PDA

View Full Version : Sneek Preview ( Super-Lite 44 ) ROCKITMAN

Rock-it man
12-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Heres a sneek preview of the LIQUID TECHNOLOGIES NEW SUPER-LITE SERIES of boats. This is the first one and ITS ALL MINE !!!!!!! Will have more as its built.
44 ft long

deltarat
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Damn RIM that thing is bad ass. I am looking forward to seeing more of it. What are you going to power it with? Are you going with urface drives again? Come on Rim spill the beans.

DAVEO
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
How long till its rigged and running? That one bad ass ride.

diggler
12-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Unbelievable! How much lighter is the hull compared to a fiberglass one?

RACER52
12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
wow,
Does your son in-law have anything to do with the build??
I thought I remember you saying he built houseboats.
What other types are gonna be built?

superdave013
12-14-2005, 03:04 PM
looks like a LOT of beer cans went in that sucker. :)
I LOVE the look of that flat deck!! Really cool, thanks for posting.

NICE PAIR
12-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Damn RIM that thing is bad ass. I am looking forward to seeing more of it. What are you going to power it with? Are you going with urface drives again? Come on Rim spill the beans.
bad ass or "BAD ASS" :rollside:

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 03:11 PM
How hot will that thing be in the sun?

phebus
12-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Is the parent company Airstream?
Seriously though, does it have some type of sound deadening built into it? I would think the aluminum would be "noisy" on the water.

Boat211
12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I think you should polish that thing. Maybe you could get a sponsership from "MOTHERS"

Rock-it man
12-14-2005, 04:24 PM
MY son in law owns the company Liquid Technologies and builds boats under the name of RIVERWILD BOATS there is an website riverwidboat.com , he has been building aluminum boats since 1999,mostley river jet's likethe one Cat Skinner has,he built that one healso builds off shore fishing boats and driftboats and was in to White Water racing big time building and racing his boats.if you search wahite water jet boat racing you will see a lot about Robert White. He will now build the Super-Lite series boats both twin Eng and single Eng with eah being a custom design there is no limit towhat you can have.
Don't know about noise yet or performance as testing will begin in Feb. Going with the Arneson Drive,bam 1550 dry sump trans. The motors I wanted are 572,single carb,big chief Indy Heads,cmi big tubes, all jesel valve train,JE pistins,carillo rods,LA billit crank,spring oilers,drysump,etc get the picture !! I want them as bullit proof as possible
13/1 comp,ya !that means race gas but I have always run race gas in PokerRuns anyway ,motors should be around
850-950 hp,they go on the dyno in Jan so will know then. The hull will be much lighter than the Fountain Poker Run boat aprox 1000-1500 less and very rigid,they are used a lot in Europe. It will be painted and look just like a glass boat .
My son inlaw plans on a whole line of these type of boats . I have agreed to back him in this little adventure, I will be touring this boat all over the west coast and back to LOTO
this summer.I will be acting as a sales person for the boats
Pricing is not set yet but It will be less than Fountain ,Outer Limits,Cig,etc .
Will have them on a web site soon.
Anyone is welcome to the shop here in Grants Pass to see what is ging on.
I decided to go this route as I could not find a boat I liked that wasn't trashed after two years and that cost less than
$ 350,000.00 . I want'ed to be able to run all day long at 110 + mph in any water anytime and never have to let up
Will know soon if this will meet my expectations.

spectras only
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
This is a tin boat , with insulation it's not noiser than fg .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/28086234_1.jpg
this would be noisy if left like it is in the picture of this 50'er >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/50cat5jpeg.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/50cat1jpeg.jpg
RIM , you need seats like these for creature comfort :) >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/50cat6jpeg.jpg
lots of beer cans went into these two :D

