PDA

View Full Version : How can this teacher not be fired?

Seadog
12-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Guess what, kids? There's no such thing as Santa Claus!
That's what a suburban Dallas music teacher told first-graders on Monday — and the school's been hearing from parents ever since.
The angry phone calls prompted the Richardson school district to issue a pro-Santa statement.
The district announced that the offending teacher had heard from Santa Claus himself — who assurred the teacher that "the spirit of the holidays is alive and well." And Santa asked the teacher to pass that message along to students.
A district spokesman says the teacher won't face any disciplinary action. :burningm:

unleashed
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
:burningm:
How can you be fired for telling the truth??? :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't see it as a big deal. What next tell the kids there is no tooth fairy or Easter Bunny?

HocusPocus
12-14-2005, 02:49 PM
what the teacher didn't wasn't right, but it was the truth.. it really wasn't the teachers place to make that statement.

LHC30Victory
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
How can you be fired for telling the truth??? :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
And, what exactly is the truth here? Is is that there is no man named Santa Claus? Or is it that the spirit of Kris Kringle is dead and gone? Or is it something else?

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
:burningm:
We need more teachers like this one..... She did a good thing not lying to those kids..... Screw the stupid parents that want their kids to be lied to...
Eric

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
That's just mean :crossx: :crossx:
Send that F'er a 10 year old fruit cake and cram a lump of coal up his a$$. :mad: :mad:

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
We need more teachers like this one..... She did a good thing not lying to those kids..... Screw the stupid parents that want their kids to be lied to...
Eric
Grinch :crossx:

unleashed
12-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Im just playing.......I think he should have his ass kicked by Santa himself or at least an elf....do you think Charley might volunteer!:D
Seriously that is wrong and I would be having a talk with him.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Biglue
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Eric
Do you have any kids yourself? You must not be of Christian faith?

HM
12-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Eric
You just got put on the naughty list, li'l mister. :boxed:

YeLLowBoaT
12-14-2005, 02:57 PM
It is very hard to get a teacher fired. Unless they touch a kid( hit/ sexual in some way)they can basicly do anything and not get fired.

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:02 PM
I dont see the big deal, there isnt a Santa Claus, its not like the teacher was telling the kids lies. Next the teacher should say there is no such thing as god, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and the boogie man under the bed/int he closet

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm a Christian and I can't ever recall seeing or hearing about Santa Claus within the Church. The two having nothing to do with each other.

28Prowler525
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
No Santa Clause :cry:

Waldo
12-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I tell my students that if they don't behave Santa is not coming to their house!!! :crossx: :crossx:

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm a Christian and I can't ever recall seeing or hearing about Santa Claus within the Church. The two having nothing to do with each other.
Christian realting to X-mas and Santa being part of IT. Personally We enjoy the whole santa deal with our kids. It's tradition like it or not.
Now pull your panties out of the bunch they crawled into.

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
If youre going to contradict what their parents say, its best to have truth on your side

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2005, 03:13 PM
It's just another attack on the Christmas that we all knew as kids.
I remember decorating the class and putting up placards of Santa Claus and Rudolph. Christmas shows at school with Silent Night and Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.
In elementary school we even had a Santa's Shoppe to go and buy gifts from. Sure, the gifts were cheesy, but it was still in the spirit of Christmas.
All of that is begin gradually taken away from the season in favor the Holidays and the like and it's sad.
I don't have kids of my own, but I was in a situation for a few years where I was the father figure to a little girl and if her teacher had pulled this type of BS I would have been pissed. Yes, Santa does not exist, but c'mon, since when was it the teachers responsibility to tell kids that Santa is not real? Kids are only kids once and let them believe on these things as long as they want to. It serves absolutely no purpose to tell a child that Santa is not real. And to everyone that thinks it is terrible to lie to kids and go along with the existence of Santa until kids figure it out, get a clue, it aint hurting anyone.

Waldo
12-14-2005, 03:14 PM
It is very hard to get a teacher fired. Unless they touch a kid( hit/ sexual in some way)they can basicly do anything and not get fired.
I've witnessed teachers getting fired/not rehired for less than that (unsatisfactory teaching/lack of communication skills). Don't put out blanket statements that aren't true for ALL teachers.
Through training and continued education, I am legally able to prone students if they become a danger to themselves or others on campus. So should I be fired for touching a student???

