PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H1 Owners... Need Info...

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Thinking about selling my 2500HD and buying an H1. Anyone got any good/bad/indifferent experiences from actually owning or driving one of these things???
I am not talking about the armchair nation bitching about them either... I am looking for some good input from owners or riders as to the utility, towing capabililty (it is a 1 1/4 ton truck...) and driveability. The interior looks a little spartan, but I think it would be a blast and a really good image vehicle for the company.
I don't really like the H2, though I realize it is likely far more advanced from a creature comfort perspective. I don't think they make particularly good tow vehicles though.
Whaddya think???

ChumpChange
12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
I know they stopped doing crash tests on them because they ran out of walls. That will be a sweet ride.

welk2party
12-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I won't be much help, but I dig them and think it would be an awesome tow vehicle.

nhbuoy
12-12-2005, 12:23 PM
...and just how small IS your penis...!!??.. :) ...jk wes :cool:

ROZ
12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Damn, Wes.... I figured you had "business" experience with them already :D

bohica
12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
New one's with the Duramax are nice, much better than the old 6.2L in the old ones. Only bad thing is the $150K price tag for a new one.

riverbound
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
We toest drove some of the older ones and I loved it, the interior was definitely "Spartan". And the diesel technolology (at the time) was less than desireable.
Now I have heard that the allison is going to make its way into the H1. That would be the hot ticket.
I do know a couple people that have them and love them.
I say go for it Wes :D

Lightning
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I looked at one last month and was considering an upgrade myself.....they had one that was considerably loaded with a Duramax/Allison that was priced at $165,000 or so. The only thing I did not like about them was the relatively narrow front seats. My shoulder was hitting the B-pillar - I guess I could gangsta' lean to the right and feel just fine. :)
DO IT......

Havasu_Dreamin
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I am not talking about the armchair nation bitching about them either...
That will cut your responses down to ~5. LMAO :D
New one's with the Duramax are nice, much better than the old 6.2L in the old ones. Only bad thing is the $150K price tag for a new one.
$150k!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

HocusPocus
12-12-2005, 01:28 PM
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/hummer/hummer_050602_03.jpg
:crossx: :skull: :crossx:

Freak
12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
I know of a fella with 2. One for himself and one for his wife. Now he say's they need to be maintained more than a normal vehicle. Such as gear hub assemblys and such because they were not designed for daily driving duty. Which I find strange because it's military spec stuff.
But if you look at the schedule it is in there starting at 12k.
HUMMER® Recommended Maintenance Schedule HUMMER® Recommended Maintenance Schedule
3,000 Miles
Change engine oil and replace filter
Check items in maintenance Group A
$220.50
6,000 Miles
Clean or replace air filter(s)
Replace fuel filter (gas)
Replace fuel filter element (diesel)
Check items in Maintenance group A and B
$519.50
9,000 Miles
$220.50
12,000 Miles
Change engine coolant (diesel)
Change transmission fluid
Change transfer case fluid
Change fluid in gear hub assemblies
Check items in Maintenance group A ,B and C
$1,144.25
15,000 Miles
$220.50
18,000 Miles
$519.59
21,000 Miles
$220.50
24,000 Miles
Check items in Maintenance group A , B and C
$1,144.25
27.000 Miles
$220.50
30,000 Miles
Replace spark plugs (gas only)
Inspect spark plug wires
Diesel $519.50
Gas $719.58
33,000 Miles
$220.50
36,000 Miles
Change engine coolant
Check items in Maintenance group A ,B and C
$1,144.25
39,000 Miles
$220.50
42,000 Miles
$519.50
45,000 Miles
$220.50
48,000 Miles
Check items in Maintenance group A , B and C
$1,144.25
51,000 Miles
$220.50
54,000 Miles
$519.50
60,000 Miles
Replace spark plugs (gas only)
Inspect spark plug wires
Inspect fuel tank, fuel cap, fuel lines
Diesel $519.50
Gas $719.58
It is important that maintenance items outlined in the schedules be performed at suggested intervals. Regular maintenance will greatly improve vehicle reliability and longevity. These maintenance schedules reflect services required for normal operation. Normal operation includes city/highway driving on hard surface roads with minimal operation on unpaved road surfaces. Extensive off road driving, commercial use, sustained operation in high ambient temperatures, and trailer towing may require additional and more frequent services. Maintenance should be performed at your HUMMER service center; some maintenance may require specialized knowledge and equipment.
After vehicle mileage reaches 63,000 repeat the schedule, starting at 3,000 miles.

