PDA

View Full Version : Dog Beaches in OC

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I am headed down to Orange County this weekend(Disneyland) and the dog is coming with. I need to find a Dog friendly beach and directions. Can anyone help?

Danhercules
05-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I am headed down to Orange County this weekend(Disneyland) and the dog is coming with. I need to find a Dog friendly beach and directions. Can anyone help?
I know there is one in Huntington Beach, but not sure were. Maybe on their website?
Dog Beach (http://www.dogbeach.org/)

Windy
05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
North of PCH and Warner is doggie beach...bring trash bags to clean up after your dog poops.

Windy
05-16-2006, 09:08 AM
They have the bags there on little posts to use.
Yes they do....but if we want to keep dog beach open we must keep dog beach clean. I always bring bags with me just in case.

rivergoer
05-16-2006, 09:08 AM
PCH and Warner is doggie beach...bring trash bags to clean up after your dog poops.
i live in hb and yes it is on pch but not pch and warner...its south of warner..right before the pier. its a preety cool dog beach i take mine there all the time.. have fun and just clean up after your selves.. some a$$ holes like to leave their dog mess on the beacyh for others to step in.

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the help...I think that this might work the best. Don't worry I will clean up after my dog.
http://www.dogbeach.org/map.html

Windy
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the help...I think that this might work the best. Don't worry I will clean up after my dog.
http://www.dogbeach.org/map.html
You can always hit up the Park Bench Cafe at Central Park in HB...you can have lunch with your dog there...they have a doggie menue. If you go on sunday make sure you have reservations. :)

Windy
05-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I agree with you Windy.....My dogs both passed away last year but I sometimes park in that area before taking a walk and watch the dogs.
So sorry Tom...definitely my favorite part of the beach.

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
You can always hit up the Park Bench Cafe at Central Park in HB...you can have lunch with your dog there...they have a doggie menue. If you go on sunday make sure you have reservations. :)
Is that on the beach that we are talking about???

Windy
05-16-2006, 09:33 AM
No...its at Central Park in HB...not far from the beach.

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Alright, I might have to look into that...thanks.

Windy
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Look here...
www.parkbenchcafe.com

NeedlesNut
05-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Dog beach is great - South of Warner just before Goldenwest Street - Metered parking but great place for the pooch.... Once done there you have the Park Bench Cafe to hit with the dog for treats. Human food is great there & great Breakfast!

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Dog beach is a the intersection of Goldenwest and PCH. If you are going down goldenwest towards the beach turn left on PCH and park right there on the side of PCH. Do beach is from the lifeguard tower North all the way to where the cliffs stop. You cant miss it.
We live 1/2 mile from dog beach and take our dogs there all the time. It's great for the dogs.

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 09:54 AM
No...its at Central Park in HB...not far from the beach.
Windy,
What part of HB are you from?

All IN
05-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Did you know that Disneyland has a kennel in front of the main entrance?? :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all the help...I am going to try to make it to Park Bench, but they are closed on Monday so that might cause a problem. But I am definitely going to the beach.

WYRD
05-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Wave on your way through Tyson :crossx:

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I will throw it up when I cruise past your house...I'll let the dog out to pee on your lawn :cool:

Legal Chemistry
05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Dog beach in HB is great. Just north of Golden West at PCH. There's also some neighborhood dog friendly beaches in Huntington Harbour. They aren't meant for dogs, but you can take them there in the safety of the harbour and swim around w/em. Check out Edgewater Lane/Davenport zip 92649 (mapquest.) It's a quiet neighborhood beach -so be respectful :).

NeedlesNut
05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
In that same area there is the Sunset Aquatic Beach/Park. It's at the end of Edinger. just before you cross the bridge go left. Again neighborhood beach so gotta be respectful..... zip 92646

Debbolas
05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Goldenwest is the doggie beach, PCH & Goldenwest............right?
:crossx:

NeedlesNut
05-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Yep, that's the one!

Debbolas
05-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I grew up in Huntington, my mom,dad & sis still live there (oh and my oldest daughter, going to college)
;)

Caribbean Jet
05-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Make sure that your dog has all of its shots before you take it down to a dog beach. There are alot of dog bugs down there... I wouldn't take a pup under 5 months down there.

Run_em_Hard
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Make sure that your dog has all of its shots before you take it down to a dog beach. There are alot of dog bugs down there... I wouldn't take a pup under 5 months down there.
He is two and my old lady is a vet assistant so the dog is up to date on everything. He gets pampered.