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Dude.... are you serious??? This is what my House looks like as of 5 Minutes ago....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/59DSC00065.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/59DSC00066.JPG
How can you say I'm not in the Christian Faith? I'm Armenian for crying out loud.... the only Culture that nothing but Cristian... I JUST DONT LIKE LYING TO KIDS thats all..... Go ahead people... be pissed off because you dont like what that teacher did.... DONT YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT YOUR KIDS WILL BE PISSED OFF WHEN THEY REALLY FIND OUT THEIR IS NO SANTA???
ERIC

atomickitn
12-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't see it as a big deal. What next tell the kids there is no tooth fairy or Easter Bunny?
damm theres no easter bunny!...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :cry:

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
If you want to control everything your kids hear/learn in school, home school them

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
DONT YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT YOUR KIDS WILL BE PISSED OFF WHEN THEY REALLY FIND OUT THEIR IS NO SANTA???
ERIC
Are you serious? Pissed off that there is no Santa Claus? That would be the least of my worries as a parent.

superdave013
12-14-2005, 03:17 PM
but the real question here should be::::
Is she hot? And if so does she put out?? :crossx:

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 03:19 PM
its not my point Bud.... just dont like lying to them thats all.... i dont have kids (YET) but my sisters do... and i dont lie to them thats all.....
Eric

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 03:19 PM
but the real question here should be::::
Is she hot? And if so does she put out?? :crossx:
hehe... :D

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Dude.... are you serious??? This is what my House looks like as of 5 Minutes ago....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/59DSC00065.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/59DSC00066.JPG
How can you say I'm not in the Christian Faith? I'm Armenian for crying out loud.... the only Culture that nothing but Cristian... I JUST DONT LIKE LYING TO KIDS thats all..... Go ahead people... be pissed off because you dont like what that teacher did.... DONT YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT YOUR KIDS WILL BE PISSED OFF WHEN THEY REALLY FIND OUT THEIR IS NO SANTA???
ERIC
It's called tradition bro. Personally I think that telling a kid Santa does not exist should wait until they outgrow it. Just my view as a parent. Just a more traditional kind of thinking on my part I guess. I believe that denying your kid that whole myth of Santa deprives them of some good childhood memories. Yes I agree it's not true as far as reality but like I said it's tradition. Just my .02.

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
It's called tradition bro. Personally I think that telling a kid Santa does not exist should wait until they outgrow it. Just my view as a parent. Just a more traditional kind of thinking on my part I guess. I believe that denying your kid that whole myth of Santa deprives them of some good childhood memories. Yes I agree it's not true as far as reality but like I said it's tradition. Just my .02.
Gottcha!!!!
Eric

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 03:25 PM
If youre going to contradict what their parents say, its best to have truth on your side
The idea of Santa Claus is a real fun thing for little kids and just a bit of a tradition around most of the world.
If some sanctimonius moron thinks it their duty to lay out the truth to these poor abused children whose mean parents LIED to them, well that moron needs to get a life.
I'm about fed up with all the dam Grinchy a$$ attitudes about NO Santa, Freakin' HOLIDAY Trees, no nativity scenes, and all the CHRISTMAS bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've raised 2 wonderful daughters and have 4 grandkids. We love our holidays and all the good cheer and things to be thankful for here inthese great United States of America.
If you don't want to do Christmas in the wonderful traditional way that it's been done for so long and continue to enjoy all the great times and memories it creates, than go F yourself and get out of the way.
Kids grow up to quick as it is, allow them to have some innocent fun.

