UnionJack
05-16-2006, 11:47 AM
OK, maybe you should bring the big ocean boat

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
It's going to be at the Huntington Beach Hyatt this year...... :idea:
Not at the Coast Hotel in Long Beach..... :cry:
I guess the start will be from Peters Landing.....Nort??...... :idea:
Not going to be as convenient for the boats & boaters, but will be near my house!....:)
www.huntingtonbeach.hyatt.com
www.peterslandingmarina.com
Later,
CJG
:)

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm thinking about it...

OnlyMoney
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
OK, maybe you should bring the big ocean boat
If only they made a trailer for it... :idea:

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
We are definitely doing it this year. I have been looking forward to that poker run for a year now. :)
From what I understand, the format is changing this year. The hotel that hosted the poker run last year is under new ownership and they didn't want the poker run this year or something like that. :cry:
Anyway, were in.

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Not going to be as convenient for the boats & boaters, but will be near my house!....:)
Later,
CJG
Where is everyone going to park their boats and trucks? I guess they could park on the other side of PCH, but I dont think that is overnight parking is it? I'm with you, I live in Huntington so it will be nice for us.

INSman
05-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking about it...
Shotgun !!! :cool:

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 12:20 PM
If only they made a trailer for it... :idea:
what about a big rig

OnlyMoney
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
what about a big rig
That's what it was delivered on...a hydraulic tailer on it. We wish we had access to one to get it to Powell or Newport area. That would make for a great card stop boat. :)

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Is it set up to pick up the 29? you know on the back...

OnlyMoney
05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Is it set up to pick up the 29? you know on the back...
Um, no...the Seeker is awful big and takes up the whole thing. That's the worst part of the SCOPE run, trailering from Vegas. :yuk: :)

Liquid Courage
05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Later,
CJG
It's supposed to be out of HB 8-26/27th called a "black jack run" (kinda cool). No guest docks in water but there is that HUGE lot next to the HB ramp that people can park the trailers in. Should be interesting and as always a great run!

FASTERDAMITT
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Superboat crew will be ready! Should be two Y2K's this year. Last year at this Poker Run was my maiden voyage for my Superboat. Lookin forward to another now I know how to drive it! :rollside:

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
mach26 and I will be out there.... two weeks before that I will be at the big cat

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Anybody going to be out there in any Shockwave boats?
We have a 29 and will be running. I think there may be one other 29 and a couple of 34's

TOBTEK
05-16-2006, 01:07 PM
When is the 32 gonna be done UJ? call me when you come down, we can do some lunch.....

andy01
05-16-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll probably go over to Catalina and watch the boats roll in again this year.
Andy

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 01:11 PM
When is the 32 gonna be done UJ? call me when you come down, we can do some lunch.....
I heard out of the mold this week

TOBTEK
05-16-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll probably go over to Catalina and watch the boats roll in again this year.
Andy
I'll ride Bitch with ya..... IF you buy that 30 flaty :) seems to work out well for HH :p I'll EVEN kick down 20 bucks for gas.....

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Maybe I will run my new 29 out there also. I assume Barry and Steamin' Rice are the 34's that you are talking about?
Since I only have a single 525 they will probably pull away from me :(
Yes, and there may be one 34 which has not been built yet. As far as speed, I dont think it matters. Most of the big boys go first, after that the speeds will be close. With a 525 you will be fine. :)

CornWater
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
2 hours, 33 minutes, and not one comment from Jordy or HH regarding a DCB in the ocean... Disappointing to say the least..
:cry:

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
2 hours, 33 minutes, and not one comment from Jordy or HH regarding a DCB in the ocean... Disappointing to say the least..
I'm pacing myself.

