PDA

View Full Version : NEW Anchor From Dana Marine Products

Dana Marine Products
12-12-2005, 09:04 AM
NEW Jaws The Anchor - A simple and rugged folding design that was engineered for safe and easy handling. DMP Jaws Anchors lock in the open and closed position. They are specifically designed to help prevent hand injuries. This anchor will bite in even the most difficult bottom conditions. The high strength construction will insure a good set and the ability to retrieve the anchor when necessary. Available in powdercoated steel and stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance. Anchors include a draw string storage bag that fit the anchor only.
JAW 100 - Stainless $239.95
JAW 101 - Coated Steel $159.95
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2484JAW-100-1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2484JAW-Anchors-1.jpg
Patent Pending
www.danamarineproducts.com

Jyruiz
12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
How heavy is this anchor, I mean is it just as heavy as the box Anchor? And I see you only have one size, so up to what size boat will this anchor work on and are they going to make any galvanized?

wanna B V
12-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Looks like it could do a better job holding your boat than the box anchor. Do you know the cost?

a catered life
12-12-2005, 09:21 AM
dam i just mastered throwing my box anchor and now this :cry:

Hardly Satisfied
12-12-2005, 09:36 AM
nice looking anchor. looks like it will work good

Dana Marine Products
12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
It weighs 19 LBS. We've successfully used this anchor up to a 33 Formula which weighs roughly 10,000 lbs. We've looked at galvy coatings, and I wasn't impressed with the result. The key to this anchor was to have something that is safe to handle and easy to use. With the anchor locked in the closed position, it's a cinch to handle. It's a great piece. Our market testing included ten avid boaters that have used several different types of anchors over the years, and they all loved them.

RiverToysJas
12-12-2005, 10:18 AM
$240 for stainless.....is that polished stainless??? I'm all about the bling when it comes to my anchor!
Will there be a smaller size for say, 19-25' boats?
RTJas :D

Dana Marine Products
12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
No, it's not polished. We made a stainless version to offer the offshore guys a bullet proof anchor. The anchor isn't that big, that's what's nice about it, one size fits most. We have a product video on this anchor, I'm currently trying to figure out how to upload it for you guys.

Krumbsnatcher
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I was about to make a light weight billet one becuase of the weight, now i can put the project on the shelf.

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Here's the product video we did on the new anchor,
http://danamarineproducts.com/videos/AnchorWEB.wmv

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Also forgot to mention, we're offereing free shipping and no sales tax on this product for the month of December.

uvindex
12-13-2005, 07:57 AM
We've successfully used this anchor up to a 33 Formula which weighs roughly 10,000 lbs. It does look like a nice anchor. Umm, the statement above doesn't really mean anything without knowing about the wind and current conditions. (If there's no wind and no current, a 10,000-lb boat will stay in one spot WITHOUT an anchor. :))

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 08:17 AM
That particular boat was using the anchor for 3 months on Havasu, most of the testing was done up in the river near the sandbar. That Formula saw a very wide variety of wind and water conditions. One of the other significant test boats was my personal boat, a 27 foot Reneill fly bridge boat that only goes in the ocean. Frequent testing is performed at some of the more popular spots including Huntington Flats, Dana Point, and Catalina. Anyone who has sat out at Farnsworth Bank on the back side of Catalina will verify, you couldn't have much more of a rigorous testing ground. When the boat is sitting still, the current is so damn fast it's leaving a wake off the back of the boat. I won't even mention the wind or water conditions back there.

uvindex
12-13-2005, 08:19 AM
That particular boat was using the anchor for 3 months on Havasu, most of the testing was done in the up in the river near the sandbar. That Formula saw a very wide variety of wind and water conditions. One of the other significant test boats was my personal boat, a 27 foot Reneill fly bridge boat that only goes in the ocean. Frequent testing is performed at some of the more popular spots including Huntington Flats, Dana Point, and Catalina. Anyone who has sat out at Farnsworth Bank on the back side of Catalina will verify, you couldn't have much more of a rigorous testing ground. When the boat is sitting still, the current is so damn fast it's leaving a wake off the back of the boat. I won't even mention the wind or water conditions back there.
That helps a lot. Thanks! :)

cxr133
12-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Also forgot to mention, we're offereing free shipping and no sales tax on this product for the month of December.
What about the optional storage bag??
and 100 feet of line??