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
The idea of Santa Claus is a real fun thing for little kids and just a bit of a tradition around most of the world.
If some sanctimonius moron thinks it their duty to lay out the truth to these poor abused children whose mean parents LIED to them, well that moron needs to get a life.
I'm about fed up with all the dam Grinchy a$$ attitudes about NO Santa, Freakin' HOLIDAY Trees, no nativity scenes, and all the CHRISTMAS bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've raised 2 wonderful daughters and have 4 grandkids. We love our holidays and all the good cheer and things to be thankful for here inthese great United States of America.
If you don't want to do Christmas in the wonderful traditional way that it's been done for so long and continue to enjoy all the great times and memories it creates, than go F yourself and get out of the way.
Very well stated.
I respect other faith's holidays and traditions and I will not bitch about them being celebrated openly. Would be nice if people respected my traditional celebration of Christmas.

HM
12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds like we got some bitter people who didn't get a pony from Santa when they were younger?
Claus-o-meter (http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Elf=clausometer.mp3)
<embed src="http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Elf=clausometer.mp3" autostart="true" loop="false" width="0" height="0"></embed>
Hey...when did they remove the ability to put in embed files?

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
If you want to control everything your kids hear/learn in school, home school them
You little man are a JackA$$

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I dont see a problem with what the teacher did. id be fine if a teacher at my sons school told him that there is no such thing as god either, that the the idea of god was made up when man had no way of explaining how or why things worked and is now only used as a tool to control the masses.... like Santa is a tool to control kids.

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Christian realting to X-mas and Santa being part of IT. Personally We enjoy the whole santa deal with our kids. It's tradition like it or not.
Now pull your panties out of the bunch they crawled into.
mr. Kettle meet Mr. pot!
To be honest with you I could care less and find it how as a Christian you are getting all uptight about Santa Claus which actually detracts from teh true meaning of Christmas.

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I dont see a problem with what the teacher did. id be fine if a teacher at my sons school told him that there is no such thing as god either, that the the idea of god was made up when man had no way of explaining how or why things worked and is now only used as a tool to control the masses.... like Santa is a tool to control kids.
Nice entrance buddy. Your ass is now shreds.
Popcorn please.

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
mr. Kettle meet Mr. pot!
Nah........I don't wear any panties. I'm a free baller. :crossx:

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
The thing is we don't know the whole story. What if a child in the class asked the teacher, "Ms. Hoover my older brother told me there is no Santa Claus. Is that true?"
Not being a teacher nor having children yet how would you respond to that?

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
just dont see any point in lying to kids.

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
The thing is we don't know the whole story. What if a child in the class asked the teacher, "Ms. Hoover my older brother told me there is no Santa Claus. Is that true?"
By shutting the PHUCK UP. It's not up to her to stray from what the kids parents have instilled in them.

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey Bub, hang on while I run over to the Political Rhetoric section and get Steve1. He can explain your thoughts a little better than us calm folks over here in the tame world.
We'll get your attitude adjusted, you've apparently ate something that didn't sit well.

NorCal Gameshow
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I dont care what the facts are regarding Santa.
Its the willingness to destroy a childs belief and hurt the children that pisses me off. What did the teacher have to gain from saying something so hurtful to those kids?
Forensic
what forensic said...
I would like to know how the teacher told the kids...
if it was just a bitter teacher...
i'd transfer the teacher to the worst
high school in the district :crossx:

rivercrazy
12-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Its called Tenure. Tenure = BS

Blown Spectra
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
First off... Your the Moran!!!! and you can go F yourself!!!!
Second off... this tread is about a teacher who told the truth to a bunch of kids!!!
Third off... I love Christmas and love the holidays..... and their are many other ways other than SANTA to cheer your kids with during the holidays.... So dont tell me this is Grinchy..... Shut the F-up and enjoy the great memories and holiday cheer.... that both you and I are very well thankful for here inthese great United States of America!!!
Eric... :D

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
It's called common sense.
I do not understand how in the h e l l some people get out of bed and get their selves out of the house, much less function in the REAL world. These are 6-7 year old little kids for chrisesake! Let them enjoy some fun, or is fun Politically Incorrect?

