PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a Victor jr manifold...Help!!!

Hustler
07-30-2003, 08:17 PM
My Dad is installing a Victor jr on his 454, the heads are 049's. the problem he is having is the new manifold does not cover the heat riser on the heads. What do you do in this situation? Is it important that they are covered or can you just leave them open? Thanks for the help.

GofastRacer
07-30-2003, 08:44 PM
The heat risers are for cold starts to warm up quicker, you don't need them, FelPro gaskets come with plates that covers those!... :cool:

Hustler
07-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Go Fast thanks for the reply, my dad just called me back and said that the manifold does cover them but apparently ther is another area above them that is open, he said his old manifold did'nt cover them either. He just pulled the old one off and set the new on to see what it would look like and saw the openings and about shit himself eek! I guess the old one was so nasty looking that you could'nt tell where the manifold meet the heads. poor guy, for a minute or two I thought I was going to inheret a house and a boat :rolleyes: :D

MikeF
07-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Hustler, Those open areas in the casting between 2/4,6/8 intake ports are sealed off.
No Worries wink .