PDA

View Full Version : 05 f-250 lockers

boater012
05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
I dont have the moeny right now but i have aot of time so im doing some research. Has anyone ever heard of who makes a front and rear locking diff for the new 05 f-250 diesels???? I am an avid offroader and want to install lockers in it. air lockers preferably. but every 4x4 lace says they cant get a locker for the dana s-110 rear axle!! Is that the case or do they just not want to mess with it because im just looking for an ESTIMATE?????

boater012
05-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Anyobody have a clue on this one????? or am I ut of luck and have to change to a different axle to get a locker???

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I would think that Detroit would be the first to come out with. Give 4wheelparts a call.

boater012
05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I called four wheel parts they state the s-110 axle is a heavy duty for military use axle that has been used by ford the pasr few years in super duties only. And the I would be better off putting in a dana 44 or 60 and putting a locker in that but thats a ton of money to put into a brand new truck. The front axle is doable inexpensively but I dont know how well it would do with only the front locker!

jet4fun
05-17-2006, 07:16 AM
they reccomended that you put a dana 44 in the rear of an f-250???

boater012
05-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I thpought the kid was nuts when he said that! he told me they do it all the time when they want a REAL axle that would work hard im not positive he said 44 but he said dana it mightve been the 60 and something else but the 44 is waht came to mind when i was posting this. ???????? sorry if i didnt put in the wrong reccomendation. I have since found out that detroit makes a locker for s-110 axle and they are actually really affordable! 550.00 with an install kit.

Restless22
05-18-2006, 10:31 AM
they reccomended that you put a dana 44 in the rear of an f-250???
I think that is the funniest thing I ever heard!

Restless22
05-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I always had great luck at randys ring and pinion
I think Eaton as an E locker. I was thinking about that option for the daily driver.
I am sure detroit makes a locker for that axle.
Good Luck

Run_em_Hard
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I thpought the kid was nuts when he said that! he told me they do it all the time when they want a REAL axle that would work hard im not positive he said 44 but he said dana it mightve been the 60 and something else but the 44 is waht came to mind when i was posting this. ???????? sorry if i didnt put in the wrong reccomendation. I have since found out that detroit makes a locker for s-110 axle and they are actually really affordable! 550.00 with an install kit.
He could have said the DANA 60 or the DANA 80. Does your truck have a limited slip from the factory???If that is the case I would throw the locker in the front and leave the back alone. The limited slip is suppost to be more friendly for daily driving, unless you could find an air-locker or similar for the back that isn't a constant lock.

boater012
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah i dont want a constant locker either the detroit locker is supoosed to be electric. i wouldnt want a locker in the front only becuase the rear limited slip was worthless on the john bull trail in big bear. I made through the whole trial but i had to get really creative a couple times when i had two opposing wheels on the ground. if yopu are a serious offroader and have been on that trail you know what i mean. the ranger was on horseback at the head of the trai and told my girlfriend and i there was no way my truck was going to make it through the trail. we did and came out with a couple damaaged parts.
I bent the driveshaft for starters. and the e brake cables arm snapped off in the drum and trashed every thing including the axle seal. the brake shoes looked like theyd been run over by a trian. and i have a nice sized ent on the drivers bed side. but it was a blast and now the repairs are done and i have better tires so i want to go again but not without lockers.