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I would be more upset that a Teacher was lying to the kids than telling them the truth. Teachers arent paid to carry on the facades of the parents of their students. How many/were any of the students from house holds that didnt beleive in Santa (jahovas witnesses or other mythological religions that dont follow christian mythology and its teachings)?
If you want to control every single thing your kid is going to learn or hear, dont let that kid out of your site, they are going to venture in to the real world and eventually they will learn the truth.
I seriously doubt the teacher came out and said "everything your parents have told you about Santa is a lie, he doesnt exist" The teacher was likely asked if there was or wasnt a Santa Claus and the teacher told the truth.... sorry the truth isnt what you want your children to know

blown428fe
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Just Goes To Show You How Stupid The Smart Can Be. Not A Hint Of Common Sence. Saw A Book Worm Smart Ass In A High Class Mercedes Almost Hit A 12yr Old In A Cross Walk Today. He Was Stoped And The Kid Started To Walk Then The Car Started To Go.the Kid Had To Back Up And Then The Car Right Turned On Red. I Was Almost Out Of My Truck And He Sped Off. And Yes The Guy Did See The Kid, He Was Just Being A High Class Dick And Needed A Beating.

Biglue
12-14-2005, 03:54 PM
I would be more upset that a Teacher was lying to the kids than telling them the truth. Teachers arent paid to carry on the facades of the parents of their students. How many/were any of the students from house holds that didnt beleive in Santa (jahovas witnesses or other mythological religions that dont follow christian mythology and its teachings)?
If you want to control every single thing your kid is going to learn or hear, dont let that kid out of your site, they are going to venture in to the real world and eventually they will learn the truth.
I seriously doubt the teacher came out and said "everything your parents have told you about Santa is a lie, he doesnt exist" The teacher was likely asked if there was or wasnt a Santa Claus and the teacher told the truth.... sorry the truth isnt what you want your children to know
Those are assumptions you are making my friend.
I would be pissed if my kids teacher stepped into what we have instilled in our kids. No matter how you look at it, it's not her place to support what ever facade as you put it, or break it either.

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
First off... Your the Moran!!!! and you can go F yourself!!!!
Second off... this tread is about a teacher who told the truth to a bunch of kids!!!
Third off... I love Christmas and love the holidays..... and their are many other ways other than SANTA to cheer your kids with during the holidays.... So dont tell me this is Grinchy..... Shut the F-up and enjoy the great memories and holiday cheer.... that both you and I are very well thankful for here inthese great United States of America!!!
Eric... :D
Bite me!!!! I'll enjoy the holidays and Christmas, but not anything to do with YOU.
And it's spelled MorOn lame brain. Look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls, it's easy to find, your picture is right next to it.

Schmick
12-14-2005, 03:57 PM
so then whenever your kid asks their teacher a question the teacher should answer "what does your momma say?"
http://movieman316.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/waterboy1.jpg

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 04:13 PM
so then whenever your kid asks their teacher a question the teacher should answer "what does your momma say?"
http://movieman316.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/waterboy1.jpg
My momma said gators are ornery because they ain't got no one to brush their teeth.

Schmick
12-14-2005, 04:20 PM
and happiness comes from magic rays of sunshine that shine down on you when youre blue

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
The sound of thunder are angels bowling in heaven

Biglue
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
The sound of thunder are angels bowling in heaven
I thought it was when GOd had Mexican food for dinner. :crossx:

totenhosen
12-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I thought it was when GOd had Mexican food for dinner. :crossx:
Well my mom is right and my dad can beat up your dad. :rollside:

Schmick
12-14-2005, 04:37 PM
nuh uh, your mom is on welfare and your dad is in jail and thats why you cant have anything from the ice cream man

Sleek-Jet
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Lies or not, whatever happened to being a kid in this world? It never ceases to amaze me that we expect children today to pretty much skip the part of childhood labled "being a kid", and jump right to "adult". Santa Clause is a myth. Santa is not a lie, he's a commonly held belief, a legend, there's a difference.
I'm pretty much a grinchy mother-focker this time of year, but I wouldn't even dream of screwing up Santa Clause for my niece. She believes with all her heart that he exists, and therefore, he does.
What, no one on this board ever believed in something?? If that is true, you are all a bigger bunch of cynical bastards than I ever could have imagined.

