PDA

View Full Version : V-drive club meet in Bass Lake, CA

scottwizer
12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
I just got off of the phone with Bryan Lynch, head of the Classic V-drive Club. He told me that on the weekend of May 13, 2005 there will be a large gathering for V-drives at the Pines in Bass Lake, CA. They are having a boat show at the Pines with as many boats as can possibly come. He has been working on have boats from all years to be there... from the 50's to present. They are also trying to set up a sort of poker run along with a few other cool activities. He hasn't had a chance to get the info up on his website... but keep checking for any info. V-drive club (http://www.v-driveboats.com) Also he told me that more information will be coming up in the next club letter. Of course, you can always call him to get more information on the event. He asked me to try to help get the word out to get as many boats and people up there as possible for a great time. Hope to see you guys there.
Jason

lucky
12-14-2005, 12:26 PM
interesting - very interesting , focking interesting -- The infamous Roman 1 will no doubt unparticipate :) lmao

dmontzsta
12-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Thats right in Romans neighborhood, maybe he will show up with that boat once and for all.

Beautiful Noise
12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Thats right in Romans neighborhood, maybe he will show up with that boat once and for all.
I heard Roman is still waiting for a New Prop & Prop Shaft since Chet ran his up on the Ramp. Legend has it the Gouges on the Ramp are Still there as a reminder for all to see. :rolleyes: :rollside:

uclahater
12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
For those of us whose boats arent ready :cry: We can rent from Roman 1 and still participate in this grand event :idea:

dmontzsta
12-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Well I am a little confused, I thought Roman was on Bass Lake everyday, now I here his brother Chet ran the son bitch up the ramp. :)

ColeTR2
12-14-2005, 01:11 PM
gathering for V-drives at the Pines in Bass Lake, CA.
Will zoomies be OK to run on the lake?

scottwizer
12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
I am not sure on running zoomies...I suppose if you had mufflers that would help. I have run a boat up there without putting mufflers in it, but it didn't have zoomies either. I would try giving Brian a call to get the skinny on that.

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Bass Lake and flat bottoms?
I didn't think the two would go together in a sentence.
Are you even able to drive a flatbottom on Bass Lake above idle?
I spent many a summer there.
Brian

v-drive
12-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I believe the fisherman rule the lake these days. in the late 50's early 60's it was the place to be. I think skiing is allowed from 8 AM to 4 PM.
v-drive :frown:

FLATMVN
12-14-2005, 06:20 PM
He told me that on the weekend of May 13, 2005 there will be a large gathering for V-drives at the Pines in Bass Lake, CA.
I am courious to this date. Am i to late to attend or should I plan for 2006. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

ChetRippley
12-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Well I am a little confused, I thought Roman was on Bass Lake everyday, now I here his brother Chet ran the son bitch up the ramp. :)
I didn't run shit up any ramp. That was my stunt double, and it was just for the movie.
This deal isn't until May, I think Roman will have his shit together to whop some ass. :)

Jake W2
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Where is SD?
Jake

Jake W2
12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Who wants to skim the waves with uncle Roman in a JETBOAT.
Jake

BILLY.B
12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
That would be a kick. Use to vacation there for 3 weeks at a time as a kid when flatty's and hydro ruled the lake. At dusk down by the falls they'd line up 3..4..5, and maybe 6 wide and here they'd come, zoomies and all. Now with all the PC "JACK OFFS" that doesn't happen. What ashame. But would still be a great thing to attend. Ask Brian if i'm allowed :)

Moneypitt
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Billy, you can consult with Henry Arnold, (SS550) about Bass Lake. He has a cabin there and frequently tests the SS boat there, so he would know about the ins and outs of the LE in the area. I think it's like anywhere else, weekdays are less strict than weekends and stupid moves will get their attention quickly. I have seen the CVDCA fliers, and they usually say mufflers required, based on state laws, regardless of where the event is planned......Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I just got off of the phone with Bryan Lynch, head of the Classic V-drive Club. He told me that on the weekend of May 13, 2005 there will be a large gathering for V-drives at the Pines in Bass Lake, CA. They are having a boat show at the Pines with as many boats as can possibly come. He has been working on have boats from all years to be there... from the 50's to present. They are also trying to set up a sort of poker run along with a few other cool activities. He hasn't had a chance to get the info up on his website... but keep checking for any info. V-drive club (http://www.v-driveboats.com) Also he told me that more information will be coming up in the next club letter. Of course, you can always call him to get more information on the event. He asked me to try to help get the word out to get as many boats and people up there as possible for a great time. Hope to see you guys there.
Jason
Is this a members only deal? Can we bring Orange county? :rollside:

