PDA

View Full Version : elliptical

cxr133
12-12-2005, 04:46 PM
the wife just told me she wants an elliptical machine for xmas...
tried to check the web for good models, reviews.. etc.
but get alot of junk web pages . SO id ecided to goto the second best source (here) and get you guys opinions on which high to middle end elliptical is the best

totenhosen
12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I like the Precor's

Phat Matt
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Buy a cheap one, it's going to hold clothes. :D

Phat Matt
12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Looking at mine and there is a sweater on it...lol Seriously, if she wants one get her one and encourage her to use it.
I think you have to hang some snack pies or money in front of them to get used. lol :)

Froggystyle
12-12-2005, 05:57 PM
I have the Precor EFX 5.23 and love it. Audrey and I use it about 4 days a week since my accident. I can't run anymore, so this is my answer for staving off obesity.
I also have the Precor S3.21 Strength trainer as well. After the same accident, I injured my left hand really badly and had to get the nerve cut to it. This means I can't safely use freeweights without fear of eating a dumbbell. The Precor has the best range of motion I have used on a home gym, the easiest transitions between excercises and a really good sense of symmetry while working out.
I recommend both products heavily. I love them and have put the miles on them in the last couple of years with absolutely zero degradation of the parts. They are commercial level, so home use they will last forever.
Big two thumbs up!!!