H20 Toie
12-12-2005, 01:48 PM
i had a H2 and loved it but i went on a few rides in the h1 they are not very comfortable for long rides and don't have much power, they have more power now but not any more room inside. i would not want one as a daily driver.

bohica
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Robby Gordon was out in Glamis this weekend testing his new Hummer that he'll be racing in the Dakar Rally starting at the end of the month.

STV_Keith
12-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Don't get a diesel one! The old GM diesel is a slug. We dynoed one for a customer - Banks turbo kit, upgraded pump, etc - 86hp and 162ft-lbs to the wheels. :yuk:
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/h1-dyno.jpg
OTOH, my boss LOVES his H2, even though it's a gas motor. He doesn't tow though.

Jordy
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Don't get a diesel one! The old GM diesel is a slug.
The new ones have Duramaxes and Allisons. Nothing slug about that. ;)
There was a company in So Cal years ago that was pulling the 6.2's and 6.5's out and putting ZZ502HO's in their place. They had a video of one coming around a corner on some track setup in a dirt field, full 4 wheel drift, mud shooting up off all 4 tires and a healthy exhaust rumble. Bad ass, that is, if you like that kind of stuff. :D

HM
12-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I know someone who knows someone who knows Roman that will tell you to stop being a yuppy.
Where is Jay?

MagicMtnDan
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure the H1 is the kind of "image vehicle" you want for your company Wes. Just my opinion but I think you'd do a lot better with something else. I'm sure you've seen the Freightliners and Internationals (commercial trucks) that are outfitted with pickup boxes and creature comforts inside - those would be better. And I'm sure you've seen the stretched Fords (Super Duty 450 or 550 or 650 or whatever they are) - those could be cool too. Otherwise I'd suggest you get the LBZ diesel with Allison tranny and have it stretched and customized.
Any way you go you should have a better driving, riding (not offroad though) and looking vehicle for less (or even the same $165K).
Good luck!

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Damn, Wes.... I figured you had "business" experience with them already :D
A little... ;)
That is why I'm interested frankly. We couldn't stop them. And let me tell you, we tried.
But, there is a big difference between rolling through a terroist-infested ghetto in Mogadishu and a soccer-mom infested Fashion Valley Mall parking garage.
I know what the deal is on them, I just wanted to hear from someone who has owned one so I can get the real skinny. Are they as cool as they look?

HighRoller
12-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Does anyone still stretch trucks out? I saw a dually a while ago that had three doors on each side but haven't found anyone on the net who advertises that kinda thing. I think the shizzle would be a crew cab with an extended cab spliced in behind the back doors. Lotsa leg room for the backseaters.

77charger
12-12-2005, 02:55 PM
I know someone who knows someone who knows Roman that will tell you to stop being a yuppy.
Where is Jay?But an h1 is a true off road vehichle that doest have to worry about snapping tie rods trying to go over a rockThey aint all that comfy but amde to abuse
.H2 is just a rebodied suburban or (yuppie status suburban)that really cant handle real oof road situations but funny to see people that think because it says hummer it is like an h1.LOL
:rollside:

Steve 1
12-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I was going to buy one a 02 H1 yellow open top loaded. But decided on a new Chevy Dually instead the hummer H1’s are cool to drive but snail like in performance unless you get one converted to Dmax Allison (there was a dealer in Sacramento doing them) or buy the new H1 Alpha. Towing BTW check the rating.

H20 Toie
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
But an h1 is a true off road vehichle that doest have to worry about snapping tie rods trying to go over a rockThey aint all that comfy but amde to abuse
.H2 is just a rebodied suburban or (yuppie status suburban)that really cant handle real oof road situations but funny to see people that think because it says hummer it is like an h1.LOL
Bull i did a lot of wheeling with the H2 and it is nothing like a Suburban (except it has the same engine) it even climbs better than my 90 Blazer did and with more comfort :)

