PDA

View Full Version : insurance

cumamaio
06-20-2002, 09:14 PM
I cant seem to find insurance for my 99 2600 nsx American Offshore. Any ideas would help.

Screaming Pete
06-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by cumamaio:
I cant seem to find insurance for my 99 2600 nsx American Offshore. Any ideas would help.
OK hereI go again I'm going to have to refer you to BUZZ at PMA 954 583 5558 He handles proformance boats and race boats knows what he's doing and if you don't use your boat all year long ask about a layup period it will cost less
Screaming Pete

HammerDown
06-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete:
OK hereI go again I'm going to have to refer you to BUZZ at PMA 954 583 5558 He handles proformance boats and race boats knows what he's doing and if you don't use your boat all year long ask about a layup period it will cost less
Screaming Pete
Ok wise guy...so dose he deal with out of staters?????

ZSARGO
06-21-2002, 10:15 AM
I'VE SHOPPED LOTS OF DIFFERENT INSURANCE COMPANIES ON HIGH PERFORMANCE CATS. PROGRESSIVE IS BY FAR THE CHEAPEST AND THEY WILL PAY ON A CLAIM. MY FRIEND HAS HIS INSURED THROUGH FARMERS. IT'S A 100 MPH + CAT. THE AGENT NEGLECTED TO TELL HIM THEY DON'T INSURE CATS OR ANY BOATS THAT DO OVER 55 MPH. JUST BE CAREFULL WHEN YOU BUY A POLICY AND BE HONEST WITHIN A FEW MILES AN HOUR ON THE TOP SPEED.

Screaming Pete
06-21-2002, 10:53 AM
H/D Yes I'm in So Cal. and my boats in AZ and buzz is in Fla. and it all seems to work well
s/p

Screaming Pete
06-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Zargo, I heard Progressive was at the Hot Boat evaluations this yr. getting educated so i wouldn't try to pull any wool over thier eyes, but my policy is up for renewall
I'll have toquote them.
s/p

HammerDown
06-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Progressive is one of the many Ins. Co's that would not insure my 21 Daytona! They all tell me....that boat's on our do not insure list. W.T.F.!!!!!

Chet 17
06-21-2002, 02:54 PM
OK here's my tip of the day, I had Buzz quote me this week and I have an 01 HTM SS-24 with 550 hp and a top speed around 85 and the magic number from Buzz was 2,100.00 per year.
Now heres the good part (got this info from someone else on this forum)I called Leisure Craft in Santa Ana @ 800/733-5242 and speak to Richard Senna. told him the exact info as Buzz and the magic number is, Sit down now if not allready sitting, 1,235.00 thats it!!! and I told him your sure that is for one year and not for 6 months and I next said do you take cash and where could I deliver the money too.
Now I know some will doubt this but the policy has just gone into affect and I did compare apples to apples, so use this info wisely and good luck
Late Chet

cumamaio
06-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Great quote except you have to live in Ca. to get a policy through them.

Robbie Racer
06-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Chet, are you sure you got coverage from Leisure craft? I just got off the phone with Norma there and she told me that they lost their underwriter who was Jefferson. She said that they no longer insure high performance boats.

Chet 17
06-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Yep I did!!!
I wonder if when they have enough policys that they give that lame excuse, cause they explained the business as in the same as home financing where they have to have so many policys to keeped balanced then they lump them together and sell them to the big insurance company as a whole just like big mortgage companys, at least thats what I was told..
Late
Chet

Tahiti Day Cruiser
06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
I'm an Insurance agent ( sorry but don't deal with boat insurance ) and I know that some companies put a limit on how many risky applications they will accept from a particular agent over a specific period in time. Also if a certain agent starts to receive more than their fair share of claims, the insurance can opt to cancel their appointment. This in no way affects current policy holders , only new business. Oh and I did notice that Jefferson Insurance was taken off the rating software recently which probably means that they pulled out of the market.
Good Luck http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

blowncarrera777
06-25-2002, 05:11 PM
hey Keith email me who your ins is with. I,m going to start shopping prices. Thanks. ken

bchbum
06-27-2002, 03:05 PM
thanks guys , my buddy is buying an A.O.& is having troble gettin g insurance .Will send this to him