PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Wickens

vdriver4ever
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
My Dad, Don Minegar would like to find a Wickens he can fix up. He would love to find one he may have built in the 60's. If anyone knows of one out there please let us know. He has talked about an Aqua Craft too if the right one came along.

FLATMVN
12-14-2005, 06:30 PM
My Dad, Don Minegar would like to find a Wickens he can fix up. He would love to find one he may have built in the 60's. If anyone knows of one out there please let us know. He has talked about an Aqua Craft too if the right one came along.
Hey Vdriver, I have a 1975 Wickens or a 67-69 Aquacraft ( not quite sure of the year on the Aquacraft ) for sale. If you are interested send me your e-mail address and I can send you som pics. If you are really interested maybe we can make a deal on both.
Thanks Louis. :) :) :)

CircleJerk
12-14-2005, 11:52 PM
How would you like a brand new 1967 long deck balsa floor Wickens? Only been wet a hand full of times! Formerly Fred Wickens #1 out of the mold? It resides in Spokane just as Fred rigged it for circle racing. The boat needs nothing and sits on an all wood trailer. The owner would sell since he has no time to Nostalgia race it, I have video of it. Nice Nice nice.

vdriver4ever
12-15-2005, 05:48 AM
FLATMVN
Please send photos to patm@a1heating.com
send photos to also mslou83642@cableone.net
Cirlcemyman.....
I have heard of this boat. Any pictures? Price?
Pat

bigriverdog
12-15-2005, 06:39 AM
How would you like a brand new 1967 long deck balsa floor Wickens? Only been wet a hand full of times! Formerly Fred Wickens #1 out of the mold? It resides in Spokane just as Fred rigged it for circle racing. The boat needs nothing and sits on an all wood trailer. The owner would sell since he has no time to Nostalgia race it, I have video of it. Nice Nice nice.
I might be interested in that. Can you send me some photos and a possible $

FLATMVN
12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
FLATMVN
Please send photos to patm@a1heating.com
send photos to also mslou83642@cableone.net
Cirlcemyman.....
I have heard of this boat. Any pictures? Price?
Pat
vdriver
I sent you some photos of both boats and my number to call if you need more info or pics.
Thank you again for your intrest.
Louis. :) :)

CircleJerk
12-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Boy there are some great stories I could tell about this boat. Some of you saw it in the Classic V-Drive news or on Ebay where someone in Spokane won the bid at 3500!! That was me! Of course, the reserve was higher but, I got the owners number and arranged a private meeting and show in Independance Oregon. There we visited the former home of Fred and his neighbor who had inherited the estate! We were told, Fred took a liking to the couple next door and in his garage he built and repaired vintage airplane parts. His driveway was an airplane taxiway! But Fred had the only hanger-garage filled with boats! This boat along with two others sat covered all its life! He made numerous improvements over time so he could show his customers just what they were buying. The 'Mr Wickens' 18' runabout had NEVER been wet until two banjo playing Nosties barged in! It only took money to buy all of the remaining Wickens estate and we packed my truck full and we replaced the ancient 6.10X15 bald trailer tire with another not showing its cords.
Freds final project (now for sale) was a drag hydro he had built for the lady in the neighbors house! It was this lady and her husband , I am told, he made his last deal with.....take care of me to the end and all my boats are yours!
There are so many other stories but here is the best one: Fred had a Jag with a Lingenfelter 383 and built in TV. Fred was caught speeding on I-5 and the officer had to wait until Fred was finished watching a segment of Jeopardy, his favorite show! He just held up his hand and watched the final minutes while the officer just stood next to the Jag steaming! Yes, Fred got a ticket!

bigriverdog
12-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Do you have any photos or video you can forward me? I am interested.
robert.nickell@verizon.net