Moneypitt
12-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Usually the newsletter will say if an event is for members only or open to all. I realize this event hasn't been in print yet, but that would be an indicator. Billy, I can see a Red Rock 7AM "drive by" in your future..........Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Usually the newsletter will say if an event is for members only or open to all. I realize this event hasn't been in print yet, but that would be an indicator. Billy, I can see a Red Rock 7AM "drive by" in your future..........Ray
Don't hold your breath Ray, I don't think Billy's headed to Red Rock anytime soon. :notam:

Moneypitt
12-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Jerry, I guess you had to be there to understand what that post was about. A Red Rock "style" drive by would work almost anywhere, even Bass Lake....Ray

BILLY.B
12-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Don't hold your breath Ray, I don't think Billy's headed to Red Rock anytime soon. :notam: I think he means doing the same thing at Bass Lake as we did at Red Rock. And no I wouldn't do that at Bass Lake. Way to small and no get-away-access :) . Just think it's time to do more of these outting's even if it's just a show deal for us "HEAVY IRON" types. Always fun to hang out. And even though i'm not good at it a "BS" session is always great to listen too. :argue: :rollside: .

dmontzsta
12-15-2005, 07:10 AM
I think he means doing the same thing at Bass Lake as we did at Red Rock. And no I wouldn't do that at Bass Lake. Way to small and no get-away-access :) . Just think it's time to do more of these outting's even if it's just a show deal for us "HEAVY IRON" types. Always fun to hang out. And even though i'm not good at it a "BS" session is always to to listen to. :argue: :rollside: .
I saw the storm on RRV2, man thats my favorite part, it is bitchen.

uclahater
12-15-2005, 07:37 AM
I saw the storm on RRV2, man thats my favorite part, it is bitchen.
DICK... :cool:

dmontzsta
12-15-2005, 07:40 AM
DICK... :cool:
Tell Jerry to overnight you a copy of it. :) Priority Overnight Saturday Delivery. Did you used to beat him up when you guys were younger? haha

uclahater
12-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Tell Jerry to overnight you a copy of it. :) Priority Overnight Saturday Delivery. Did you used to beat him up when you guys were younger? haha
He can just bring me one to the party :idea:
Because of me Jerry is an expert in Street fighting, and weapons management :crossx: I cant say I ever remember winning though :cry: :cry:

dmontzsta
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM
He can just bring me one to the party :idea:
Because of me Jerry is an expert in Street fighting, and weapons management :crossx: I cant say I ever remember winning though :cry: :cry:
Your older though right? I thought you were like 20 years old?
:220v:

uclahater
12-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Your older though right? I thought you were like 20 years old?
:220v:
Havent you blown Jerry enough already over this job :idea: And just for the record little Bald one :skull: I am younger, bigger, and have alot more hair on my head than the both of you :argue:

dmontzsta
12-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Havent you blown Jerry enough already over this job :idea: And just for the record little Bald one :skull: I am younger, bigger, and have alot more hair on my head than the both of you :argue:
lol j/p with ya Jimbo.
Jerry is like family, I dont blow family, just strangers in the night.
BTW: They did a good job with your implants, the hair looks real!
:) woot.

uclahater
12-15-2005, 08:04 AM
lol j/p with ya Jimbo.
Jerry is like family, I dont blow family, just strangers in the night.
BTW: They did a good job with your implants, the hair looks real!
:) woot.
I've only done breast implants :argue:

dmontzsta
12-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I've only done breast implants :argue:
oh baby...if only you were a stranger.
:)

lucky
12-15-2005, 08:29 AM
oh baby...if only you were a stranger.
:)
get a room you homo's -- what a sausage fest --

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Jerry, I guess you had to be there to understand what that post was about. A Red Rock "style" drive by would work almost anywhere, even Bass Lake....Ray
Sorry Ray, I guess you left out a key word (style) which threw me off. Not only was I there and in-on-it, but this event was video taped and included in the RR2 video so everyone else can be there too! :cool:
So whats the deal with Bass lake? Is it a members only deal or can we bring up Phil and larry to hand Preacher his arse. :D :clover: :rolleyes:

Moneypitt
12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
As I said jerry, the newsletter hasn't mentioned this event as yet. I would guess since it is a public lake anyone could go there. As far as being accepted into the CVDCA circle I can't imagine anyone having a problem with the beautiful boats you guys always bring. That morning at Red Rock will always live in my mind, and I know you were there, just didn't know how much of it you got on tape.....I went to see Greg yesterday at the DDS office and reserved my tickets for the "Really Big Show", and am looking forward to the screening in a theater atmosphere. I've never been to Bass Lake, but can imagine a few of the NKRA guys showing up and puttting on a show, even on the trailers those boats will draw a crowd, on the water, a stampede to the shore, for sure..........Ray