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 01:53 PM
pacing

shockwavebd
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe I will run my new 29 out there also. I assume Barry and Steamin' Rice are the 34's that you are talking about?
Since I only have a single 525 they will probably pull away from me :(
Yep greg and I will both be there ...we had a blast last year really looking forward to it .........come on tom you can do it :cool:

LHC30Victory
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
They are probably still on the floor :rolleyes:
We loved last year and are planning to be there again! That weekend will be Austin's 21st birthday and he wants a ride in a big boat, so anyone with a speed ride and room, let us know please. Yes, even a DCB is welcome - we are not haters :argue: :)

Dawn Patrol
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Yep greg and I will both be there ...we had a blast last year really looking forward to it .........come on tom you can do it :cool:
Hey Berry how you doin. :)

PhantomChaos
05-19-2006, 09:32 AM
News about the SCOPE Poker Run will be put out very shortly!!! :boxed: :boxed:

Magic34
05-19-2006, 09:43 AM
The Hallett should be done, so I'm in!!!!! :)

Goodtime$
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
What hallett are u building? congrats

H20 Toie
05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
ah that sucks the same weekend i am in Dallas :mad: this is the second year in a row that i can't do the run :mad:

shockwavebd
05-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey Berry how you doin. :)
Hey nick I am doing very well thanks........Hows the boat running.........Got a top speed yet.. :D ...........you gonna do the newport raft up next weekend

Dawn Patrol
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey nick I am doing very well thanks........Hows the boat running.........Got a top speed yet.. :D ...........you gonna do the newport raft up next weekend
I dont know yet. We have some plans that are up in the air right now. We got it up to 80 at the poker run. Boat's running great. I still would love to go out soon, so let me know when you are game.
Hope all's good. :) :)

shockwavebd
05-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Tom and I are going out tomarrow around 11:00 or so out of HB if you wanna tag along

Dawn Patrol
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Tom and I are going out tomarrow around 11:00 or so out of HB if you wanna tag along
Where are you going?

shockwavebd
05-19-2006, 01:40 PM
It depends on the weather .....local I think

Dawn Patrol
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
It depends on the weather .....local I think
I will PM you by tonight.

Liquid Courage
06-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Bad news from the SCOPE web page.......
Hello fellow SCOPE members, sponsors and friends,
It is with deep regret that we must inform all active participants in our Annual Poker Run that we have been forced to cancel this year’s event. After 13 consecutive years of hosting one of the top Poker Runs in the World, logistical reasons have forced us to pass on this year’s event.
There are a number of reasons which forced SCOPE to make this difficult decision. Insufficient dock spaces for our guests, a lack of quality launching facilities, a lack of water depth at certain launch ramps and channels, shortage of parking for rigs and trailers and general renovation of specific dock facilities in the Long Beach area are among a few of the reasons.
Over the past several years, we have set our standards extremely high and going backwards in hosting this event was not an acceptable solution to our Board of Directors and our member/guests. Could we have someway put on a Poker Run this year? Maybe…but it would have been a run in which our guests would be fending for slips, parking and other critical things associated with our Run. A minor inconvenience would be one thing but hosting an event in which the obstacles outweigh the pure pleasure would not suffice within SCOPE.
Is SCOPE going out of business or abandoning the ship? Not a chance! Tthere are an abundance of quality events on our schedule! There was a great raft up at Newport Harbor this past weekend, a great San Diego run and a run to Lake Mead, a road trip to the Big Cat run at the Delta…just to name a few…don’t forget about our year end Christmas party…it is always a festive event.
Everyone needs to double check the SCOPE website for all of the events. To date, we have had great participation at all of the events so let’s not allow an absent Poker Run ruin our fun. We are already in the stages of investigating different options for our 2007 Poker Run…you might see it referred as a Blackjack Run!!! What is a Blackjack Run??? Guess you will have to show up and find out what it is all about. The one thing it will be is exciting and fun for the entire family.
In ending, we apologize for disappointing everyone in regards to the Poker Run but we promise to continue with our mission with fun filled events and another major Black Jack/Poker Run in 07. We also want to continue to thank and support our great sponsors that have made our Club unique and fun. Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and loyalty to our great club. Keep the faith!
Ron Songrath
Founder