RiverDave
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm still confused as to why people are saying there's no santa? Ole Chris and me go waaayyy back some 29 years now. I can assure you he is quite real.
RD

Schmick
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I beleive in being a cynical bastard
God, the tooth fairy, Budha, Allahand the easter bunny are myths too, but you dont send your kid to school to learn about them

Biglue
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Well my mom is right and my dad can beat up your dad. :rollside:
Well I bet my BUtch dyke aunt will handle your dad. :D

Schmick
12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
"Hell my grandma moves faster and hits harder than you guys do, course shes 6-4 260, runs a 4.5 forty"
-Lee HS Football coach

Ziggy
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
For faith's and beleifs the teacher has no business telling kids one thing or the other :mad: . The response should be "Ask your parents, they'll know".

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
DONT YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT YOUR KIDS WILL BE PISSED OFF WHEN THEY REALLY FIND OUT THEIR IS NO SANTA???
ERIC
Did your parents have any kids that weren't complete and total morons?
Thanks
CA Stu

Old Texan
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Lies or not, whatever happened to being a kid in this world? It never ceases to amaze me that we expect children today to pretty much skip the part of childhood labled "being a kid", and jump right to "adult". Santa Clause is a myth. Santa is not a lie, he's a commonly held belief, a legend, there's a difference.
I'm pretty much a grinchy mother-focker this time of year, but I wouldn't even dream of screwing up Santa Clause for my niece. She believes with all her heart that he exists, and therefore, he does.
What, no one on this board ever believed in something?? If that is true, you are all a bigger bunch of cynical bastards than I ever could have imagined.
Yes sir!

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Indeed. Children are children for a very short while, then they're adults for a long long time.
Unless you are a complete wanker, you should be able to understand that your responsibility as a parent is to allow your children as much of a happy, blissfully ignorant childhood as you can.
Thanks
CA Stu

Schmick
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I dont think teachers are paid to pass along myths, Id prefer they just stick with the truth and prepare kids for the next grade/college/grad school/ the real world

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I dont think teachers are paid to pass along myths, Id prefer they just stick with the truth and prepare kids for the next grade/college/grad school/ the real world
You misspelled your name, schmuck.
Thanks
CA Stu

jbtrailerjim
12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
I think the teacher should have just STFU if him/her was asked the question. It is not there place to tell a bunch of first graders there is no such thing as Santa Claus. What the hell is wrong with some people nowadays? It's OK for kids to believe in Santa Claus. It won't hurt them. They will grow out of believing in him and will be fine.
I have two kids 2yr & a 4yr old and let me tell you, it is the coolest thing to see them on Christmas morning and see the look on there face when they see the stuff they think Santa left for them. I feel sorry for kids who have parents that deprive them of this fun while they are a kid. They are not a kid for very long and it will be some of the best memories they will have for the rest of there lives.

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I think the teacher should have just STFU if him/her was asked the question. It is not there place to tell a bunch of first graders there is no such thing as Santa Claus. What the hell is wrong with some people nowadays? It's OK for kids to believe in Santa Claus. It won't hurt them. They will grow out of believing in him and will be fine.
I have two kids 2yr & a 4yr old and let me tell you, it is the coolest thing to see them on Christmas morning and see the look on there face when they see the stuff they think Santa left for them. I feel sorry for kids who have parents that deprive them of this fun while they are a kid. They are not a kid for very long and it will be some of the best memories they will have for the rest of there lives.
Absolutely!
I have 3 kids: 9, 10, and 2. We go out Christmas Eve and throw sugar cubes on top of the house for treats for the reindeer.
I'm sure the 10 year old is getting wise, but he's a good big brother and he doesn't let on in front of the other two.
He is a lot smarter than some of the peanut brains posting in this thread, I reckon.
Thanks
CA Stu

mike37
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Teacher should not even attempt to address this type of issue
they need to refer the kids to their parents for the answers to this type of questions from students
its not the teachers place

Schmick
12-14-2005, 05:49 PM
my kid is 10, I was never married to his mom, and he figured out pretty early that Santa wasnt the one leaving him all the things at both houses.... plus he told me when he was about 5 he saw a bunch of stuff, that Santa supposedly brought to him in, a bag in his moms closet a few days before Christmas.
I wouldnt want to put myself in that teachers position but if the teacher is going to say something in that situation, theyre better off telling the truth.
I dont think a teacher can just say "ask your parents" in situations like that cause then you start down that slippery slope of "faith" that nobody wants to be taught in public schools

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Interesting thread. No comment at this time.