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-15-2005, 10:01 AM
As I said jerry, the newsletter hasn't mentioned this event as yet. I would guess since it is a public lake anyone could go there. As far as being accepted into the CVDCA circle I can't imagine anyone having a problem with the beautiful boats you guys always bring. That morning at Red Rock will always live in my mind, and I know you were there, just didn't know how much of it you got on tape.....I went to see Greg yesterday at the DDS office and reserved my tickets for the "Really Big Show", and am looking forward to the screening in a theater atmosphere. I've never been to Bass Lake, but can imagine a few of the NKRA guys showing up and puttting on a show, even on the trailers those boats will draw a crowd, on the water, a stampede to the shore, for sure..........Ray
The reason I ask Ray is,,,,some of the cvdcoa outings are member only. I am aware of BL's liability concerns and I know he used to hold his breath concerning his affiliation to the red rock outing. (too many incidents there)
Now, if we bring those same guys to one of his outings would he have a problem. We don't want to upset any applecarts. :)

scottwizer
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Sorry about messing up on the date... it is May 13, 2006. :hammerhea Sometimes my mind forgets there is a new year coming. I believe Brian wants to get as many boats as possible there. He did mention something about having talked to some southern CA guys that are coming up that belong to a racing organization. As for Bass Lake, I still go there just about every summer 10 or so times during the season. I have to say that it is still a great lake to play around on. I have seen a lot of guys playing around on the lake before the summer really takes off. That time is usually April to mid May and then again mid Septmeber to late October. I usually see a few flats running around that time of year, Henry included testing and running his boat. I would think that most people up there would love to see this event. I will try to get more info to post about the trip... I plan on heading over to Brian's house on Saturday...

Denny Scales
12-20-2005, 11:08 AM
That would be a kick. Use to vacation there for 3 weeks at a time as a kid when flatty's and hydro ruled the lake. At dusk down by the falls they'd line up 3..4..5, and maybe 6 wide and here they'd come, zoomies and all. Now with all the PC "JACK OFFS" that doesn't happen. What ashame. But would still be a great thing to attend. Ask Brian if i'm allowed :)
Me & my Dad were one of those 5 or 6, we ran an 18 ft unlimited ( Ralph "Bunky" Muirhead) with a wood deck. My Pop drove the boat while I hung on for dear life 200 feet behind on a racing ski. The only rig we never beat was a Sanger hydro, "The White Mist" I think was the name.
Denny Scales

BILLY.B
12-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe we could have someone talk to the higher ups at Bass Lake to get us on for a couple of fly by's. Then again a stampede is always cool to watch. I gotta tell you the anticipation of the stampede at Red Rock was unreal. We had planned that stampede for month's and keeping it a secret ( some guy's couldn't ) was tough. We leave Needles at 4:00 am, windier then hell hoping that it's not doing the same at Parker. 14 flatties heading down hwy 40 all in a line had to look pretty cool also. I remember seeing a guy at a Circle K in Havasu City point and start telling his buddies and they spun around with there mouth's wide open. When we all launched and started to head up river I had butterflies in my stomach wondering what everybody was going to think. It was alot of fun and i'm glad alot of you who were there thought so too. Had to look way "BAD" from the beach live. If there had been no wind blowing down river that morning i'm sure the sound of all those boats coming at you would of been off the DBA chart world wide.

Moneypitt
12-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Billy, As you know, I was there on that beach. A humming sound at first, kinda hard to identify, then a droning, like a squad of fighter planes off in the distance, then as it got louder, looking down river, little white splashes all the way across the river, still to far away to actually see what it was, then the unmistakable whine of blowers, then independant exhaust sounds, then it became clear.........Those little splashes were boats, several v drives screaming and whining, then BOOM, you were on us, again like a squadren of fighters, then one by one, doing those "fly bys"...........Pure sound, the best music in the world, in perfect harmony, zoom, zoom, zoom.....Up the river, a dozen or so truely hot boats cracking the morning air. Those that wern't awake when it started were awake now! People stumbling out of trailers, tents, motorhomes, to come to the beach with mouths wide open, chins dragging the ground, as you guys ran up and down the river. I can hear it right now, the sights that morning are kinda blurry, but that sound will never be forgotten. Whata show!! whata surprise!!..........Thanks again........Ray

dossangers
12-21-2005, 08:45 AM
I called bryan yesterday about running the lake with our blown boats . Hes going to talk to the sherriff and see whats up. If i can run im THERE 4 SURE!! :rollside: :rollside:

NorCal Gameshow
12-21-2005, 09:22 AM
some bass lake info, note the new speed limit. the lake gets rough in hurry,kinda it's own speed limit ;). also,the annual fees are required whether you're on the water one time or everyday.
http://basslakeca.com/boatinfo.html