PDA

View Full Version : I remember a deckboat,

Throttle
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
it was the conquest top cat... maybe 3 or 4 years ago... used to be the hot ticket... Now several builders have got the shiat... What do you really look for now? How many peeps do you really put on your deckboat anyway?

Phat Matt
12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I've had quite few on mine and I haven't had it during the summer yet. :)

INSman
12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
After seeing your boat in person, I am trying to figure out how to get one !! Not only does it look great, but the room due to the width in that thing is friggin' awesome !!!
probably will get tired of EVERYONE coming aboard by the end of next summer :220v:

bunny 166
12-12-2005, 11:17 PM
it was the conquest top cat... maybe 3 or 4 years ago... used to be the hot ticket... Now several builders have got the shiat... What do you really look for now? How many peeps do you really put on your deckboat anyway?
I think the most we have had so far is 8 or 9....there is plenty of room. It works great for our family....we'll take you for a ride anytime! :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066normal_09-05-05_049.jpg

JB in so cal
12-13-2005, 07:04 AM
...they let anyone drive those, huh? LOL
Nice ride, B!

havaduner
12-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Throttle, are you thinking about your NEXT boat????

Partycattin
12-13-2005, 07:40 AM
I've had too many, about 14 or so.
Usually try to keep it under 12 so everyone has a seat and a vest in case the PoPo come knockin.

JB in so cal
12-13-2005, 07:50 AM
It's not so much how many I can stuff onboard, but once were set up in a cove or a beach, it's how much room there is to spread out. A couple people can lay out on the hatch; nap on a couch; read a book in the shade, etc and not be on top of each other.
If it's just wifey and I, we can either stay way away or get way close :)
We almost bought a Craparral deck boat a few years back; glad we didn't.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Since your asking opinions I'll play along.
The Howard Deckboat (http://www.howardboats.com/boat_specs/28_sport_deck/28_sport_deck.html) 'looks' to be bad ass. I say looks because I have only seen the first one as it was cruising the channel and of course pictures. I've yet to see it up close but I'm certain it will be of the same quality as all of the Howard stuff. The cover picture on Hot Boat does not make it look as roomy as the other deckboats out there though. Could be a bad camera angle.
The Hallett Deckboat (http://www.hallettboats.com/285-party-cruiser.htm) , the new 285, is bad ass. This one I've seen up close and am very, very impressed. Pus, it's a Hallett you really can't go wrong there.
The Conquest Deckboat (http://www.conquestboats.com/boat.php?id=2) certainbly is a known commodity in terms of deckboat prowess simply becaue it has been on the amrket longer. Also, they just re-did the bottom mold to match the bottom of the new Boss Cat and they re-did the deck mold so it's new molds.
The Magic Deckboat (http://www.magicpowerboats.com/magic/28-db/index.html) is obviously very popular, one owner told me he felt like he owned the Honda Accord of deckboats sicne there are so many of them out there. Due your own homework on issues or non-issues with Magic.
Elminator's deckboat, sorry, their webpage would not load and I didn't want to provide a potential broken link, is essentially a Conquest as I believe they bought molds from Conquest at one point. It's Eliminator which is a damn fine name in the industry. some peeps ahve problems buying a custom boat from an outfit that produces 300 boats per year though.
Have not see a Domin8or up close so I have no real opinion on it.
E-ticket (http://eticketboats.com/Luxury_Cat/index.html) appears to be a great boat and is laid out really well. Phatt Matt is the best person to talk to as he just had his built.
Everyone knows the DCB deckboat will awesome simply becaue it is a DCB.
As you can see, the deckboat market has become almost flooded, as you alluded to. Some are definitely better than others, it's in the details that you need to make the determination which is better in your mind based on how you will use it.

MR HARLEY
12-13-2005, 08:28 AM
I think Tobtek is having one built right now.
Really ???? :rollside:
I thought it was a F-26 with Twin Wackers ??
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13511-22-05_001.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13511-22-05_005.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Really ???? :rollside:
I thought it was a F-26 with Twin Wackers ??
For some reason I thoguht I read it was a deckboat. My mistake.

2LKHVSU
12-13-2005, 08:51 AM
I remember the days when we were 1 of about 5 deckboats on the lake. It was easy to find US because we DON'T have Grandkids!
-Mrs 2LKHVSU

2LKHVSU
12-13-2005, 08:52 AM
It's NOT a Conquest. :)

MR HARLEY
12-13-2005, 08:56 AM
For some reason I thoguht I read it was a deckboat. My mistake.
No worries ..... :)
How many peeps do you really put on your deckboat anyway?
On our Sportdeck F-29 (FWT) :p .....Dave says We can hold 12 comfortably, my family consists of 7 people so we should have room for friends :)

Throttle
12-13-2005, 08:57 AM
next time I meet up with you and Jen, I gotta check it out more closely! It does look sweet!

