PDA

View Full Version : Quick Clean/Shine for boat?? Recommended cleaners?

BoaterX
05-16-2006, 10:22 AM
The last guy to work on my boat got his dirty paws all over my interior and exterior of the boat. It's not real bad, but I need to clean it up before I deliver to the new owner and I do not have the time to get it detailed or want to spend the money on a detail job, since it's practically sold.
Any recommendations on a cleaner for the interior (white marine vinyl) and something to give the hull a nice shine? I don't want to bring out the buffer, just a quick clean and shine for int and ext.

Just foreplay
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Try Meguiars NXT generation tech wax for the exterior.
It a liquid wax, so it goes on easy. Leaves a "nice" shine that is baby *utt smooth when you get done..
When I use it on my junk, it takes two people to put the cover on, because it wants to keep slipping off one side or the other..
Interior--I've tried many, but have not found an outstanding one yet...

ULTRA26 # 1
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
The last guy to work on my boat got his dirty paws all over my interior and exterior of the boat. It's not real bad, but I need to clean it up before I deliver to the new owner and I do not have the time to get it detailed or want to spend the money on a detail job, since it's practically sold.
Any recommendations on a cleaner for the interior (white marine vinyl) and something to give the hull a nice shine? I don't want to bring out the buffer, just a quick clean and shine for int and ext.
Vinyl Sauce for the interior and Quickie Sauce for the exterior.
Best boat cleaning products available
John M

2forcefull
02-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Vinyl Sauce for the interior and Quickie Sauce for the exterior.
Best boat cleaning products available
John M
yeah what he said, I buy the sauce by the 5 gallons

Deano
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I haven't tried the sauce yet. I am planning on buying a couple gallons for this summer. As far as interior. I have tried everything possible, even bleaching. The only thing that worked for me is the magic eraser by, I think, Mr. Clean. That shit is absolutely unbelievable. My interior is like new...try it. It is like a sponge. You just rub your interior while wet and rinse..you'll be sold.
EDIT...I just read the first post,lol. Hopefully he got it clean in the last nine months. Anyone else should try it though....amazing reslults without a spot, no matter how hard you scrubbed it with something else.