PDA

View Full Version : FTA recievers (FREE TO AIR)

FLEA DIDDY
12-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Anybody around here useing one? Do you like it? I'm gonna order mine this week. woot woot that's gonna save me 2 bills a month.

goeasy8
12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
friends hve them, thinking about getting one after christmas

BajaMike
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Anybody around here useing one? Do you like it? I'm gonna order mine this week. woot woot that's gonna save me 2 bills a month.
What is it??

FLEA DIDDY
12-12-2005, 06:03 AM
What is it??Damn man where you been! Say good buy to paying for cable and sat. Free to air recievers grab the signal from the sat. There are numorous companys that don't use encoded signals, and it's legal to grab those signals and watch them. That's what you need an FTA for, you can get about a 1000 channels from all over the world, USA included. Say hello to any pay per view for free, more PrOn channels than you can believe, movie channels, everything.
Do a search and check it out. You can get recievers starting at about 170.00 and if you already have a directtv or dish network sat dish you ready.

Kachina26
12-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Sounds like a pain in the ass to me............... article (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=312780)
Especially with my wife and son being technically challenged. Could make an interesting hobby though.

KLEPTOW
12-12-2005, 07:01 AM
This is one of the least costly way to start off VisionPlus card
added to your pc, also there is ton of software out there that will allow you to get some of the pay channels with out having to subcribe to there service, I know none of us here would ever do that.

DAB
12-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Using Pansat 3500S, just picked up the card and reader... piece of cake to program. My dad has 3 of them....

DAB
12-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Sounds like a pain in the ass to me............... article (http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=312780)
Especially with my wife and son being technically challenged. Could make an interesting hobby though.
I just read the article, a little outdated ('04) the new receivers are almost a plug and play requiring only the initial program to start.. most these days come with a "blind" scan that will pick up all available channels.. the remote is as simple as any remote to use...