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
my kid is 10, I was never married to his mom
Chicken sh*t, explains a lot.
Thanks
CA Stu

riverrunner
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
my kid is 10, I was never married to his mom, and he figured out pretty early that Santa wasnt the one leaving him all the things at both houses.... plus he told me when he was about 5 he saw a bunch of stuff, that Santa supposedly brought to him in, a bag in his moms closet a few days before Christmas.
I wouldnt want to put myself in that teachers position but if the teacher is going to say something in that situation, theyre better off telling the truth.
I dont think a teacher can just say "ask your parents" in situations like that cause then you start down that slippery slope of "faith" that nobody wants to be taught in public schools
Judging by your avatar it looks like you smoke, no big deal, but when your 10 year old asks if you do, what do you say mister "you're better off telling the truth"?
I'm sick of jackazzes like you trying to justify your own ineptness as a parent by twisting around a subject like this. So you sucked at being a Santa and all the other kids shouldn't be able to believe in it. STFU.

riverrunner
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Telling kids how babies are conceived would be the truth as well, but entirely inappropriate for 1st graders. Some subject matter is age appropriate, telling 1st graders that there's no Santa Claus is as age inappropriate as telling them about sex.
I was thinking the same thing. Well said.

haulina29
12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
This Schmuck has got to be CATMANDO :crossx:

NorCal Gameshow
12-14-2005, 08:05 PM
This Schmuck has got to be CATMANDO :crossx:
Great ... :rolleyes:

hoolign
12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
There's no Santa??? Well that's bullshit! he told me he was gonna feed the reigndeer exlax before they passed over Shockwavebobs house...I'm writting back :mad: :mad:

Waldo
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Teacher should not even attempt to address this type of issue
they need to refer the kids to their parents for the answers to this type of questions from students
its not the teachers place
As a teacher...I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!!!!
So you lied to your child huh??? Shouldn't you have told him the truth at 18 to 24 months old??? Don't be a hypocrite...How do we, as teachers, know EXACLY what you as parents instill within your child (i.e., faith/morals/myths)??? We don't teach "Faith" in public schools. Public schools actually teach a section of Darwinism in science. What is your arguement in your last comment?
I'm sick of jackazzes like you trying to justify your own ineptness as a parent by twisting around a subject like this. So you sucked at being a Santa and all the other kids shouldn't be able to believe in it. STFU.
Exactly...a parent is the PRIMARY teacher in a child's life...please don't forget that a child learns more in their first five years of life than all their additional years put together! With that said...THEIR PARENTS ARE THEIR PRIMARY TEACHERS IN LIFE BEFORE THE PUBLIC/PRIVATE SCHOOL ONES.
End of soapbox :crossx:

hoolign
12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Tell him to stop by and I'll give him your piping hot cup of STFU.
I'm sure you have an ample supply of STFU. :rollside:

hoolign
12-14-2005, 08:30 PM
The ampleness of my supply is unlimited.
For some reason I don't find that hard to believe ... You have likely been given barrels upon barrels...of STFU
:idea:

Boa1277
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
The bottom line is everyone comes from different beliefs and family values, your idea of the truth might not be someone elses. Just because you dont believe in god does not mean other people dont, and it is called respect for fellow man to allow people to believe in whatever they want to believe, this f-in country was founded on those type of beliefs. The teacher was in the wrong to influence a 6yr old, it is up to the teacher being the adult to get out of that question very easily. If a six yr old asked me what I wanted from
Santa I would tell him a 2006 450, now I know there is no Santa but why do I need to burst a kids bubble because I happen to know differently. Scmick I would hate to be your kid I am sure he will grow up to be a opinionated a s s like yourself.

