PDA

View Full Version : Woman Advice Needed!

3:30dirty
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Ok here is the deal, I am recently engaged to my beautiful girlfriend who happens to be a big boating enthusiast as well. The problem is our vision of boats is completely different. As of now I have a 25 Daytona with a blown 572 bla bla bla. The problem come to find out is that anything over 75 she "feels like its a big wing and we are gonna fly away". I personally enjoy a solid 90mph and feel right at home. Never the less this scares her. Im willing to comprimise and get something a little slower, but I still want a cat. She loves v-bottoms. Thus the problem. She wants room under the bow to sleep and feels much safer in them. I try to tell her that driving a v compared to my cat is like her Infinity to my Superduty. I cant see myself having a whole lot of driving fun in a v. BORING. No offense to you v owners!
So if any one has had this issue can I get some advice. Do I bite my tongue and make her happy or do I stand my ground. Shes a great boatmate, backs up the truck, drives the boat and so on.......Just dont want a v! HELP!!! THANKS JASON

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 01:11 PM
My wife was pretty much a Vee only gal until she got a ride in a nice, bigger cat. Now she's all aboard the Cat team. See if you can arrange a ride in 27' or bigger cat and a similar size Vee on a rough day at the lake. That should win her over.
Just my $.02,
Chris

lucky
05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Ok here is the deal, I am recently engaged to my beautiful girlfriend who happens to be a big boating enthusiast as well. The problem is our vision of boats is completely different. As of now I have a 25 Daytona with a blown 572 bla bla bla. The problem come to find out is that anything over 75 she "feels like its a big wing and we are gonna fly away". I personally enjoy a solid 90mph and feel right at home. Never the less this scares her. Im willing to comprimise and get something a little slower, but I still want a cat. She loves v-bottoms. Thus the problem. She wants room under the bow to sleep and feels much safer in them. I try to tell her that driving a v compared to my cat is like her Infinity to my Superduty. I cant see myself having a whole lot of driving fun in a v. BORING. No offense to you v owners!
So if any one has had this issue can I get some advice. Do I bite my tongue and make her happy or do I stand my ground. Shes a great boatmate, backs up the truck, drives the boat and so on.......Just dont want a v! HELP!!! THANKS JASON
ammm -- easy solution find a new one - women are a dime a dozen ( man am i going to take a hit from topless on this one ) 90 mph boats are a hard item to score :)
no one in my family likes my day cruiser , its too louds - it rides rough (?) its scares me - ( i wish i still had the flat :) ) so I go out by myself unless its really hot - then they all love my boat -- -- I have found that it's easy to find new people to enjoy your boat -- save your self the expence of divorce -- put your foot down now both in the boat , and about the boat :)
ps - Ive been married twice -- and as of this post it may be I'll be looking for my third ....

Towndrunk
05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
STAND YOUR GROUND!! I had something similar and buckeled under. It's gone and so is she. Most women dont respect a man that gives in. She knew who and what you were when ya got in this thing. All I can think of is BUSES!

05-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks chris, im hoping that will work. Goin to Havi this weekend and going in a friends f-29. My luck is she will like it too much and that boat is just financially out of the question at this time. Thinkin more of a Cobra 26 or something a little bigger around the 100k range.

Keith E. Sayre
05-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Let me say one thing that I believe to be true. When I was married, the
plaintiff didn't really like my Schiada because of the speed and the wind etc.
One day I taught her to drive it and the problem was solved. I was also
very pleasantly surprised to know that the daily fuel bill was half if she drove
the boat and the engines seemed to last longer! Imagine that. She even took the boat out with the girls several times after that. I then made sure
that a couple of my buddies in their boats would come and egg them into a
couple of 80 to 85 mph races so that it would be competitive and not dangerous and after that, she always wanted to go and often would drive
with me riding. I would make sure that your new wife to be is very involved
there. It works. She'll learn to like and respect the speed if you do it right.
Keith Sayre

UnionJack
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
If she loves you, you should have whatever you want.