DAVEO
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
MY son in law owns the company Liquid Technologies and builds boats under the name of RIVERWILD BOATS there is an website riverwidboat.com , he has been building aluminum boats since 1999,mostley river jet's likethe one Cat Skinner has,he built that one healso builds off shore fishing boats and driftboats and was in to White Water racing big time building and racing his boats.if you search wahite water jet boat racing you will see a lot about Robert White. He will now build the Super-Lite series boats both twin Eng and single Eng with eah being a custom design there is no limit towhat you can have.
Don't know about noise yet or performance as testing will begin in Feb. Going with the Arneson Drive,bam 1550 dry sump trans. The motors I wanted are 572,single carb,big chief Indy Heads,cmi big tubes, all jesel valve train,JE pistins,carillo rods,LA billit crank,spring oilers,drysump,etc get the picture !! I want them as bullit proof as possible
13/1 comp,ya !that means race gas but I have always run race gas in PokerRuns anyway ,motors should be around
850-950 hp,they go on the dyno in Jan so will know then. The hull will be much lighter than the Fountain Poker Run boat aprox 1000-1500 less and very rigid,they are used a lot in Europe. It will be painted and look just like a glass boat .
My son inlaw plans on a whole line of these type of boats . I have agreed to back him in this little adventure, I will be touring this boat all over the west coast and back to LOTO
this summer.I will be acting as a sales person for the boats
Pricing is not set yet but It will be less than Fountain ,Outer Limits,Cig,etc .
Will have them on a web site soon.
Anyone is welcome to the shop here in Grants Pass to see what is ging on.
I decided to go this route as I could not find a boat I liked that wasn't trashed after two years and that cost less than
$ 350,000.00 . I want'ed to be able to run all day long at 110 + mph in any water anytime and never have to let up
Will know soon if this will meet my expectations.
Good luck RIM that is on bad ass looking hull. I cant wait to see it in the water. Do you know colors and design yet.

Rock-it man
12-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Great seats !!! I want a set !!!!!
I was thinking of just makeing mine a two seater but I lost the battle with the women. I have to deal with my daughter and wife on this little project.

Boat211
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Looks great RIM. Bob Maher of Maherajah water skis, is also working on an aluminum boat. Though it looks nothing like yours.

Cat Skinner
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder Bob hasn't answered the phone this week. That thing is cool. I agree, polish it.
CS

Rock-it man
12-14-2005, 08:33 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder Bob hasn't answered the phone this week. That thing is cool. I agree, polish it.
CS
Thats CRAZY !!! How would you keep it polished !!!!! It will have an ove rthe top paint job !!!!!
I am so proud of my son in law !!!!he is a MASTER FABRICATER !!!!!!!! the shop has been full of visitors and have a lot of interest in the boats, a lot will depend how they handle at 120+mph and how the final pruduct looks,but so far I am excited about these boats. How often doe's your daughter marry someone you can play with !!!!! and treats her like a queen. All I can say its going to be a fun summer . Will be doing most of the testing at Shasta but all ready have rooms reserved in Havasu for the spring heatwave !!!! will be there a week early promoting the boat and giving demo rides .
Will post more as it comes along. The design is his own using four steps two large and two small and each step is tunable unlike other boats he can put the bow wherever you want,comes as a pokerrun version like mine with four air ride seats or a cabin model is in the works. Its a set down boat with a large viewing wind shield that really works.any power or drive is avaaiable.
More later Thanks ROCKIT MAN
**This thing needs a name How about the 44 MAG (Make My Day ) or some thing like that.

Cat Skinner
12-15-2005, 05:00 AM
Wayne, think about it. If you're trying to promote a product, the bling factor on a polished aluminum hull would be off the chart. You just need to hire a guy for the summer tour to keep it polished for you. Hey I know a guy that would do it for you! He would need about $120,000 a year and have to hire some staff but it's definatly doable :cool: . Hopefully Bob has a little room in the shop for my tug. I can't wait to see that bad boy when I get up there.
CS

Powerquestboy
12-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Chrome it! The whole dam thing should be Chrome!

riverrunner
12-15-2005, 07:58 AM
that thing is going to be awesome. Keep us posted as it comes along.

