PDA

View Full Version : 411 Success Lake?

Havasu Luvr
05-16-2006, 05:51 AM
The extended family is talking about the old times when they use to do a weekend @ Success Lake many years ago. Mrs. HL's parents think it would be nice to do a family BBQ weekend trip with all the family. I am just wondering about this lake other then what I have found on the web. Camp sites? Boating Launching (29' shockwave)?, Rental Boat (pontoon)? What time of year is best for 60 and 70 year old parents? I would need to reserve 2-3 camp sites that are close together sometime late Sept. According to the America Reservation system there is plenty of open camp sites for the time of year I am thinking about. etc...etc...etc... thanks in advance HBF peeps

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Never heard of it, where is it?

Havasu Luvr
05-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Never heard of it, where is it?
Just outside of Porterville, Ca.

jpeaston
05-16-2006, 07:59 AM
if your talking about the lake by Porterville, CA. It is a small, quiet, fishing lake. Very relaxing and nice, but not a good place for speed runs. Unless its a busy weekend you don't need reservations.

Havasu Luvr
05-16-2006, 08:05 AM
if your talking about the lake by Porterville, CA. It is a small, quiet, fishing lake. Very relaxing and nice, but not a good place for speed runs. Unless its a busy weekend you don't need reservations.
:rolleyes: My boat is not set up for speed... :cool: it's a cruiser and a floater. I am thinking about taking a drive up there in the next few weeks just to checkit out.

Beer-30
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Been boating on that lake since I was a kid. Haven't taken Beer-30 up there yet, though.
Not a good time of year for 70 yr olds unless they are used to Havasu heat, because it's hotter there than Success. About 95 right now.
It is full, due to run-off. Lots of nice campsites/RV hookups. Marina store, fuel.
Refresh this thread when you plan to check it out. If we are free, maybe we'll head that way too. About an hour from me.

JetBoatRich
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Camped there last year, small lake and we did not care to much for the crowd by the water :rolleyes: who could not speak english. When we were there, the lake is away from the camp grounds which I feel is a negative :yuk: if the water is up, you maybe OK.
The last day there, me a a friend set up a beach area with the ez-up and chairs. We launched my boat, he went to get the rest of the group in the truck. I boated up to our beach area and the ez-up was moved into the water with a mexican family sitting in our chairs in the water. I tried to explain to them it was our stuff, they No ENGLISH, got up and moved. We moved our stuff out of the water and could not help but laugh :cool: