PDA

View Full Version : Best place to launch at Berryessa

grads2112
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
What is the best/closest place to launch with a decent ramp at Lake Berryessa if I am coming from Sacramento?

abraman1326
05-16-2006, 11:18 AM
My guess would be Markley Cove at the south end of the lake. If I were you, I'd drive 80 to Davis, 113 north to hwy 128 in Davis, and head trward Winters. Continue on up 128 to Berryessa and you'll come to Markley. The only problem w/ Markley is it fills pretty fast, and you have to get there early, or leave your rig on the road. They just repaved some of the launch ramp a couple weeks ago, and got rid of the pot holes that were up there. I'm in Vacaville, and it's 30 min from my driveway till I have the boat in the water at Markley. Hope this helps. Another way to drive it would be to head to Vacaville and go up 505 to 128. That might be easier as 505 is a 4 lane hwy and I think 128 is a 2 lane rural road through Davis and Winters. Good luck. When you heading up?
BRA

grads2112
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
That definitely helps. The parking thing concerns me a bit. I'm about 55' in length (truck and trailer). Do you see that being a problem? I'm planning on going there on Saturday and hopefully arriving by 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Does highway 128 run directly into Markley Cove?

acatitude
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey Greg Markley cove is usually crowded as hell. id go 15 minutes farther up to pleasure cove or just come around to stelle park where a lot of us are at. take 113 from 80/50 and take russell off ramp it turns into 128 and goes right my damn markleys pleasure cove and around to where you turn off for steele park. pleasure cove is definetly where i launch from when im not stayin over night.

acatitude
05-16-2006, 12:06 PM
id say even from roseville if yu left at 730 youd be at pleasure a little after 9. we are all meeting at the damn at 10 am. on saturday . turn right when you leave pleasure cove and just wind around and youll get to the damn

abraman1326
05-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I think you should be ok at Markley that early. On reg (not holiday weekends), I usually get to the resort about 10-11, and parking isn't an issue that early. Pleasure cove is another nice place. It takes about another 15-20 mins to get there. After you pass MArkly on the right hand side going south west on 128 you'll go over a mountain, after you get to the bottom of it, there will be a turn off to get to pleasure cove. There is a little sign about 10 ft. off the ground letting you know to turn. Continue up that rd, I think it's 3 miles and you'll run straight into it. If you continue on 128, you'll come to the interchange for 121/ 128 in about another 15 mins. You make a right at the interchange which is still 128, and then another immediate right onto what I believe is Steele Park Rd, or something like that. When you make the turn, you'll see a bar on your right, and an old closed down gas station on your left. Continue on up that rd. for a while, 3 miles as well I believe, and you'll come to the resort. Hope this helps. Are you going to meet up w/ us thisd weekend?
BRA

deltarat
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey just my two cents but I beleive that Steel Park is your best bet. Nice place to launch, lots of parking and there will be plenty of Hot Boaters there to give you a hand if you need it. See ya on Sat.

abraman1326
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
On Sat, might as well hit Spanish Flats then as well as we'll be there as well. I think he was looking for the quickest place to launch from him. But now he know's the nicest as well. Good luck, and we hope to see you on Sat.
BRA

John.
05-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I've launched from Markley twice and never had an issue with crowding or parking. I've gotten there before 10am both times though too. It's easy to launch there, parking spots are long enough for your bohemoth and it's 20 minutes closer than the next launch site. at least stop in and see if there is room. The damn is at the end of the 5mph zone off of Markley.
Don't drive down to Vacaville. It's an extra 45 minutes or so. Go through Davis to Winters.
My sister in law is getting married on Saturday. I have to go, so I will miss the Saturday events at Berryessa. If I can convince Greg to come back on Sunday, I will be there.

acatitude
05-16-2006, 05:23 PM
why do you need greg to go???? get that bad boy out here enough excuses

Eliminator 4 Life
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
That definitely helps. The parking thing concerns me a bit. I'm about 55' in length (truck and trailer). Do you see that being a problem? I'm planning on going there on Saturday and hopefully arriving by 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Does highway 128 run directly into Markley Cove?
shiet u bringing that lil dingy down Im about 53 in length should I get a D row sign for the back "wideload" :)

grads2112
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
why do you need greg to go???? get that bad boy out here enough excuses
I am the official tow boat of the West Coast F**ker.

acatitude
05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I am the official tow boat of the West Coast F**ker.
lmao :cry: :cry:

Familycat
05-17-2006, 07:11 AM
We have always had great luck with Steele Park. Lots of room. Safe, secure property. Maybe I am just biased because we as well as many other hot boaters will be there this weekend. Eliminators, Halletts, Stokers, Carreras, HTMs all in a row. Brings a tear to my eye. Join us if you like.
Rick

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
05-17-2006, 07:19 AM
ULTRAJOHN my friend tiffany is getting married saturday.My wife does not want me to go in morning. So I might get up and leave before she wakes up. ooooopppps forgot about wedding :p BIG JOE

acatitude
05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
big joe are you going to berryessa??? you going friday morning or what?? dragboat is leaving friday morning and so am I

Dave C
05-17-2006, 08:06 AM
you can use Markley if you can get in, but Steele Park has a lot more room to maneuver, plus more parking.

wedge44
05-17-2006, 08:17 AM
VOTE FROM SO-CAL .....STEELE PARK
My brother in law lives in Calistoga, we go there often, Steele Park like stated above great launch ramp, and facilities....Wedge

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
05-17-2006, 08:23 AM
I was going to go saturday and leave sunday but the wifey put clamps on the hole deal, I will see about coming up friday and leaving sat. morning
BIG JOE

deltarat
05-17-2006, 09:25 AM
ULTRAJOHN my friend tiffany is getting married saturday.My wife does not want me to go in morning. So I might get up and leave before she wakes up. ooooopppps forgot about wedding :p BIG JOE
You aint got the balls :argue:

abraman1326
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok, so from SAc it looks like Markley Cove is the closest place for him to launch, and Steele Park is the best place. HOpe this answers his question. I 90% or the time use Markley, and don't have any problems except for once in a great while have to park on the street, but I am no where near as long as he is...
BRA

acatitude
05-17-2006, 09:49 AM
markley is not the best it sux big deal if you get there early its a pain getting out in the afternoon and i wont leave my truck and trailer out on the road pleasure cove or around to steele

abraman1326
05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Hell, if you get there early enough, you can even park the truck and trailer right there on the right side of the ramp in the gravel. No problems at all retrieving the sled after a fun day on the water. Guess we all have our opinions huh?
BRA

acatitude
05-17-2006, 10:02 AM
very true bra your right about that........one question for ya............ when was the last time you launched a boat???? :yuk: :yuk: j/k see ya saturday bud

abraman1326
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Last time I back my own boat into the water was Shasta for Cat Attack 2. Pretty sad huh?
BRA

acatitude
05-17-2006, 01:10 PM
well i keep tellin ya to buy my bowtie 540 and build a turn key motor

BLEWBAYOU1
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
The best place on the whole lake is Steele park. The free boat launch is also top notch.Steel parks ramp is wide, not to steep and they have plenty of room for you long boat guys and plenty of parking. I will not park my rig out on the highway for nothing. There are punks that target those tow rigs parked outside the resorts according to a CHP friend of mine.
Brian