PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing

Schiada76
05-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I know this subject has been beat to death but my setup is a little different from what I've found in the archives.
My current set up is a blown intercooled BBC with two pickups to tow sea strainers, one pressure feeds the tranny cooler and v-drive one feeds a magnaflow pump.
The Magnaflow is one -12 in two -12 out, one to the chiller then to the feeds in the timing cover, out the t-stat housing into the water jacketed headers. The other goes to the oil cooler then a dump.
Going injected and I'm switching to a RR pump with a -10 in and a -8 out.
If I T the outlet to the chiller and cooler will this thing pump enough to keep everything cooled??? I'm especially worried about torching the powder coat on the headers while trying to dial it in.
Should I pressure feed the oil and tranny cooler off of a T instead?

steveo143
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
On my twinturboed motor, I had 2 16 pickups to 2 sea strainers, 1 fed engine only and 1 fed intercooler only. A seperate 12 pickup fed oil cooler, trans cooler, v-drive in that order. Intercooler was 16 in 2 12's out, worked great.
steveo143 aka dimarco 21 II

Schiada76
05-22-2006, 06:57 AM
The transom already has multiple dump fittings (4) for whatever reason.
I can utilize one of the dumps for the -12 pickup but will need to use at least two 45's or maybe one 45 and one 90 on the fittings with a short hose. Will the angled fittings cause much problem on the force feed?

MKEELINE
05-22-2006, 07:28 AM
On my twinturboed motor, I had 2 16 pickups to 2 sea strainers, 1 fed engine only and 1 fed intercooler only. A seperate 12 pickup fed oil cooler, trans cooler, v-drive in that order. Intercooler was 16 in 2 12's out, worked great.
steveo143 aka dimarco 21 II
The plumbing on my TT motor is setup exactly the same and works very well.
I have plenty of 90's in this, doesn't seem to be a problem. Would probably work better if everything was in a straight line, but it isn't practical.

Schiada76
05-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I'm going to run the pickup to one of the through hull fittings that's real close to the plate. Don't think it's going to look real clean but it'll be functional.