TOBTEK
05-16-2006, 01:26 PM
piece of cake! My wifes was the same way in our old smaller boat. ANYTHING over 50 and she was yelling at me! Get a larger boat with canopies! MAKE SURE they leave off the speedo on the passenger side! I was cruising 70-80 a few weeks ago and she said it was great. The canopies will get the wind out of her face and it wont fill as fast...... GOOD LUCK.

05-16-2006, 01:31 PM
TOBTEK-Thats what im hoping to do. The other issue is sleeping under the bow. I say "who wants to sleep when we can go 110". This usually does not get a good response. She is a great woman and getting rid of her is NOT an option! Would anyone here go back to a v-bottom boat?

OutCole'd
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Toby's right. My wife hated my old boat. I would get the "Eye of Death" at anything over 45. Now with a bigger, better handling boat, I can do about 65 before she slugs me.

TOBTEK
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
TOBTEK-Thats what im hoping to do. The other issue is sleeping under the bow. I say "who wants to sleep when we can go 110". This usually does not get a good response. She is a great woman and getting rid of her is NOT an option! Would anyone here go back to a v-bottom boat?
" Honey why would go down there when its 110 degrees out" ? its too hot in there...... EASY OUT!

05-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Toby's right. My wife hated my old boat. I would get the "Eye of Death" at anything over 45. Now with a bigger, better handling boat, I can do about 65 before she slugs me.
I can see her point of view somewhat.......I have been boating just about all my life. Shes only been doing it for about 5yrs and only with me on the cat thing for a couple. She would shiat if she was in the boat and it got a little loose at 100mph! Just trying to make her feel safer I guess...

05-16-2006, 01:42 PM
" Honey why would go down there when its 110 degrees out" ? its too hot in there...... EASY OUT!
DAM IM FREAKIN WRITING THAT ONE DOWN RIGHT NOW!! THANKS!

Screaming Pete
05-16-2006, 02:34 PM
tell her that having a cat is like having 2 v bottoms for the price of one, thier for v bottoms only ride half as good as a cat. nuff said right toby

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks chris, im hoping that will work. Goin to Havi this weekend and going in a friends f-29. My luck is she will like it too much and that boat is just financially out of the question at this time. Thinkin more of a Cobra 26 or something a little bigger around the 100k range.
I hear Ultra makes a great riding 27 Shadow that women love to ride....maybe it's all that freeboard.....that's just what I heard :crossx: :crossx:

dicudmore
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
My 27' Cat has a bed in the cabin and a 23" LCD TV, maybe she'd be comfortable with something like that??
As previously mentioned, it might get hot, don't think I'd be down in that cabin...but its there

pleasantcat
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
bigger cat is the answer. my ex felt un comfy in my 25 daytona at 100+ but loved the 31 ao at 110. bigger boat felt more stable to her and that was with the evil hop

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
My 27' Cat has a bed in the cabin and a 23" LCD TV, maybe she'd be comfortable with something like that??
As previously mentioned, it might get hot, don't think I'd be down in that cabin...but its there
You can always add A/C and a microwave like Magic34 is doing to go along with the TV :crossx:

05-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Does the 27 ultra cat have a decent cabin? Have not looked up close at one of these. Anyone got any pics of it?

Jbb
05-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Sell the boat.....with the money you can buy ballroom dancing lessons...for the two of you... :p
After that you can put you're nads in a mason jar.....and keep them on the mantle....
sell the boat. :yuk: ....lol...dont make me come back out there... :mad: :p

dicudmore
05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Does the 27 ultra cat have a decent cabin? Have not looked up close at one of these. Anyone got any pics of it?
the biggest in its size but definitely no cabin-cruiser lol...
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-18483-Dicudmore_3.jpg
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-19525-Dicudmore_4.jpg
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-19572-Dicudmore_5.jpg
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-19610-Dicudmore_6.jpg
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-18437-Dicudmore_2.jpg

Jordy
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Sell the boat.....with the money you can buy ballroom dancing lessons...for the two of you... :p
After that you can put you're nads in a mason jar.....and keep them on the mantle....
Hey Brian, stop hating. :D :D :D
Jason, I got your problem solved. You keep your boat and she and Angela can ride with me in the Gun when I get it, but until then the Spectre as 30' is much more stable feeling than 25' don't ya think???
Add one more people to the list. :D
Jordy <---- done so much good today I'm guaranteed a spot in Heaven. :D

05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks for posting those pics. This is something I should look at. All she wants to do is an occasional overnite at lake pleasant here in phoenix. No huge camping trips. Just need decent amount of head room so she wont feel closterphobic.

