PDA

View Full Version : What type of paint on Bravo's?

C-2
05-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Anybody know?
A few years ago it cost me some ungodly amount to have my lower repainted after a nosecone de-install. Is it a high-temp epoxy or something special which warranted the high price?
Thanks in advance

Outnumbered
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Anybody know?
A few years ago it cost me some ungodly amount to have my lower repainted after a nosecone de-install. Is it a high-temp epoxy or something special which warranted the high price?
Thanks in advance
http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/0326.asp

boater012
05-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Anybody know?
Thanks in advance
I owe you one sir pm me your address and I will ship you a couple of cans i have 2-3 cases of the good mercruiser black at the shop I'll swing by there tommorow and usps 2-3 express ship them to you!!!!!!
ON THE HOUSE. I told you if you needed ANYTHING to ask me and I would do it. I'll even drive out there and repaint it for you i'm extremely good with a spray can and can make it look like its factory. I';ve probably repainted 4-500 drives over the past ten years. Allow me to do this for you.

boater012
05-16-2006, 11:18 PM
http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/0326.asp
That is bottom paint that is specailly formulated for use on aluminum and outdrives. Thats not what he is looking for. Good call though if he kept it in the water year round.

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 03:16 AM
It is a boat that is why it is so expensive. :)

riverracerx
05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Krylon Gloss Black.
I hit it every couple of trips to shine it up and replace the spots the sand wears off.

voodoomedman
05-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Quicksilver Phantom Black in a spray can. That is the exact color match stuff from Mercury. You can buy it at West Marine.

C-2
05-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the responses guys! I will be putting another nosecone on later this summer and wanted to be prepared.
Thanks again for your willigness to help.
boater012, I'll send you a PM in the morning :)

Tom Brown
05-17-2006, 09:40 PM
A few years ago it cost me some ungodly amount to have my lower repainted after a nosecone de-install.
I'm guessing not in that order.
Removing a nose cone is not easy.

phebus
05-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm guessing not in that order.
Removing a nose cone is not easy.
Just ask Michael Jackson :skull:

Tom Brown
05-17-2006, 09:47 PM
"The other day, fifteen Boy Scouts from Minnesota had to be rescued after they became lost in the Cascade mountains. At first, rescuers tried to find the boys with bloodhounds, and when that didn't work, they brought in Michael Jackson." - Conan O'Brien

boater012
05-17-2006, 10:04 PM
You helped when i needed it and I have a feeling im not done with dana dutcher sso anything I can do I will. plus helping others is what makes this place great isnt it???? Well that and the fact that every other thread has pics of women in bikinis!!!!!!