PDA

View Full Version : California Performance Project

Fasterthebetter
05-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Alright so im in the middle of the project. Im working on a brand new 06' California Performance with Bill. It will be done mid June, and have a new trailer at Big River, and im gonna be out there 3 weekends a month. Aha Quin is my other second home so hope to see you guys out there. Im almost done with the motor work and am ready to make some noise. So who can I look forward to racing? I know most the guys at big river but im gonna be the new guy at Aha Quin?
Oh and I will post pictures of the process.....its Rad!!

sofa king smooth
05-17-2006, 09:03 AM
If Bill says it will be done in June you can count on September!

Dogballs
05-17-2006, 09:06 AM
:mad: :argue:

cyclone
05-17-2006, 09:28 AM
where's the pics? i boat big river.

HBjet
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, post pics...
Not every CP that shows up to Big River can actually deliver the goods, best of luck!!!
HBjet

cyclone
05-17-2006, 11:22 AM
I hear big river is crazy. like there's guys there racing in the dark in yellow tint cop sunglasses on. or are those blue blockers? :crossx:

NeverStop
05-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Smell's like dog shit!!! :p

RiverRacer
05-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I'll be there on and off all summer. We might see each other. Ford CP vs. Chevy CP. That should raise some goosebumps somewhere, lol. C ya there. RR

bigriverdog
05-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm your "HUCKLEBERRY".
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13751&stc=1

SoCal Power
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Alright so im in the middle of the project. Im working on a brand new 06' California Performance with Bill. It will be done mid June, and have a new trailer at Big River, and im gonna be out there 3 weekends a month. Aha Quin is my other second home so hope to see you guys out there. Im almost done with the motor work and am ready to make some noise. So who can I look forward to racing? I know most the guys at big river but im gonna be the new guy at Aha Quin?
Oh and I will post pictures of the process.....its Rad!!
Is Alex still laying up Scotten's hulls? Are you building an 18 or 19? Who's rigging for Bill now? A friend of mine just took delivery on a 19 and the rigging is not what it used to be :wink:............keep close tabs on it.
You will find plenty of people to race at Aha Quin.......several CPs, couple of fast flat bottoms (esp. Tony C). And............the Power Tour will most likely make an appearance (or 2) on that stretch or the river this season. Plenty of action when those B&Gs show up.
Good luck with your project........Looking forward to the pics.
db

MudPumper
05-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I hear big river is crazy. like there's guys there racing in the dark in yellow tint cop sunglasses on. or are those blue blockers? :crossx:
I don't know about yellow tint cop sungalsses but there is some crazy scientist in chemistry lab safety goggles. :crossx:

Cs19
05-17-2006, 08:15 PM
lol..leave chuck alone you guys.
Congrats on the CP, they are sick hulls. Tell us about the motor.

cyclone
05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't know about yellow tint cop sungalsses but there is some crazy scientist in chemistry lab safety goggles. :crossx:
Chuck's the man now. especially since he's taken a keen interest in cs and his boat instead of me. lol.
"you're running race fuel. lemme smell your tank." :)

Big Kahunaa
05-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm your "HUCKLEBERRY".
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13751&stc=1
that thing is f--ing sweet i don't like browns but i like that

HBjet
05-17-2006, 09:39 PM
that thing is f--ing sweet i don't like browns but i like that
It's called taking ugly colors and making them look cool :)
HBjet

RCB19
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Capping that boat made all the difference in the world. I love that look.

Cs19
05-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Capping that boat made all the difference in the world. I love that look.
I agree, a capped 18 looks really nice. The rest of that boat is just as nice, pretty sure its got an aluminum engine too. Hopefully we see more of it this summer.

Taylorman
05-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is capping?

Fasterthebetter
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
HBJet you should remember my old boat from last season. I was outta gas and you almost ran my ass over! But after that you pulled me back to big river(I still owe you a case of beer). And as for chuck.... Your the first guy im gonna race. Last year you would drive your boat to the lagoon and sit there with your Keystone and salt, then just drive your boat back to the launch ramp at the end of the day. All you did was walk around the lagoon and talk about how everyones motors were dog shit. Ha good times! I never seen the blue CP out there? How often are you out there?

poncho-pwr
05-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Capping is when you remove the rub rail and glass the top and bottom of the boat together, smooth it out and gel it where there is no seam and you no longer run a rub rail.

Fasterthebetter
05-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Dennis at Carrera is doin the gel and mold. He's been a family friend, so i hope he'll take care of me and not drop the ball. But so far im on track and should have it on time. Im finishing up the motor. Its 11.1 and full roller with a lift of 700 on the cam. I got the Victor tunnel ram with built dual 750 holleys on it, and am changing a couple other things. But its healthy and ran good last year.....except Chuck thinks its dog shit?

HBjet
05-18-2006, 01:30 PM
HBJet you should remember my old boat from last season. I was outta gas and you almost ran my ass over! But after that you pulled me back to big river(I still owe you a case of beer). And as for chuck.... Your the first guy im gonna race. Last year you would drive your boat to the lagoon and sit there with your Keystone and salt, then just drive your boat back to the launch ramp at the end of the day. All you did was walk around the lagoon and talk about how everyones motors were dog shit. Ha good times! I never seen the blue CP out there? How often are you out there?
Your that guy? Dang, I almost did run your ass over... I remember it was dark, no moon out, and I headed back up river for one more float down and since your boat died and had no power, you had no lights or nothing.... certainly got my heart beat up! No problem on the tow in, if I didn't tow you, who knows who else might have a close call, but with bad results. I'll take the beer though next time I see ya!
Chuck thought my motor wasn't all that either, but I still kept him behind me, and then he wouldn't believe my v-bottom beat him and on pump gas. He even had to smell my gas tanks to make sure... cracked me up!
Post some pics of your CP, sounds like you motor is close to mine, should be a fun match up sometime :)
HBjet

RiverRacer
05-18-2006, 03:15 PM
I never seen the blue CP out there? How often are you out there?[/QUOTE]
I'll be out there from June 1 thru June 7, and then back for Alcorns on the 16-17. Probably some weekends in July, and another week in August. Most of my time is spent downriver towards the Lost Lake- Mayflower-McIntyre area, but we might manage to find each other. I'll be at Lost Lake for PT2 at Labor Day. If you're out there and see the Boat early in June, stop by for a Cola(yeah, right!!). Say hi to Bill for me, and get that boat ready! Dennis, RR

bigriverdog
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree, a capped 18 looks really nice. The rest of that boat is just as nice, pretty sure its got an aluminum engine too. Hopefully we see more of it this summer.
Thanks Chris, Randy, RCB19 and Big Kahunaa
Hope to see you guys out this summer too. BRD

NeverStop
05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Hope that CP's fast, but I can't wait to see that fat dog of yours on it!!!

Fasterthebetter
05-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Hey my dog was only a puppy last year. But the doctor said she could lose a couple....

koyota93
05-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Smell's like dog shit!!! :p
Haha.