Big Kahunaa
12-15-2005, 08:35 AM
What about some polished or brushed graphix and clear over them, that thing look's great

Rock-it man
12-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Wayne, think about it. If you're trying to promote a product, the bling factor on a polished aluminum hull would be off the chart. You just need to hire a guy for the summer tour to keep it polished for you. Hey I know a guy that would do it for you! He would need about $120,00 a year and have to hire some staff but it's definatly doable :cool: . Hopefully Bob has a little room in the shop for my tug. I can't wait to see that bad boy when I get up there.
CS
When are you comming up,we can do lunch.
Ya ! there is room as he is still building the other boats while working on mine.
It would be hard to look at polished and would blind the other drivers around.

Rock-it man
12-15-2005, 08:41 AM
How hot will that thing be in the sun?
Painted it should be close to what fiberglass is but not sure, at Havasu doe's it matter!!! everything is HOT !!!!
Using some sound board by 3M in several places ,but really need to get it on the water before we know a lot what needs to be done.

MikeF
12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Awesome! :cool:
each being a custom design there is no limit to what you can have.
That's what I like best about aluminum boats, you can modify/cut/weld the one you have, come up w/a different design or design around the propulsion you want to use. Wish I had the capital to make those dreams happen. :boxed:
Nice work!

Steamin' Rice
12-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Looks interesting... If you haven't already done so, you should also post this over at OSO... :idea:

Cat Skinner
12-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Ya ! there is room as he is still building the other boats while working on mine.
Either the Friday before Christmas or the Friday before New Years. Should be there at lunch time. I've been trying to get ahold of Bob but no answer. Is he out of town? Oh by the way that figure for boat upkeep should have been $120,000. Sorry for the mistake :D
CS

Rock-it man
12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Either the Friday before Christmas or the Friday before New Years. Should be there at lunch time. I've been trying to get ahold of Bob but no answer. Is he out of town? Oh by the way that figure for boat upkeep should have been $120,000. Sorry for the mistake :D
CS
NO ! NO !! Your first first offer of $ 120.00 was accepted so your stuck , so bring all your polish equip !!!!!! Call him on the cell he has other boats going and I know he was at Coos Bay today getting a motor. Call me on my cell when you get here. Iwill PM it to you.

Boatmaster
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Boat looks great R-I-M. Like the lines, your son-in-law's work is very nice.

pixrthis
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
that thing is really nice.

Carbon Dave
12-17-2005, 02:10 PM
That thing is unreal. I would love to take a look at it. I happen to be driving through there on the 23rd. Would a quick tour be possible?
Oh yeah, polish and paint would look great.

Rock-it man
12-17-2005, 04:36 PM
That thing is unreal. I would love to take a look at it. I happen to be driving through there on the 23rd. Would a quick tour be possible?
Oh yeah, polish and paint would look great.
Come on by we are open for tours , I sent you a pm ,so call me and we can set it up.
I posted on OSO and I have now 23 e-mails , did not know there would be that much interest so fast . I guess a 44 ft 100+mph boat that can run the big water at less than $ 300,000.00 is in demand. Wish we could set the price but not finished yetbutI can say this it ain't cheap to build oneyou have to double the cost for everything with two motors. Thanks every body for the good remarks .

canuck1
12-19-2005, 08:34 AM
welcome to the dark side RIM. River Wild builds some interesting rides

Cat Skinner
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey RIM,
Looks like I'm coming up Tuesday. Maybe I'll see ya.
CS

Rock-it man
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey RIM,
Looks like I'm coming up Tuesday. Maybe I'll see ya.
CS
I will be around so call me on my cell we can meet up at the shop tomorrow.

dicudmore
12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
lookin' good Wayne...good luck with the project :cool:

Rock-it man
12-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks for all the support !!!!!!

Cat Skinner
12-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Here are the pic's I took of the Reynolds Wrap Rocket.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2282Rocketboatstern.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2282Rocketboatside.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2282Rocketboatcockpit.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2282Rocketboatbow.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2282Rocketboatbottom.jpg
Enjoy
CS

NICE PAIR
12-21-2005, 10:08 AM
"LOOKING GOOD" keep it up.

