PDA

View Full Version : Lil Help..

RUSSO
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Last Time Out In My Boat I Felt It Slip A Lil A Few Times Under Power....when I Got Home I Checked The Prop And It Was Loose...would This Make The Prop Slip??is There A Key Slot In The Prop And Shaft??what Would Cause This??it Was While The Boat Was Movin But It Was Chopped Up....not Like It Was Out Of The Water Or Anything The Prop Was In The Water..hope You Understand What I Am Tryin To Say..thanks

SERIOUS ISSUES
05-17-2006, 04:37 PM
take the prop off and see if the key broke. If not, take the prop shaft out and see if the key broke at the prop shaft/coupler or gear box output shaft and coupler.

coolchange
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
cavitation

GofastRacer
05-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Last Time Out In My Boat I Felt It Slip A Lil A Few Times Under Power....when I Got Home I Checked The Prop And It Was Loose...would This Make The Prop Slip??is There A Key Slot In The Prop And Shaft??what Would Cause This??it Was While The Boat Was Movin But It Was Chopped Up....not Like It Was Out Of The Water Or Anything The Prop Was In The Water..hope You Understand What I Am Tryin To Say..thanks
All that is is cavitation, but why is the prop loose???, didn't you tighten the nut???, better check for damage on the prop and shaft and the key. Then put the prop on without the key and tighten it up, take a marker and mark the shaft in front of the prop, now take it off and put the key in and repeat the procedure, the prop should end up right where it did before at the mark, if it don't then the key needs to be fitted!..

RUSSO
05-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Thats what i thought...Will do thanks..