PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio Stock Price

moneypit
12-14-2005, 02:21 PM
I bought this stuff the day before Stearn announced leaving regular radio... Whats it going to do on Monday when he starts at Sirius??

Tittie Chaser
12-14-2005, 02:24 PM
"Stearn" starts on Monday, the 16th of January.

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd say him coming over and starting at Sirius is already reflected in the price of the stock.

MayDaze
12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
"Stearn" starts on Monday, the 16th of January.
"King of All Media" Howard Stern will begin broadcasting on SIRIUS on January 9, 2006. But Howard 100, our all-things-Stern channel is already broadcasting 24/7.

Supultlbich
12-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I think in the long run you wont see that much of a gain just from Howard Stearn, but I would hold on if you can, or maybe buy a bit more. We are keeping ours!

fat rat
12-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Whats the stock at now...........it hung around $6.50 for a long time.

OnlyMoney
12-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Can't wait until after Christmas and all those new subscriptions (including my parents).....woo hoo :rollside: :rollside:

Nord
12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I think in the long run you wont see that much of a gain just from Howard Stearn, but I would hold on if you can, or maybe buy a bit more. We are keeping ours!
The stock jumped after the announcement what are you talking about???
He starts in 16 days and 8 hours to be exact, but like said before, a bunch of channels already have started like Howard 100 news and what not!
However the stock will not increase because of him now.
If you want, invest in the company that makes the equipment, thats where the gains are right now!!

Nord
12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
This is when Howard let everyone know!! Hopefully it works??
http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/2y/s/siri

NorCal Gameshow
12-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I read his deal was $500 million for five years. :220v:
how much do they net per subscriber? economy of scale better kick in ;)

Flashover
12-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I bought some a while ago for .74 per share. I wont let go of it for a few more years still. It will get big, Its just going to take some time... :crossx:

f_inscreenname
12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Sold off hard Mon and Tues. Today was flat lined. Who knows what will happen. Look out for the next couple weeks. People will be selling for tax reasons but I am staying in SIRI.

NorCal Gameshow
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
here's a quote from sirius.com
"SIRIUS estimates that Stern only would need to generate approximately 1 million subscribers in order to cover the costs of the deal. Total production and operating costs for the Stern show, including compensation of the show cast and staff, overhead, construction costs for a dedicated studio, and a budget for the development of additional programming and marketing concepts, is estimated to be approximately $100 million per year. "

rodnjen
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I bought in for the technology and the affordability more than anything. I think things will head in this direction, but it may be years. I'm holding.

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't think the figure has ever been released, it's just been estimated. Howard says it's nowhere near that. I don't know who to believe.
It's $500 mill if he brings an extra 1 million subscribers during a specified time.
I think XM is more pervasive, I wouldn't be surprised if XM and Sirius don't merge and/or buy one another out sometime in the future.
I like both of them way better than FM. Well worth the money.
Thanks
CA Stu

Fast Freddy
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
currently i own 1,400 shares of sirius satellite. i will be purchasing another 2,800 shares come january 2nd. i just got sirius satellite installed in my truck yesterday. channel 23 the "hair nation" rocks!!! i signed up for the lifetime subscription which cost me a one time fee of $499. seeing how this is in my year 2005 ford F-150 that i plan on owning for the next 10 years this breaks down to a cost of $4.50 a month for me over the next 10 years. it only costs $6.50 a month to get it installed in another vehicle. of course you could always buy their portable system. even if i only keep the truck for 5 years its still breaks down to $9 a month. either way you slice it its alot cheaper than $12.95 a month. XM satellite has come down from its 52 week high of $42 a share and is currently trading at $29 a share. i think that this time next year XM will be at $20 a share and sirius will be at $15 a share. even if sirius is only at $10 a share i will still be rakin in the $$$. sirius has more new car contracts than XM and has no commercials unlike XM. the only thing XM has over sirius is better coverage with the 1500 repeaters they have on the ground. over the next 5 years sirius could install 1500 repeaters on the ground if they wanted too. my investment in sirius is more than just a short term play............... its long term. i know a thing or two about the radio industry as i am retired radio station owner. i am now primarily a stock investor so it only makes since that i would load up on sirius stock. i say howard stern and mel karmizan are gonna make me some mad money!!!! booyah skee daddy!!!!!

Fast Freddy
12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
me and jim cramer say...................... you can't afford not to listen!!!!!!!

Ultrafied
12-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Tried one of the portables. OK, but the sound just wasn't there. So .. I got a head unit ready for Sirius and the receiver. Only FM I listen to now is Howard in the morning. Just got a Sirius unit in the boat and works great!
Howard is only the tip ... if he does OK, watch out for the exodus of the bigger names on regular radio to be offered contracts with XM or Sirius.

Flying Tiger
12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Tried one of the portables. OK, but the sound just wasn't there. So .. I got a head unit ready for Sirius and the receiver. Only FM I listen to now is Howard in the morning. Just got a Sirius unit in the boat and works great!
Howard is only the tip ... if he does OK, watch out for the exodus of the bigger names on regular radio to be offered contracts with XM or Sirius.
Thats the buzz from other users too.
They need to team up with Bose or a high end / but for cheaper sound system builder for the portibles.