PDA

View Full Version : Another touchy topic......

Kachina26
05-17-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm watching the news right now and there is a major story about a baby that was murdered in Santa Clarita shortly after it was born. They even went as far as to release a picture of the dead infant in hopes of guilting the mother into turning herself in. You get the picture, big news story. However, if mom went into a clinic 3 months prior, the same baby would have been murdered and not a word would be said. Ironic, isn't it? No, I'm not an anti abortion activist, and I'm sure there are shades of gray on this topic. I just get pissed when the media tries to get the public outraged over something that happens legally on a regular basis. (just to infants 3 months younger) Rant off.
BTW is it too late to abort my 18 year old?

Poster X
05-17-2006, 07:17 AM
Lots and lots of gray areas. I think I'll leave that one to the women.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Lots and lots of gray areas. I think I'll leave that one to the women.
Noted. Sack is on head, not between loins.
Yep, you ranted on another one Kachina. :crossx: Cool tho. It does look quite hiipocritical to OK it one month, then have a cow over a death a short time later (just the same here in the midwest over the 1-day difference in trimesters from 2nd to 3rd).
Personally, I believe I reflect the vast majority of the country if I say that I do not think an abortion should ever happen (how's that for a panaceac dreamworld?).
That said, I'll take my sack and put myself on a side and say it is a medical procedure that I think should not be made illegal. What I think it SHOULD be is entirely undesireable. There comes the hard part in just how to put enough social pressure on women to make them not want to have one, and I don't mean just not want one, but willing to go a long ways into hell before actually considering getting one. Sufficient stigma and they would become far less comon and (with some people) downright popular than they are currently.
One thing would be publicity, post names of patients in the paper just like Johns busted with hookers. Yea, "patient privacy laws" and all, but it would have an effect.
Make it moderately expensive (but not prohibitively) with a small set ammount the Dr can actually keep, all else (like 90% or so) of the fee going to the state for SRS/Orphanage support. Here it becomes less desireable to the Dr as well as supporting a prefered option.
I haven't really though of this in quite a while, and there is a LOT of grey for discussion, I'm short on other "solution support" ideas now.
Gonna go get a beer now. Bud Select, chilled, in a cold glass. :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh, on the 18-yr-old.
Yes, too late to abort, not too late to put shoe on seat of pants & push while wife or door closer holds door open. :)

QuickJet
05-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Smokin you had me rollin when I read this one. That is too fu#$kin funny.

Poster X
05-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I just think it's a womans issue. I wouldn't want women deciding if I got to keep my nuts after seventeen. Roe vs Wade will be repealed. I can't believe it's lasted this long? We are far too politically correct a society to do anything but go backward. Speaking as a male, I think atrition is a good thing. There's too many people now and without Roe/Wade look at the many more people who would be on welfare for you to bitch about.

Moneypitt
05-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, a touchy subject, BUT, it is common knowledge that anyone can take an infant to ANY fire station, hospital, or police station,(I think) without repercussions. To drop a live infant in a trash bin is un imaginable to me given the other choices available. BTW, the parents have been arrested as of today, and the coroner has said the baby was alive when "dumped". I hope these two are put under the jailhouse for a long, long time.........Rant over........MP

bigq
05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, a touchy subject, BUT, it is common knowledge that anyone can take an infant to ANY fire station, hospital, or police station,(I think) without repercussions. To drop a live infant in a trash bin is un imaginable to me given the other choices available. BTW, the parents have been arrested as of today, and the coroner has said the baby was alive when "dumped". I hope these two are put under the jailhouse for a long, long time.........Rant over........MP
So true, very frustrating. :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Agreed MP.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Like I said.
Besides, It was Bush's fault, as are the abortions and the suit and outcome of RvW back then. I could spell the conspiracy out for ya, but I am sure you know it better than I do. :rolleyes:

mickeyfinn
05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I just think it's a womans issue. I wouldn't want women deciding if I got to keep my nuts after seventeen. Roe vs Wade will be repealed. I can't believe it's lasted this long? We are far too politically correct a society to do anything but go backward. Speaking as a male, I think atrition is a good thing. There's too many people now and without Roe/Wade look at the many more people who would be on welfare for you to bitch about.
You may consider it to be a womans issue, but it also puts an unfair burden on the men.
EXAMPLE:
A couple are seeing each other, practicing safe sex. (nothing is perfect) Something happens and she becomes pregnant. She now has the decision entirely in her hands as to whether or not to have the baby. Both people were taking actions that indicate neither wants a child, however if she chooses to deliver, the guy is stuck. A father against his will and he must pay support. Maybe she has deep beliefs that prevent her from abortion,maybeshe considers it to be a legal form of murder. If the guy has those same deep seated beliefs he is powerless to stop her from aborting the pregnancy. Still her decision.......No matter which side of the fence you straddle on the issue of abortion, the way things are done today is wrong.

Poster X
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
This is where it remains a gray area and a womans issue. If you repeal Roe vs Wade it's unfair and if you ratify it, it's unfair. Let the women slug it out. If you dip your stick be prepared to take responsibility either way.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
a womans issue. ........ Let the women slug it out........
What's wrong poser, we find something George W didn't have enough to do with for you to have been able to locate a trash-opinion on the web?

Poster X
05-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I could say something wry and insulting such as "you're a full time idiot and I only do it part-time", or something meaningful such as "I'm glad you have a career polishing knobs for the party", but instead I'll be sensitive and only say your linear and narrow sense of right and wrong is only rivaled by the Spanish Inquisition. I'll leave you to figure that out.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-20-2006, 09:58 AM
At least I (and many others here) are capable of developing our own sense of right and wrong. We don't have to look for it in the blogosphere. I doubt you know nearly as much about the inquisition (spanish version or the rest) as you'd like to claim.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Wasn't a Bush the Pope at the time of the inquisition??? His fault, I know. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Head inquisitor was Ricardo Santo Duchaney wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Poster X
05-20-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm thrilled at your ability to google the word "inquisition" but the gist of my post was comparing your (and others) persecutionist attitude to that of the zealots of that time. Work it out and try and keep up.