PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

imagine that
11-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I am new here and have a question.
I have a Hawaiian 19 mini, and was wondering what kind of speeds the hull is capable of?

I know my hull has a hook in it, so do I fix it or find something that can handle higher speeds.

I am at 69mph on gps now.

Thanks in advance.

shaun
11-07-2010, 09:41 AM
It's my understanding that the Hawaiian hulls were not all that great of a hull. They were fine for the adverage river boat but when it comes to performance they fall short. I wouldnt waste the money doing anything to that boat that couldnt be moved into your next boat. If your looking to go fast, start saving and get a tunnel hull. I've spent a ton of money trying to get make my Anthony hull somthing it's not and now that it's running in the high 90's it's has a very unsafe feeling. It just wasnt designed to run that fast. I'm saving for a tunnel.

imagine that
11-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks shaun.
That is what I was told, I can't find anything that is affordable.
I haven't done anything major to it, really only a split bowl and place diverter

shaun
11-08-2010, 09:37 AM
How much HP you think your putting down? If you want to put some money into it, put it into things that can be moved into your next boat. I wouldnt mess with the bottom or with setting the intake back.

Do you have a droop on it?

imagine that
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I think HP should be in the 425-450 range.
There is a droop on it.
The boat came with some kind of loader in it.
I am spinning an AB impeller at 4750-4800 rpm.
I just put the split bowl and droop on it and it feels better, but I did not have the gps that day, and the season is done over here.