2Driver
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I had a H1 for a while and had a lot of good times with it. After a 6 jeeps, 3 land cruisers and countless 4x4 trucks the H1 was in contrast a lot of fun as a 3rd car. We off road-ed it pretty hard and my wife would commute to work in it on Friday's. It was the 4 door "open top, CTIS, run flats and all the power goodies including a $10K stereo that would lift the soft top off.
Here is why I wouldn't use it as a driver
or a tow truck and why I would only use it as a recreation extra vehicle.
It's strong points in the military are it's achillies heal in regular life.
1. There is too much about the truck that the regular repair shop can't fix and that includes the tires, especially if you have run-flats. Sure if you are in a war the truck is great. Drive it with all 4 tires flat in 4' of water and get back to base camp alive. Then all you do is turn the Hummer in and get a new one on Uncle Sam. But, in real life the truck is not dependable and that causes a lot of grief when you start experiencing problems even with something as simple as a flat, let alone a drive train problem.
2. They are not good at higher speeds and I mean 65 MPH is shaky and you have to have the hammer down. They look smooth on the highway but it is a mess inside.
3. You will need to hang a spare off the back or on the roof and changing a tire is no fun. If you have run-flats at tire replacement time that is a whole another story.
4. The truck is just too noisy and hard to cool down. Even though they have improved on sound proofing and the a/c's you are still driving a "machine" and you will be reminded of it.
5. Mine was under warranty bumper to bumper. That was well and good but I was always back at the dealer getting something fixed and it was usually the civilian stuff like, A/C, Power door locks, little stuff. All the same drivers had the same story I did.
6. Brakes run about $1500 a set and will go in about 10K miles. Tires will go in about 15K.
Sum it up and it was fun to have around as a spare truck but not much more than that. Dependability and special needs for service and parts really kill it as a driver or tow vehicle. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Cole Trickle
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
But an h1 is a true off road vehichle that doest have to worry about snapping tie rods trying to go over a rockThey aint all that comfy but amde to abuse
Our family purchased our H2 back in July of 2003 and have put 30K hard hard miles on it.
It is by no means a H1 wen it comes to overall off road ability but calling it a glorified Tahoe or Suburban always cracks me up.
I have climbed many a sand dunes in the truck and have pictures were I towed my uncles sand rail home over quite a few big dunes.
It will do rocks,logs and climb just about anything you put in front of it.
In my opinion it's only down side when offroading is it's size and weight.We have quite alot of scratches from going down jeep trails not designed for a wide vehicle.Power wise it is great until you hit a real steep dune or hill where you can't get a running start.
It is not a long travel jeep but it is comfortable and tows our boat with little problems.
We enjoy beatng the heck out of it.:) :p and will buy another one the first day they put a deisel in it.

HYPNAUTIC
12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I dont have an H1 and dont want a H2. IMO this is the truck that carries an image.
Monster truck goes to market
By James R. Healey, USA TODAY
International, the heavy-truck company, thinks buyers are pining for even bigger trucks than today's hefty sport-utility vehicles and full-size pickups, and this week it begins marketing the world's largest production pickup.
International's CXT can tow 20 tons.
Called CXT, for commercial extreme truck, it dwarfs the beefy Hummer H2 sport-utility pickup and even could call the hulking H1 military version "junior."
The CXT is 2 feet taller, 4½ feet longer, twice as heavy and totes more than five times the cargo weight of H2. "You can put the Hummer in back and take it with you," quips Nick Matich, vice president at International Truck and Engine.
It's also about twice the price of H2, about the same as H1. It starts at $93,000, runs $105,000 typically equipped and tops out at $115,000 with DVD player, leather upholstery, tilting dump box and rear-view camera.
Matich is planning only a few dozen — perhaps 60 — this year, but could gear up International's factory at Garland, Texas, to build thousands if CXT becomes the next "in" ride among those who think a Hummer's just not enough.
"People who got all excited about Hummer could be ready to move on to the next big thing," says Dan Gorrell at auto consultant Strategic Vision. "If it's got some style, panache, then there's probably a small market out there for it. It never ceases to amaze me what people want in the 'big' department."
The truck began as a "what-if" concept last year. International dealers quickly asked for production and have bought the first couple of dozen as rolling ads for their truck dealerships. Now International plans to pitch the rigs to consumers, mainly people with businesses who want their vehicles to make a statement. And to folks who just want more.
"You think about the people who haul big horse trailers, big boats, all that sort of thing. They have big egos, and you can see where that goes," Matich says. "I'll have a camouflage version next year. Hunting and fishing lodges should snap that up."
Matich says two CXTs will be at the Emmy awards pre-party next weekend. He figures the outrageous truck is as much image-enhancer for International as for-profit product.
Development was relatively cheap because the expensive hardware already is in production, used for International dump trucks, snow plows, concrete mixers and the like. The pickup box is a modified Ford unit. CXT has a commercial-duty diesel engine good for six to 10 miles per gallon of fuel; air brakes like you'd find on a semitractor; an Allison automatic transmission for severe duty; and all-wheel drive is standard.

