was closed that day.

superdave013
05-16-2006, 09:25 AM
That right there is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. So being that mexican food is my favorite food.. and I eat it almost daily, where the hell am I suppose to get my cheese enchiladas?
RD
ever try that thing in your kitchen with the knobs on it? :p

h2oski2fast
05-16-2006, 09:57 AM
RD
Thus your mexican accent, huhh?

Her454
05-16-2006, 10:06 AM
El Torero was closed also. Very popular mexican restaurant here on Mullet Mountain - and they just lost ALOT of serious boating/bar business..............
Its too bad, I really like the Margarita's. :)

Jordy
05-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Its too bad, I really like the Margarita's. :)
You're in luck because I just got a new margarita machine (Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Machine) and the spa should be here on Friday. When do you want me to pick you up at the airport??? :D :D :D

Chubby4Life
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
OK, just so you know. The Best Buy in my area was closed that day.
And I won't shop there either, because I can't afford magazine subcription trickery that they pull at the checkout! :D :D

GHT
05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
it seems to have backfired a bit here in Havasu as well.
two restaurants closed down the day of the march in support of the protest.
those are Bobs Big Boy and Casa Seranos.
there was a car show at BBB last weekend and many chose to boycott this event as show with normally 150+ cars only saw 41 by my count, of those of us that showed up only a couple of people patronized the restaurant.
many of the locals in town all say, they have no intention of going to either restaurant again..
not such a good idea on the restaurants part in a town filled with retired conservatives :rolleyes:
Did BBB shut down to support the protest? or shut down because they didn't have any employees to work?

GHT
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
BBB was Voluntary
Ooops... Didn't see the response already posted. In this case I would have your car shows at another (more American Friendly) location and then all the illegals they want to support will be able to spend / support BBB with all their money. Just my .02

Her454
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
You're in luck because I just got a new margarita machine (Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Machine) and the spa should be here on Friday. When do you want me to pick you up at the airport??? :D :D :D
You can pick both Carlene and I up on Friday. :rollside:

ScapeGoat
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
All my servers showed up, I told themif they take a PTO( paid time off) on May 1st then an OOW(out of work) on May 2nd. Only one tried to take her daughter to the clinic claiming she was sick, so she could come back with a doctors note. But this back fired cause this little hole in the wall clinic was closed due to the protest. Pissed her off as it backfired on her when she was in need. My boss and I are keeping the few who raise attention on our radar. Not good for them.