hoolign
12-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, most of the time people give them to me on the internet when they're hiding behind their keyboard. In real life, I don't think anyone has ever given me a barrel of STFU.
Never...not once.???? oh STFU ... you cant be that tough..or then again maybe you can.. Hell, I haven't won every fight I been in, nor has anyone I know.. seriously???? not once?? Holy Smokes!
:rollside:

hoolign
12-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Sorry about the hijak ....
as for the teacher.. Way to traumatize the little kids ! that's the cool thing I remember about being a kid( amongst alot of others) Writing my letter to Santa, listening for the reigndeer Christmas eve, trying to catch him in the living room, leaving him cookies etc...then there was the easter bunny, tooth fairy, and that SOB monsters under my bed. Things you tend to forget as you grow up. Which is the key"growing up" let the kids believe and find out as the mature. No one has the right to rob a child of the innocent and naieve ways we all used to think.

hoolign
12-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I never said that. I've had my ass kicked plenty, just like everybody. I'm saying that people dont routinely walk up to me and give me a barrel of STFU. Just like people don't walk up to my wife and call her a slut.
Well ...when I fianlly get allowed across the border..after I get together with some other peeps..I'll look ya up and give ya "two cups of STFU" since the US gallon is bigger than the Canadian gallon. and what's your wife got to do with this ?? if she meets me she'll wanna leave ya anyways :rollside:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, I'm ready now.
That teacher is a dumba$$ pushing his own agenda. I hate teachers who have an agenda. Just teach the info without your personal commentary, please. I hated that crap in high school, college, and I hate it now.
That being said, I don't think he can be fired for telling the truth. He might get stuck with a remedial 6th grade class next year, but not fired. Oh, and transferred to a crappy low performing school, also. If I was an administrator an he caused me that much trouble, I would make sure he wanted to quit my school or district and go somewhere else.
What a meany. :yuk:

Schmick
12-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Chicken sh*t, explains a lot.
Thanks
CA Stu
She was a b1tch, you ever meet her you'd understand... She's on husband #3 in the last 8 years though. I dont have to marry or love his mom to be a good dad.

Schmick
12-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Judging by your avatar it looks like you smoke, no big deal, but when your 10 year old asks if you do, what do you say mister "you're better off telling the truth"?
I dont smoke, I just thought the av was funny, and the avs I have of the bouncing t1ts I wasn't sure if that would fly on this site.
How was I a sucky Santa? I never told my kid one way or the other, he was at my house on Christmas day when he was about 5 and said that he found the stuff Santa brought him in his moms closet a few days before Christmas and he didnt think there was a Santa Claus, I asked him who he thought got him the new Cobra 50 and he said, "it was you, Santa doesnt bring motorcycles"

Schmick
12-14-2005, 10:26 PM
So you lied to your child huh??? Shouldn't you have told him the truth at 18 to 24 months old??? Don't be a hypocrite...How do we, as teachers, know EXACLY what you as parents instill within your child (i.e., faith/morals/myths)??? We don't teach "Faith" in public schools. Public schools actually teach a section of Darwinism in science. What is your arguement in your last comment?
I understand that schools teach science and not science fiction like Christian Mythology or Santa Claus, I also said that if the teacher is asked a direct question about Santa existing, they can have no right answer since not all kids are going to beleive or celebrate Christmas the way Christian Mythologists do with the fat guy in the red suit (which is only red because of Coca-Cola advertisements) and that simply telling the truth is the least of all evils.

SoCal_fun
12-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Eric
What dumbass hole did you crawl out of?? :mad:
How old are you, do you have any kids??

Dusty Times
12-15-2005, 05:14 AM
COMMON SENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It should be a requirement to be a teacher. In this case it was obviously not. I have a daughter in first grade and I would probably be tossed in jail after I finished with the teacher that ruined my kids fun and memories as a child. Wether the teacher believes in Santa or believes that kids should it is not their place to break down that belief.
There are many other issues of fact that it takes common sence for a teacher not to tell a six or seven year old. Please refer to line one.