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure the H1 is the kind of "image vehicle" you want for your company Wes. Just my opinion but I think you'd do a lot better with something else. I'm sure you've seen the Freightliners and Internationals (commercial trucks) that are outfitted with pickup boxes and creature comforts inside - those would be better. And I'm sure you've seen the stretched Fords (Super Duty 450 or 550 or 650 or whatever they are) - those could be cool too. Otherwise I'd suggest you get the LBZ diesel with Allison tranny and have it stretched and customized.
Any way you go you should have a better driving, riding (not offroad though) and looking vehicle for less (or even the same $165K).
Good luck!
Good point, except I don't want to give anyone the impression that it would take one of those 6500's or Freightliners to tow it. We are also looking at the new Dodge Nitro. Keep in mind that on the trailer the boat weighs less than 6,000 pounds with fuel, so I have a huge lattitude when it comes to tow vehicle selection.
I loved driving those things, a little nostalgic I guess. I want a helicopter too if it makes anyone feel better... ;)

2Driver
12-12-2005, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=77charger]But an h1 is a true off road vehichle that doest have to worry about snapping tie rods trying to go over a rockThey aint all that comfy but amde to abuse QUOTE]
Actually they can break pretty easy the 4, 1/2 shafts at each wheel go like a pencil if you drop a tire down while it's spinning. If a civilian version be sure to have th A/C off if you go in water of 20" as the cooling fan will become a hand grenade.... You need a small tax base to keep them running, private mechanic or full time hand to run it back and forth to the dealer for you. :rollside:

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=77charger]But an h1 is a true off road vehichle that doest have to worry about snapping tie rods trying to go over a rockThey aint all that comfy but amde to abuse QUOTE]
Actually they can break pretty easy the 4, 1/2 shafts at each wheel go like a pencil if you drop a tire down while it's spinning. If a civilian version be sure to have th A/C off if you go in water of 20" as the cooling fan will become a hand grenade.... You need a small tax base to keep them running, private mechanic or full time hand to run it back and forth to the dealer for you. :rollside:
Well, this pretty much settles it then...
So, the search continues. Too bad, I thought that truck was pretty cool.
Now, I need a ride in an H2. They have some modified for SEAL transportation right now that seem pretty able. Allegedly, it will follow the H1 anywhere it can go. Sounds formidable...

rivercrazy
12-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Actually you might consider towing it with a mid size truck with a 6 banger. That way you can add some depth to marketing the boat's light weight. It would look pretty badass behind one of the new Toyota Tacoma's IMHO

riverbound
12-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, this pretty much settles it then...
So, the search continues. Too bad, I thought that truck was pretty cool.
Now, I need a ride in an H2. They have some modified for SEAL transportation right now that seem pretty able. Allegedly, it will follow the H1 anywhere it can go. Sounds formidable...
I have towed quite a bit with my mom's H2 and I would NEVER want one as a tow vheicle. They SUCK as a tow vehicle. I dont even like driving it. I think there are better options out there.

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Actually you might consider towing it with a mid size truck with a 6 banger. That way you can add some depth to marketing the boat's light weight. It would look pretty badass behind one of the new Toyota Tacoma's IMHO
Interesting point... Like one of those TRD deals???

rivercrazy
12-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Without the decals of course! The new ones have a 6,500 pound tow rating behind a pretty stout V6 and a 5 speed auto. 4.0L V6 with 236HP and 266 lb feet of torque. It was rated #1 in Trailer Boats magazine mid sized truck towing tests. And that was against a Dodge Dakota with a V8.
What's you boat weight on the trailer?

sigepmock
12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Add the TRD supercharger and you'd be set......unless you have to stop in a hurry..... :skull:
I think the newer H1 Alpha's with the Dmax and Alison have come a long way since the original civi H1's of a few years back. We've got a good friend with one and he loves it. Granted it's not his daily driver but he tows with it for the River and Glamis and hasn't had an issue yet. It's only a few months old but he says he never would have bought the older versions but this one he loves.
Just what I've been told,
Chris

canuck1
12-12-2005, 05:21 PM
My vote is for a late 50's early 60's Caddy convertable....one party barge hauling another :rollside:

