PDA

View Full Version : Best shop to install a stereo in a Rhino???

Shawny Mac
01-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I want to get a stereo put in my Rhino, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a shop in the Inland Empire or surrounding areas that has worked on Rhinos and is familiar with them.

Flying Tiger
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Wired for Sound in Temecula does them and is familiar with them & golfcarts

Riverkid
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
You can do a search, but lately Riverbound has had his Rhino work done over at Al & Ed's in Ontario. Toby has his Rhino down at Wired For Sound in Temecula getting a full blown A/V system installed...
I'm sure there are many other shops that can handle it, but these are the two people have posted about lately...
There have been a bunch of custom Rhino threads down in the C&T Forums... Good luck. :)

franky
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I want to get a stereo put in my Rhino, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a shop in the Inland Empire or surrounding areas that has worked on Rhinos and is familiar with them.
Do a search for "spamola radio mount" and check out the stereo head unit bezel/mount in a Rino. Sorry but I don't know how to link the thread.

Shawny Mac
01-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the ideas... Hopefully the cost wont be too crazy

shadow
01-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Do a search for "spamola radio mount" and check out the stereo head unit bezel/mount in a Rino. Sorry but I don't know how to link the thread.
Franky,Are your radio mounts a sealed unit that the head unit slide into or
Just the face place trim and sides?I'm possibly interested in one for my rhino,just debating to put the head unit in the dash or glove box.Any pics?

OutCole'd
01-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Put the head unit in the glove and use a Sony wired marine remote on the dash somewhere if there's any possibility that it will get wet, dirty or sandy.
Will those Sony remotes work with most newer Sony head units?

OutCole'd
01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Any newer or older Sony headunit that has a wired remote plug on the back is fine. I have also figured out a way to use them wired with and Alpine head that has OEM Steering wheel control plug in the back, which is most late 2004/2005 models.
Since the unit is installed, is there a way to check if it is compatible by the part #?
It just a cheapy for the cart, #CDX-S2210

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Put the head unit in the glove and use a Sony wired marine remote on the dash somewhere if there's any possibility that it will get wet, dirty or sandy.
That was one of my other ideas.Yes it most likely will be exposed to dirt,sand,water,and probablly some rookies spilling drinks.

OutCole'd
01-02-2006, 08:19 PM
From what I can gather, no, it's not compatible. My findings have been middle of the line and up with Sony.
Thanks for checking. That is a good idea. I guess it's time to change out the stereo.

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:24 PM
That's def the way to go. Because the back of the Rhino is so wide open, unless you enclose the rear, the glove is the best. I can make you a black tweed covered mount for it if you want.
I'll get in touch with you for some ideas as soon as i get ready.I'm still up in the air as of now.Plus Just shelled out over 10k for the rhino so i'll have to wait $$ atleast a few weeks or a month or so.I've got a few ideas i'll run by you before i get started on it.In fact i will be brining my Rhino down to Temecula in a few weeks for a new roll cage,pre runner type bumpers & paint.

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I wasn't actually going to charge you. :D
I'd be happy to mull over some ideas with you.
I wasn't actually going to pay you. :D
I'm talking about the $$ for the amp,sub & seperates.

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I thought you were sponsored by Kicker. :D :D
I've got some blown kicker 6x9's i'm sporting.
The rest is still kicking. :D

Redneck
01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I've got some blown kicker 6x9's i'm sporting.
The rest is still kicking. :D
whts up focker

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
whts up focker
SOS,Just working and have more projects going than i can afford or complete
in any reasonable amount of time.
Whats new with you?

RiverDave
01-02-2006, 08:54 PM
To answer the 1st post.. My vote is for Wired For Sound.
RD

shadow
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
To answer the 1st post.. My vote is for Wired For Sound.
RD
Now answer me this.Where the hell is my dual switch bezel/switches? :)

h2oski2fast
01-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Any newer or older Sony headunit that has a wired remote plug on the back is fine. I have also figured out a way to use them wired with and Alpine head that has OEM Steering wheel control plug in the back, which is most late 2004/2005 models.
Thats easy, buy the PAC adapter. They have them that are somewhat car and radio specific.

riverbound
01-03-2006, 06:40 AM
I am dropping mine off at AL& EDS AUTOSOUND in Ontario,Today. They have done quite a few rhinos from real basic setups to extreme stuff. Plus it wont cost you your first born to have them work on it.
Good luck on whoever youchose to do it, and please post some pics :D

riverbound
01-03-2006, 06:54 AM
I wish I could do that.....but it would kind of defeat the purpose of doing a flip-up monitor. :mad: And the fact that sony radios....kind of Suck :yuk:

riverbound
01-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Use an Alpine with a Sony remote. Why do a flip up monitor anyway? Do an Alpine 9860 DVD in the glove and glass a 7" monitor into the dash. I'll post some pics of one I did.
That was one of my ideas.....but I have 2 flip up monitors sittting in my garage. So I decided to use what I had. my system will be pretty basic.
Flip up Dvd, Ipod, 1amp, 1 10"sub, 4 speakers. second battery with an isolator. Didnt want to add too much to it like Toby's ( I still use mine quite a bit)