05-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Wait till the next hurricane fool!!!!! Ah Haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

05-16-2006, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Jordy]Hey Brian, stop hating. :D :D :D
Jason, I got your problem solved. You keep your boat and she and Angela can ride with me in the Gun when I get it, but until then the Spectre as 30' is much more stable feeling than 25' don't ya think???
Jeez what was I thinkin. That will save me a ton of money! No whackers for me pal, Im all business!

Jbb
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Wait till the next hurricane fool!!!!! Ah Haaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
Jbb fears NO force of nature!..... :p

Jordy
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Jeez what was I thinkin. That will save me a ton of money! No whackers for me pal, Im all business!
The Gun will have no whackas and I'd have no problem taking the girls camping. Save your new boat money for an outdrive. :D :D :D

blown dough
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I grew up with a v so a cat was scary. We had 26 dcb last summer and at 70 i was freakin, not so crazy about it. we just picked up our 32 dcb on Friday and I love it. They took me out on my test drive after my hubby went (we were sharing beach duty with our 5 year old who didnt want to go) I hit 85 when i was driving and didnt even realize it. It felt so safe and stable, I loved it. get her in a 32 dcb, she will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I grew up with a v so a cat was scary. We had 26 dcb last summer and at 70 i was freakin, not so crazy about it. we just picked up our 32 dcb on Friday and I love it. They took me out on my test drive after my hubby went (we were sharing beach duty with our 5 year old who didnt want to go) I hit 85 when i was driving and didnt even realize it. It felt so safe and stable, I loved it. get her in a 32 dcb, she will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could....Just a smidge out of the budget right now!! All you high rollers!!

05-16-2006, 04:06 PM
The Gun will have no whackas and I'd have no problem taking the girls camping. Save your new boat money for an outdrive. :D :D :D
You cant have mine Jordy.......as for the other one, have at it. Shes all yours.
What about me? Can I go camping with you? Jeez.

blown dough
05-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry i didnt help!!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
You cant have mine Jordy.......as for the other one, have at it. Shes all yours.
What about me? Can I go camping with you? Jeez.
Hey, I'm just trying to help you out and save you some money in the process. And sure you can go camping, you just have to stay in the Daytona. :D :D :D

05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey, I'm just trying to help you out and save you some money in the process. And sure you can go camping, you just have to stay in the Daytona. :D :D :D
I dont think you want to deal with both of them at the same time.....TRUST ME! Its a hand full. Your not really helping me out much here...stealing my girls and not letting me go camping what next.....tell me to put a 300x on the daytona!

Jbb
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I dont think you want to deal with both of them at the same time.....TRUST ME! Its a hand full. Your not really helping me out much here...stealing my girls and not letting me go camping what next.....tell me to put a 300x on the daytona!
"stealing".....is such a ...harsh word.....could you come up with a better descriptive?

Jordy
05-16-2006, 04:24 PM
"stealing".....is such a ...harsh word.....could you come up with a better descriptive?
Can you belive this guy JBB, I'm trying to help a people out and help him to keep his boat (and saving him money he'd be spending on a new one) by offering up space on mine where she would feel more comfortable, especially in the company of her hot friend, and he's looking the gift horse in the mouth. Some peoples just can't be helped I guess. :(

Jbb
05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Can you belive this guy JBB, I'm trying to help a people out and help him to keep his boat (and saving him money he'd be spending on a new one) by offering up space on mine where she would feel more comfortable, especially in the company of her hot friend, and he's looking the gift horse in the mouth. Some peoples just can't be helped I guess. :(
All you can do is try......He did have a rather...."sinister" look about him ...as I remember...

acatitude
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
well you could see if her friend likes the cat.... then you know which one to take. I just told my ex the tach was the speedo and see we are only going 60 honey

blown dough
05-16-2006, 04:32 PM
there is just something about rollin on your own

blown dough
05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
i do have a speedo on my side so i will scream uncle if i have to

Big Kahunaa
05-16-2006, 05:01 PM
we need pics of the boat and your chic to make the right choice for you

Charley
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
we need pics of the boat and your chic to make the right choice for you
This may be the most accurate and honest post of C&T in all of 2006 http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin/evilgrin0036.gif

acatitude
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM
i still say take her girlfriend

AZJD
05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I knew the girls were talking about that on Saturday at the lake. Mine saw that Celebrity and was like......uuhhhh, why do they have so much more room :cry:
My answer....because they are old and don't like to boat anymore. It's kinda like camping on the lake! I suggested, H2O R.V. for the name.