riverracerx
12-12-2005, 10:14 PM
There is a 2001 H1 w/ 65K miles next to me for 37K.
As for the H2, anyone who says they are lousy offroad needs to quit reading the liberal reports on them. Yes, it is no long travel Jeep, but it is by far the best off road machine stock off the dealer floor, and it has the creature comforts of an Escalade.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/7661043241/inlineimg/Y/Picture_032_(Medium).jpg http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/1781063241/inlineimg/Y/PA110037_(Small).JPG http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/3101073241/inlineimg/Y/PA110043_(Small).JPG http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/6211054241/inlineimg/Y/Picture_020_(Medium).jpg http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/3411054241/inlineimg/Y/Picture_043_(Medium).jpg http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/7781054241/inlineimg/Y/DSCF5434_(Small).JPG http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/7031095241/inlineimg/Y/gold_dennis_crack.JPG
Actually Wes, I think you need an SUT!
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/6841008741/inlineimg/Y/DSC00269.JPG http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/8461092741/inlineimg/Y/sut_033.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Thinking about selling my 2500HD and buying an H1. Anyone got any good/bad/indifferent experiences from actually owning or driving one of these things???
I am not talking about the armchair nation bitching about them either... I am looking for some good input from owners or riders as to the utility, towing capabililty (it is a 1 1/4 ton truck...) and driveability. The interior looks a little spartan, but I think it would be a blast and a really good image vehicle for the company.
I don't really like the H2, though I realize it is likely far more advanced from a creature comfort perspective. I don't think they make particularly good tow vehicles though.
Whaddya think???
Wes,
I am not going to read any more than the blastfamy on the first lines.
Fords have won the last 3 years in a row in BITD 8100 Stock production class off road racing. Just skip the GM stuff and go right for the throat, FORD TRUCKS !!!
Your Team Ford Racing Friend
Jim
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/bitd43005/8100/8101_BITD_2353.jpg
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/bitd120305/8100/8117_BITD_n2715.jpg
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/bitd120305/8100/8101_BITD_n2563.jpg
http://www.highrevphoto.com/gallery/bitd120305/thumbs/8102_BITD_n2568.jpg
http://highrevphoto.com/gallery/bitd120305/8100/8104_BITD_n2570.jpg

MagicMtnDan
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
This is nice! I'd consider one of these if it had the LBZ and the Allison tranny in it...
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/8461092741/inlineimg/Y/sut_033.jpg

XtrmWakeborder
12-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Exactly what i was thinking.....

discobayjoe
12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
I recently sold my Military Issue M998 HMMWV "H1". It was an interesting truck.
Downsides: It was a gutless wonder with its 6.2L Diesel and 3-Speed Auto tranny. I took it to pismo and it wasn't the hill-climbing beast I had hoped for. To climb a hill you needed a huge running start, but you didn't have to worry about slowing down when you got to the top, because it jumped nice and level. I got funny looks when using it to go buy groceries. Without a top and doors it wasn't very practical.
Upside: I got funny looks when using it to go buy groceries. It seemed impossible to flip. I had it on some whacky angles in the Dunes @ Pismo (Altho, I broke a driveshaft). You could wheel over pretty much anything you wanted. My Quad actually fit in the back if I folded the rear seats down.
I couldn't see using this truck to tow anthing.
Here were some pics: http://groups.msn.com/discoverybayjoe/87militaryhumveem998.msnw

Froggystyle
12-13-2005, 09:06 AM
OK, new wrinkle...
Now I am thinking about buying a Duramax/Alison used out of a wrecked truck or something and doing a conversion. I am pretty sure it fits easily, and the H1 forums are showing that some kits are coming out for it.
Additionally, there are a bunch of insurance sites where for $5,000 I can get a warranty on the drivetrain. Seems like that might be the deal.
I don't know why, but I really think this thing would be cool.
Still thinking about the H1 though.
I don't want to buy a Ford though. I just don't like them. Nothing against them except every Ford I have owned fell apart. I know people love them, but I would stick to a GM product if I was staying with a truck.

riverracerx
12-13-2005, 01:09 PM
How many brand new boats do you see with Ford motors in them?
Exactly!

Magic34
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Wes, why not get a F650 or Chevy 4500/5500 and make that the promo vehicle.
You can have one of those for under $120k loaded including a killer paint job and plush interior.

Froggystyle
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Wes, why not get a F650 or Chevy 4500/5500 and make that the promo vehicle.
You can have one of those for under $120k loaded including a killer paint job and plush interior.
Like I said, it makes it look like you need one to tow it. Fact is, a Durango would tow it fine. So would a lot of smaller rigs.
I don't want to give the impression you need to have an HD or bigger to tow it. The Hummer doesn't really give the same impression, and a lot of folks don't realize it is a 1 1/4 ton truck. It just looks really official. That I can live with.
What I need to look for is some jackass with one of those Rod Hall conversions who wants to sell it.