DAVEO
12-21-2005, 10:46 AM
nice pics cat skinner

RiverDave
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Rock it Man, that is one SHARP LOOKING BOAT!!
What did you mean by "tuneable" steps?
RD

Rock-it man
12-27-2005, 04:02 PM
There are actualy five places to tune,four steps and the transom.There is a very sharp edge that extends aprox one inch past the step and transom each can be ajusted up or down to put the bow where ever you want it to run ,Robert has used this method for many years on the white water race boats.just a 1 or 2 thousands ajustment will change where the boat runs,its simular to what Arneson Rocker Plates do only ours are fixed and his are ajustable. Hope that helps .

HP350SC
12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Cool stuff Wayne. Looks like I sold my boat in a few weeks, so I will have to stop by on the way to Shasta and check it out :)

Rock-it man
12-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I will be in Portland for the boat show Jan 6th.I posted a thread on North West Offshore, come on down to BJ's Fri evening and bring Cliff and the girls ,Ruby is setting Dennis up on a DATE !!!!!! I told her as long as she has a boat, thats all that counts !!!! hehehe !!!
Are you & Cliff going to the LA Boat Show, we are but not sure what date yet.
Good luck on selling the boat ,now you can order one of the TIN CAN's we are building !!!!

HP350SC
12-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I will be in Portland for the boat show Jan 6th.I posted a thread on North West Offshore, come on down to BJ's Fri evening and bring Cliff and the girls ,Ruby is setting Dennis up on a DATE !!!!!! I told her as long as she has a boat, thats all that counts !!!! hehehe !!!
Are you & Cliff going to the LA Boat Show, we are but not sure what date yet.
Good luck on selling the boat ,now you can order one of the TIN CAN's we are building !!!!
Dennis on a date? Oh the humanity j/k Dennis :)
Yes, I'm sure we will be at the boat show. Friday pizza sounds good too.
LA show-hmmm not sure yet. I am going to look at a couple acres near lake Billy Chinook on Saturday. If I do end up buying it, there will be no boat for a couple years :cry: Guess i'll be a stowaway on other peoples boats in the mean time.
That 44 Magnum does have some room in it doesn't it???hehehe.

mbrown2
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
RIM....that boat looks trick...good luck on the build and someone got a hell of a deal on your last one....If I did not have a cat, I would have bought your old one...:)

Riverkid
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Sweet!
You can't cover it all up with paint. Leave some sort of polished or brushed accent on it somewhere...
Here's a Cobra with a scotchbrighted body and polished ralley stripes...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880Tim_s_Cobra_005_Large_.jpg

Rock-it man
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Dennis on a date? Oh the humanity j/k Dennis :)
Yes, I'm sure we will be at the boat show. Friday pizza sounds good too.
LA show-hmmm not sure yet. I am going to look at a couple acres near lake Billy Chinook on Saturday. If I do end up buying it, there will be no boat for a couple years :cry: Guess i'll be a stowaway on other peoples boats in the mean time.
That 44 Magnum does have some room in it doesn't it???hehehe.
Make sure there is room for me to park I will need to turn around a 70ft rig. Boat and tow rig !!!!! See you and cliff and the girls Fri at BJ's.

HP350SC
12-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Make sure there is room for me to park I will need to turn around a 70ft rig. Boat and tow rig !!!!! See you and cliff and the girls Fri at BJ's.
You might have to make a couple cuts at it, it's only a few acres :D

MOBrien
12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Uhhhh RIM, you still haven't spilled the beans on the motors yet....twins w/980's...quadrotors...what's the plan???
lookin forward to seeing this beast evolve.....bitchen ride!