Seadog
12-15-2005, 06:44 AM
First, he did not tell one student, he told an entire class.
Second, if he had scruples against lying to the children, he would not have agreed to the story about Santa Claus visiting him.
Almost all adults realize that Santa does not exist in the actual world, but he does exist as an embodiment of our faith and our hopes. He exists as a symbol of an ideal hope for all.
I am sure that if he had been fired, the ACLU would have been all over this. Yet, I would have at least expected a reprimand in his record. This is tantamount to saying there is no God, or Allah, or Budha. It is denouncing a symbol of faith.
If a student had gone to the teacher and asked whether there is a Santa Claus, the correct response would have been "What do you think?" If the child answered yes, then you say that is all that matters. If the child says no, then the teachers has to find out if it is because he didn't get what he wanted last year or has lost faith. The best answer to explain grinches is to explain that much of Santa Claus is in the heart. That he lives as long as you hold him within yourself. If you keep it simple, it can be a great way to educate a child.
Most children are aware of where the presents come from long before they accept the inevitable fact. Yet, at the same time, most of them recognize what the spirit of the season is about. Christmas is a magical time for those who hold the spirit within their lives. It is a mechanism that we have to accept the loss of one year's nice weather and endure the harshness of winter until the coming spring. Christmas can also be rough on those who have loss or lack of family, but the true spirit should be to extend our happiness with those who have little to be happy about.
We don't have all the details about this teacher's actions, but we also cannot allow him to demolish the imagination and hope of the children.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-15-2005, 07:41 AM
First, he did not tell one student, he told an entire class.
Second, if he had scruples against lying to the children, he would not have agreed to the story about Santa Claus visiting him.
Almost all adults realize that Santa does not exist in the actual world, but he does exist as an embodiment of our faith and our hopes. He exists as a symbol of an ideal hope for all.
I am sure that if he had been fired, the ACLU would have been all over this. Yet, I would have at least expected a reprimand in his record. This is tantamount to saying there is no God, or Allah, or Budha. It is denouncing a symbol of faith.
If a student had gone to the teacher and asked whether there is a Santa Claus, the correct response would have been "What do you think?" If the child answered yes, then you say that is all that matters. If the child says no, then the teachers has to find out if it is because he didn't get what he wanted last year or has lost faith. The best answer to explain grinches is to explain that much of Santa Claus is in the heart. That he lives as long as you hold him within yourself. If you keep it simple, it can be a great way to educate a child.
Most children are aware of where the presents come from long before they accept the inevitable fact. Yet, at the same time, most of them recognize what the spirit of the season is about. Christmas is a magical time for those who hold the spirit within their lives. It is a mechanism that we have to accept the loss of one year's nice weather and endure the harshness of winter until the coming spring. Christmas can also be rough on those who have loss or lack of family, but the true spirit should be to extend our happiness with those who have little to be happy about.
We don't have all the details about this teacher's actions, but we also cannot allow him to demolish the imagination and hope of the children.
Well said.

totenhosen
12-15-2005, 08:38 AM
COMMON SENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spell check is your friend!

Schmick
12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
for 30k a year you want all that from a teacher? you get what you pay for, you dont buy a 10hp outboard and expect big block performance. This teacher is not a shrink, its not their job to teach some snot nosed kid about whats in their heart and what they beleive in.... teach them how to add, read, write and seek the truth, let their parents or guardian program them with all the other crap.
Its all about the STAR tests now, schools arent concerned with childrens well being or mental health, they are only concerned with how those kids do on standardized tests since that is what their pay is based off of.
If this teacher walked in to the classromm and said, "ok boys and girls, there is no such thing as Santa Claus, its just a lie your parents are telling you" then have issues with the teacher but if a student asked the teacher, Id rather the teacher be honest.

Schmick
12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Spell check is your friend!
RACK!

Seadog
12-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Before making blanket statements about teacher pay, you ought to check your facts. You will never get teacher's pay to be as high as desired, nor should you. The more you pay, the more you attract the mercenary elements. You need to pay enough to keep good teachers content, but it is just as important to provide support in other ways. Teachers should not: Be asked to pay for basic class supplies; Be required to be a babysitter for the handicapped; Be attacked by parents when their child fails due to poor home support; Accept being attacked by students; Substitute for the parents in raising the kids.
As for being honest, there is being honest, such as telling one student that Santa is a symbol of good and love of mankind, and there is butally honest, telling a class of children: "There aint no Santa and only the rich kids get any presents".