Magic34
12-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I was about to make a light weight billet one becuase of the weight, now i can put the project on the shelf.
I still think your nuts :D

Magic34
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Dana Marine.....
You need to test that thing on Lake Pleasant here in Phoenix. More exact... Humbug Cove.
That place eats anchors daily and if you have someone test it that uses the lake a few times a month and still has it after 3-4 months, then it's a damn great anchor.
Not looking for a freebie, I'm not out there enough to test it.

riverracerx
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I think you might need two of them Michael. Your boat is more like a houseboat it is so huge!

rivercrazy
12-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Sure looks similar to the box anchor

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Our anchor has benefits and features no other anchor on the market has. Alot of anchors work good in the water, but that's not all we were concerned with. We've assembled a piece that works good in h2o and out, it's nice to have an anchor my kids and wife can handle. That was the premis we started with and here's the result.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 10:17 AM
laser cut DCB in them,anodize them gold,you could get 1000$ for them

Jyruiz
12-13-2005, 10:58 AM
That anchor looks like it will work, I would just be afraid of the anchor puncturing a hole in the upholstery if somebody dropped it by mistake.

Magic34
12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
laser cut DCB in them,anodize them gold,you could get 1000$ for them
Hey hey hey.... That's my market. STAY OUT!!!!! :argue: :)

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey hey hey.... That's my market. STAY OUT!!!!! :argue: :)
i want a Magic receiver insert,got any?

superdave013
12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
how would you like to have your brotherinlaw drag that sucker up the side of your boat? lol
Cool anchor though. Love the way it folds up. I can't wait to see RD's version. LMAO (j/K guys) :D

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Well it will be interesting to see anyones version since it has a patent pending, and a full utility patent in the works. My patent attorney has sharp teeth and a choke collar.

superdave013
12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
box anchors are a square and yours are a triangle. Maybe the next version will be round and close like a big bear trap. lol

Red Eye
12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
dam i just mastered throwing my box anchor and now this :cry:
How do you master that? It's like throwing a car out in the water and not to mention it's a pain trying to pull that thing up from about 75' to 100' down. I must be weak.

Jyruiz
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I also think the bag should be included, like the box anchors.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
box anchors are a square and yours are a triangle. Maybe the next version will be round and close like a big bear trap. lol
I wonder,,,,,,,,

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Well it will be interesting to see anyones version since it has a patent pending, and a full utility patent in the works. My patent attorney has sharp teeth and a choke collar.
expert,but if its a different shape,or if the teeth arent in the same location then it would be considered not the same.Or what if it folds different?Box anchors arent rocket science,100s of designs can be done

superdave013
12-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I wonder,,,,,,,,
don't splash my bear trap idea you focker!! ;) :D
DMP, you know I'm just funnin right?

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 01:18 PM
No B.S. The original version we did was six sided. The bear trap look is exactly why we didn't proceed with that design. I still have my original one. Six sides simply don't fold up easily like a triangle. A utility patent will protect the anchor pretty much any way you want to describe it. In my list of claims on this particular product I have several features listed that are now protected. I can probably make you a bear trap Superdave, just be careful.
I can't speak for Slide Anchor, but if he does have a utility patent on the Box Anchor you couldn't do one different design. It's quite simple, if you produce an anchor with four sides, he can chase you down.
A utiltity patent will protect a product for it's design features as well as it's function. Conventional patents don't do this. Conventional patents are about half the price as a utility, but are pretty much pointless with manufactured products due to the fact that 30 percent changes gets people off the hook. Utility patents are alot more full proof.
A bag is included with ours. It's a nice heavy canvas bag with a draw string. If you want the super deluxe bag with rope storage and nice carrying handles, that bag is seperate.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
No B.S. The original version we did was six sided. The bear trap look is exactly why we didn't proceed with that design. I still have my original one. Six sides simply don't fold up easily like a triangle. A utility patent will protect the anchor pretty much any way you want to describe it. In my list of claims on this particular product I have several features listed that are now protected. I can probably make you a bear trap Superdave, just be careful.
I can't speak for Slide Anchor, but if he does have a utility patent on the Box Anchor you couldn't do one different design. It's quite simple, if you produce an anchor with four sides, he can chase you down.
A utiltity patent will protect a product for it's design features as well as it's function. Conventional patents don't do this. Conventional patents are about half the price as a utility, but are pretty much pointless with manufactured products due to the fact that 30 percent changes gets people off the hook. Utility patents are alot more full proof.
A bag is included with ours. It's a nice heavy canvas bag with a draw string. If you want the super deluxe bag with rope storage and nice carrying handles, that bag is seperate.
patent cost???Im not in the anchor building business,just curious.