Rock-it man
12-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Uhhhh RIM, you still haven't spilled the beans on the motors yet....twins w/980's...quadrotors...what's the plan???
lookin forward to seeing this beast evolve.....bitchen ride!
OK ! They will be a couple of baby motors 572 cu in,all jessel,INDY BIG CHIEF heads,CMI big tube headers,LA billit crank,single carb, drysump,13/1 comp ,over built so nothing breaks should be on the dyno in a couple weeks expect 900-950 hp ,no blowers . I want dependability. Yes it means race gas but all the pokerrun boats I know run race gas anyway.Trans will be the new BAM 1550 drysump
drives will be Arneson surface drives .I should be able to run it hard all day long .If the Fountain Poker Run 42 (9200 lbs ) can run 103 with a pair of 600's and the Full size Fountain 42 ( 10,000 lbs+ ) can run 121 mph with Cobra 1000's I should be able to run a lot faster with my weight advantave and the power we are puting in.Another reason for these motors is if the INS company see single carb motors and no blowers the INS is a lot less and easer to get. Of course this is what I am hoping for as we have not run it yet so will just have to wait and see,Ican always change some motor parts and add a blower if needed. Thanks ROCKIT MAN

Carbon Dave
01-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Just wanted to thank Wayne and Bob for giving my family and me a tour of the shop. They were more than gracious to come out on New Years Day and show me the boat.
All I can say is WOW. I was speechless...(which is hard to do) I can't believe the amount of work and detail that does into building a boat like this.
I have a couple of pictures that I can post later.
Thanks again.
Carbon Dave

HP350SC
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Wayne, did you know that powerboatsnw won't be at the show? That means basically no performance stuff to look at. We will go to pizza, but we're not going to the show. See you Friday.
Were you going to tow your boat up and display it or ???

Rock-it man
01-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey Wayne, did you know that powerboatsnw won't be at the show? That means basically no performance stuff to look at. We will go to pizza, but we're not going to the show. See you Friday.
Were you going to tow your boat up and display it or ???
Boat is not ready to show yet but maybe there with a couple next year . Too bad Joe can't be there butIheard the Seattle Show was the same time and his marketis much larger there. Will see ya all for pizza Fri night at BJ's.
Thanks Wayne

Garrddogg
01-06-2006, 06:32 AM
I will be in Portland this weekend looking at a boat($@!!&@&) on Sat and at the boat show on Sun maybe we can meet

HP350SC
01-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Good to see you guys at pizza. Rock-it Man that boat is looking bad-ass!
Have Dennis look into this product for your motors....http://www.jandssafeguard.com/
Ignition system and INDIVIDUAL knock control from a single sensor in block. Would be a great way to keep those high compression motors reliable on any fuel.

Rock-it man
01-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Just lucked out and got the last seat for the TRES MARTIN performance boat school in LA the same week as the boat show.Was going to have to learn the hard way how to run this 44 foot beast and now will have some help.

KROOZIN
01-11-2006, 05:19 PM
MAN, that is bad ass!!! Can't wait to see her done, and hear how she performs!!! :cool:

BiggusJimbus
01-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Bummer,
I was in Central Point over New Years. I should have come and seen you guys.
That'll teach me to not check the forums before making a move.

BajaMike
01-15-2006, 10:38 PM
I took a ride on one of those aluminum jet boat on the Rogue River near Grants Pass one time....what a blast!!!!
Check out this link..... :rollside:
Jet Boat Video (http://www.hellgate.com/Page.asp?NavID=46)
Fun stuff!!!
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Squirtin Thunder
01-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Any up date pic and progress reports ???

Rock-it man
01-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Its on schedule,should go into the paint booth within a week
will have it outside maybe monday and will get some good pics,the motors are about ready for the dyno.willpost a few pics later todaywhen Iget them resized. Thanks

Rock-it man
01-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Started another pic thread hope it works.

Boatcop
01-20-2006, 06:13 PM
The Coast Guard has been using aluminum boats for nearly 30 years. They found that maintenance was a bitch with the hulls painted. They ended up stripping the paint and running bare aluminum for their 41' footers after 15 years of re-coating them every 2-3 years. (except for bottom anti-foul)
The 41' Painted
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/UTB-41.jpg/300px-UTB-41.jpg
The new 47' footers specs called for bare hulls.
http://www.onr.com/user/rleo/USCG/Fortyseven_Foot/mlb2.jpg

scarabrick2
01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
I use to run a 50 ft aluminum boat fro the Navy and what a pain in the a$$ to keep the paint on it. Bottom paint every 2 yrs and repaint/strip every 2-3 yrs.