Dave C
12-13-2005, 04:39 PM
so hook one up on a fifth wheel and duals and then tow two boats.....
Like I said, it makes it look like you need one to tow it. Fact is, a Durango would tow it fine. So would a lot of smaller rigs.
I don't want to give the impression you need to have an HD or bigger to tow it. The Hummer doesn't really give the same impression, and a lot of folks don't realize it is a 1 1/4 ton truck. It just looks really official. That I can live with.
What I need to look for is some jackass with one of those Rod Hall conversions who wants to sell it.

XtrmWakeborder
12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Why not keep the bagged diesel? That thing is as sick as it gets already!!!

Froggystyle
12-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Why not keep the bagged diesel? That thing is as sick as it gets already!!!
I'm unfortunately over it. I tire of stuff easily. Very easily. The only thing that doesn't appear to be the case on is my wife and my guitar. Everything else has changed.
I have had this truck since '03. I have lifted it, dumped it, showed it and put the biggest stereo you could fit with the seats intact... Time to do it to something else.
Plus, everyone has seen it. Time for a new face with the new boat.

HYPNAUTIC
12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
How many brand new boats do you see with Ford motors in them?
Exactly!
Not to start an arguement, but the reason you dont see Ford motors in boats is that there is a much larger aftermarket for parts, supplies and performance upgrades. It makes it much easier to repair and replace. It does not say anything about quality.
Not being racist but, why do you see more chevys/GM cars in Mexico and Cuba. Surelly, Ford cars, trucks and vans hold just as many in the back but, it is less expensive to fix when things break because there is a greater supply of parts.

XtrmWakeborder
12-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Some people just have too much money....haha j/k Wes. Very very very nice truck to begin with, and i'm sure the next one will be just as good. I was watching extreme 4x4 on spike and they created an H1 using a crate duramax diesel and trans into a suburban with an h1 bodykit. I'm sure you could do something way custom with that! just a suggestion.

Mandelon
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Wes remember the story you told me about your old off road rig, before you built On The Rocks? Something about having your foot all the way in it, and you kept gettting passed by all these nice trucks, towing nicer boats. Do you want to be stuck at 60 mph again?

riverracerx
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
How about the new Escalade!
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GMT900/Escalade/lade15.jpg
If they can afford a Trident, they can afford and Escalade.
But if you want to show how light the boat is, try and pull it with one of these:
http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda_images/honda_civic_hybrid_01_09_05.jpg
Or these look like they will be pretty bad ass!
http://www.riverracerx.com/sema2005/images/DSC00301.jpg

BADAXE
12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Wes, Have you seen these things. Less money than an H1 and way more impact for your business. Go to International's website and check it out, the interior is very nice, much nicer than the H1. And it will tow up to 44,000 lbs. :cool: :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/96CXT-2.gif
CXT SPECIFICATIONS
GVW Range 25,999 pounds
Payload Capacity 6 tons
Towing Capacity 17-22 tons
Off-Road Capability 4x4
Drivetrain up to 310 horsepower
Yeah, it’s a seriously big truck. In fact, the International CXT is the biggest production pickup in the world.
Built for extreme work. Extreme play. Extreme envy. Not some beefed-up consumer pickup, but a bona
fide commercial truck from an industry leader with nearly a century of truck-building experience. It’s
more than enough truck to carry your load. Your reputation. Your dreams.
CXT FEATURES
Exterior 8-ft pickup bed; hydraulic bed lift; custom front and rear
bumper; bright-finish fuel tank, air tanks, vertical exhaust
and exterior trim
Interior DVD player, navigation system, rear camera, plush leather
seats, opera lights, tinted windows, super premium sound
system and carpeting

H20 Toie
12-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I was planning on towing with my Dodge SRT-10 until i ended up getting a bigger boat than i had planned. even though i got a ford f350 for towing i have not driven anything as fun as the Dodge which is why i still have both.

XtrmWakeborder
12-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I was planning on towing with my Dodge SRT-10 until i ended up getting a bigger boat than i had planned. even though i got a ford f350 for towing i have not driven anything as fun as the Dodge which is why i still have both.
SRT-10 might be pretty cool!

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
SRT-10 might be pretty cool!
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2005, 08:41 PM
OK Wes if your going to do it put one of your Turboed, injected BBC in it.
Now that would be cool !!!