05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
well you could see if her friend likes the cat.... then you know which one to take. I just told my ex the tach was the speedo and see we are only going 60 honey
Interesting thought......hmmm???

05-16-2006, 09:56 PM
How bout you take Angela in your boat....Ill take mine in a new one and we can all live happilly ever after in your little fanasty world in which you must be living in when you wrote this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
How bout you take Angela in your boat....Ill take mine in a new one and we can all live happilly ever after in your little fanasty world in which you must be living in when you wrote this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Post some more and you won't take this shit so seriously. I guess I should go ahead and email you on how to add the Team Turnkey logo to your signature. :D :D :D
p.s. Angela can go in my boat anytime. This one, the next one, the one after that. I'm good with it. :D

pleasantcat
05-19-2006, 02:06 PM
there goes jordy smoothin in on your gal :idea:
330 i told you when you saw my ao how sorry i was that i got rid of my daytona. i slept on that thing many a night and just did the groovy dance when nobody was watchin :crossx:

InKahntrol
05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Check out the 28' Domn8er. It has a damn big cabin, including a queen size bed with a fair amount of head room. Comfy ride, and within your stated budget. The standard model is $89k with a 496.

pleasantcat
05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
jordy????? hello???? i figured i'ld get some kinda slam. are ya busy or something?

soupersonic
05-19-2006, 04:01 PM
jordy????? hello???? i figured i'ld get some kinda slam. are ya busy or something?
Hes to busy helping peoples right now.Hes slipping a little.Normally he would have been all over it :)

Wmc
05-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Wife's point of view:
I was scared of the cat, as well as the speed, and felt the same way your girlfriend did. So we bought a Magic Deckboat and just love it. Still a cat, but much more enjoyable. :)

Kilrtoy
05-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Here is my wifes perspective.....
"OUR NEXT BOAT WILL RUN MINIMUM 120MPH OR WE WONT BUY IT".....
Damn she is gonna be pissed when that pontoon shows up :idea:

chub
05-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry can't help ya. My wife likes the mod VP better than than the old V bottom ULTRA.

blown dough
05-22-2006, 07:17 PM
i love our new cat, speed is good too!!!!!

05-22-2006, 08:32 PM
i love our new cat, speed is good too!!!!!
Well after the weekend in Havasu we got to put a signifigant amount of time in the water driving the boat. By the end of the weekend she was comfortable at about 80mph. 100mph pass up to Topock did not go over so well. I got put on speed restriction for a few hours...ha ha ha! I think with a few more trips in some decent water and her comfort level will go up. Saw the new Cobra 26c and she really liked the look, so ya never know........Saw a f29/ blue white for sale for 150, nice boat-seems cheap? Small motors maybe?

blown dough
05-22-2006, 08:39 PM
good to hear. we have the headsets in our boat so he can hear me nice and clear yelling at him when he is going to fast. Then he yanks my cord :cry:

catman-do
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Check out the 27 Ultra.... I had a hard time in convincing my lady on a cat also. She wanted to have the headroom and cabin space of a vhull. But who the hell is really going to sleep on a boat when its 110 outside??? If youve got the money for a 100k cat then spend the extra 80 a night for a hotel. Anyways, our Ultra has plenty of head room in the mid cuddy, and feel solid as a rock when chop comes up. Comming from two vhulls and having the first cat she now agrees that we will never go back to a vhull again.

Two K's
05-28-2006, 02:14 PM
I agree with Inkahntrol. Domn8er has the biggest cabin I have seen in a tunnel and is also one of the nicest looking cats. Definitely check them out before you buy anything. Well built too!