Throttle
12-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Throttle, are you thinking about your NEXT boat????
no new boat for me, mine is not a year old yet... maybe next year! I am just curious to see what peeps are really doin with these river rafts! A deck boat for me is out of the question. Too much space... when its just miss throttle and I on the boat.
by the way focker, where u been? snake bought lunch last time, kings turn for lunch, howz friday? I want to hear about your new ride!

Jbb
12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
I heard Froggy has a pretty nice one too... :)

Throttle
12-13-2005, 09:09 AM
I remember the days when we were 1 of about 5 deckboats on the lake. It was easy to find US because we DON'T have Grandkids!
-Mrs 2LKHVSU
that is good stuff! hope you guys are doin well.

bohica
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
I've had big offshore twin engine boats for years, but I gotta say my Conquest is my favorite boat to date. Party barge, good performance and a cabin complete with DVD to boot. :D

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
DCB is almost a deck,but the fronts not open.I like being able to step in and out easy,with kids its great.My magic has been perfect,its the 496Ho thats had issues.I believe most 28ft decks will ride almost the same without going over 70mph,if you want to go faster then the Eticket would be my choice for a safe smooth ride,but its 40 to 50k more.Thats a new tow vehicle

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
its not how many people you can fit,its the room to move around,more passengers means more pain in the ass

MR HARLEY
12-13-2005, 09:58 AM
more passengers means more pain in the ass
I will definetly write that down .
I heard Froggy has a pretty nice one too...
Going down there this weekend, Should be a great showing!!!!

bunny 166
12-13-2005, 10:00 AM
...they let anyone drive those, huh? LOL
Nice ride, B!
Yep, Anyone!....Thanks J, it's alot of fun... :)

Phat Matt
12-13-2005, 10:43 AM
After seeing your boat in person, I am trying to figure out how to get one !! Not only does it look great, but the room due to the width in that thing is friggin' awesome !!!
probably will get tired of EVERYONE coming aboard by the end of next summer :220v:
When I am beached it's like a revolving door of people checking it out. :) The open space is really nice.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
When I am beached it's like a revolving door of people checking it out. :) The open space is really nice.
a "please remove your shoes" sign

Phat Matt
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
next time I meet up with you and Jen, I gotta check it out more closely! It does look sweet!
Not a problem! :)

Phat Matt
12-13-2005, 10:48 AM
a "please remove your shoes" sign
Everyone has been real respectful so far. We have the wash down hose, and a mat on the front deck. If you pass that, you get the evil eye. :)

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Everyone has been real respectful so far. We have the wash down hose, and a mat on the front deck. If you pass that, you get the evil eye. :)
down pump must have 1000 hrs on it

Phat Matt
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Since your asking opinions I'll play along.
E-ticket (http://eticketboats.com/Luxury_Cat/index.html) appears to be a great boat and is laid out really well. Phatt Matt is the best person to talk to as he just had his built.
If you get a chance check out the E-ticket write up in the new Powerboat mag. They thought very highly of it. :D

Throttle
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Not a problem! :)
it will not be soon enough! :cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 12:48 PM
If you get a chance check out the E-ticket write up in the new Powerboat mag. They thought very highly of it. :D
Yeah, I want to check yours out when/if I see you in the channel.

Throttle
12-13-2005, 08:24 PM
the channel or the turtle! its always there and its not even summer yet...

havaduner
12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
no new boat for me, mine is not a year old yet... maybe next year! I am just curious to see what peeps are really doin with these river rafts! A deck boat for me is out of the question. Too much space... when its just miss throttle and I on the boat.
by the way focker, where u been? snake bought lunch last time, kings turn for lunch, howz friday? I want to hear about your new ride!
Friday's wide open for me, call me I'm in!

2LKHVSU
12-14-2005, 09:14 AM
hope you guys are doin well.[/QUOTE]
Ditto!
-MRS 2LKHVSU :) :)

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I'll let you know next time we are out. Then you can just follow the music. Or if you like, go down to E-ticket. It is parked at your shop and tell Larry you want to check it out. They are on Avaition behind Walmart in Havi.

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 09:48 AM
the channel or the turtle! its always there and its not even summer yet...
lol. Those are both good places to look. :)

Throttle
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Friday's wide open for me, call me I'm in!
"wide open" as in wideopenthrottle? your phone is about to ring bro, snakes in... waitin on callback from king!!