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I'd rather not disclose that info. It's not relative to a specific product. You can contact any patent attorney and ask how much it is to get a utility patent. Make sure you're sittting down.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I'd rather not disclose that info. It's not relative to a specific product. You can contact any patent attorney and ask how much it is to get a utility patent. Make sure you're sittting down.
thats what I thought,gotta sell a bunch of anchors to pay for it.How much lighter is your compared to the slide brand?Did you say already,i may have missed it.The weight is important to me,my wife gets her butt kicked handling ours

Dana Marine Products
12-13-2005, 02:33 PM
19 lbs. is the weight.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 02:36 PM
19 lbs. is the weight.
just for the weight alone,slide box is 25pds.Doesnt seem like much,but with 10pds of mud in it as you pull it up it can be tough for most wifes or kids

riverrunner
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Looks pretty good. I like the idea of a stainless one.

Flying Tiger
12-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Stainless is Da Finest Kine in fresh or salt water.

Jyruiz
12-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Extend it to January so I can get one, December is though with all the X-Mass stuff going on.

Dana Marine Products
12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Ok, anyone who asks for it through January will get the same deal.

JB in so cal
12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
just for the weight alone,slide box is 25pds.Doesnt seem like much,but with 10pds of mud in it as you pull it up it can be tough for most wifes or kids
You may find this hard to believe; I know it took me a while to get used to - but girls can drive, too.

Havasu Cig
12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
It looks like you came up with a better design on the locking mechanism than Box Anchor. That is their one negative. I love my box anchors but always wondered who designed the locking mechanism everytime I am fighting with it. Looks nice!!!

Jyruiz
12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Ok, anyone who asks for it through January will get the same deal.
Cool, you just sold one in January.

Dana Marine Products
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Just some additional info, here's a list of authorized stocking dealers on this product,
Ultra Boats San Diego
Ultra Boats Corona
Cobra Boats - Montclair
Future Marine - Upland
Castiac Boat & Marine - Castiac
Harmon Marine - Anaheim
Lakeland Marine - Elsinore
Dick Sherrer Marine - Norwalk
Anglers Marine - Anaheim
Rodesway Boats - Glendora
Paradise Watersports
Action Boats - Huntington Beach
Action Boats - Corona
Genesis Boats
Lightining Custom Boats - Simi Valley
Ski Nautique - Norco
Dealer inquires welcome.

Dana Marine Products
12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
What did you guys think of the video? I was expecting some sort of feedback.

Jyruiz
12-14-2005, 01:21 PM
The video did it for me, I was going to buy the bigger box anchor till I saw the video. I liked it.

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
You may find this hard to believe; I know it took me a while to get used to - but girls can drive, too.
I will just do it all,everyone relax

phebus
12-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I think the video showed a nice "polished" stainless anchor. It also killed me to see it sitting on the upholstery.
The video was put together very nice.

superdave013
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I will just do it all,everyone relax
hey, relaxing sounds great. Can ya get me a beer too? :p

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
hey, relaxing sounds great. Can ya get me a beer too? :p
when are we going?

Dana Marine Products
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
The pictured anchor was an electrostatically polished stainless steel, at a price of roughly $95.00 to polish, it wasn't a very good option.