PDA

View Full Version : Roll up "hard" tonneau covers?

2Driver
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I am lookig for a hard roll-up tonneau for the new Chevy crew cab.
Been looking at Roll-n-lock and Pace Edwards full metal jacket. The staff at Quality bumper favor the Roll-n lock.
Anyone have any experience or hook ups in Phx area?
Thanks

H20 Toie
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I have the pace edwards bedlocker on both of my trucks and have had zero problems with them.

JAY4SPEED
05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I have the pace edwards bedlocker on both of my trucks and have had zero problems with them.
I was looking at the full metal jacket cover also from pace edwards. I was wondering if its noisy when going over bumps, like does it rattle?
Jay

Eliminator951
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I've had a Pace Edwards for a year and a half and no problems, no noise. My last truck I had a fiberglass cover and hated having to take it off to haul big items.

Daytona100
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
We recently took one off a trade in truck. Complete roll-up hard tonneau.If interested I can check the model and part number. Should be able to save you a ton of money. :)

RitcheyRch
05-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I have the Retrax bedcover on my Tundra and really like it.

2Driver
05-17-2006, 08:32 PM
We recently took one off a trade in truck. Complete roll-up hard tonneau.If interested I can check the model and part number. Should be able to save you a ton of money. :)
That would be great! I just sent you a PM.
THanks

H20 Toie
05-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I was looking at the full metal jacket cover also from pace edwards. I was wondering if its noisy when going over bumps, like does it rattle?
Jay
no noise and it doesnt flex like a lot of the ones i have seen

BoatPI
05-18-2006, 03:48 AM
Pace Edwards is better but the issue with both is the can in the front of the bed. You loose almost a foot of the bed and anything that shifts in the bed cab crush the can containing the cover. Look at the new plastic hard cover that weighs only 51 pounds as compared to the 113 pound fiberglass covers and just as strong. I got on for $500 on the net plus shipping and it is perfect. Just an alternative.

Daytona100
05-18-2006, 08:36 AM
If anyone is interested I have one for a 96-06 superduty available. Long bed. Bedlocker brand part# BL2015. Check there website if interested. Fits f-250 & f-350. Cheap.

Froggystyle
05-18-2006, 09:03 AM
I have had the Retrax and the Bedlocker. I highl recommend the bedlocker now, though I was a big fan of the Retrax when I had it.
The Bedlocker has a remote, and is powered. I love it! It also has a light on the inside for getting groceries or anything.
One thing I recommend with either is building yourself a metal "cage" for the front of it. I built a bike rack out of 1.5" steel that protects the box as well, and it really adds the utility back to the bed.
The Retrax failed after less than a year BTW... it is very fragile as it is made of polycarbonate, and stained every time some cleaning chemical got near it. My Retrax broke from between the flexible slats and was junk after that.
Get the bedlocker. It works great, looks awesome and is 100% nicer than the Retrax I had. The automatic feature alone is just absolutely mandatory once you use it.

2Driver
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
All good advice, thanks all

reb939
05-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Looked at all the products listed above. They are all good, but the best one I found was by Truck Covers USA. A bit more expensive but worth the money.