PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a boat, need help

house
05-17-2006, 10:25 PM
So I have been a lurker on hot boat for awhile now. I am finally getting serious in the boat hunt so I decided to register and look for advice. Here's my deal.
Almost pulled the trigger late last summer on a 23' Ultra Deck. I held off due to the fact that I want something a little bigger (length and freeboard). Ultra is now doing the 26' deck which looks to be unbelievable but out of my price range at $105k (I would like to be as close to $80k as possible). I have seen the reviews on the Domn8er 25 and I like it quite a bit. I also looked at and liked the 27 Ultra Shadow Open Bow and the 26 Shockwave Cat Open Bow.
A 70mph or near 70mph boat is fine for me right now, I want something put together well and it has to be either a deck or a cat (preferably a deck!).
Looking to get the process going by late September or early October.
Any feedback/comments would be great!

ROZ
05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
HOly crap... A boat related thread! :D :cool:

ROZ
05-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Hard to believe that a person can get a 70 mph 26ft deck boat for 80k these days.. I kinda like the Magic 28 with a 525 ...

Tom Brown
05-17-2006, 10:30 PM
It is taking all of the will power I can muster to not shit in this thread.
Trying hard to resist...... trying.....
Oh yeah... Welcome, new guy. :)
You might want to consider a used jet boat... something that's completely ready to go.
Damn. :(

phebus
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm just waiting for the "turnkey" term to come up :)

phebus
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
It is taking all of the will power I can muster to not shit in this thread.
And, since when can you control your bowels? :)

house
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
i am trying to budget a bit. if i have to spend a little more i will.
why shitting in my thread, whats the problem?
i dont want to have to spend over my head or refinance my house like i hear some people doing just to get a nice boat.

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
i am trying to budget a bit. if i have to spend a little more i will.
Oh god don't ask it's a long story. Lets try to find you a boat.

Tom Brown
05-17-2006, 10:36 PM
It's not you... it's us. We're total assholes and fukktards.
In time, however, it will be you too. :cool:
Don't worry... some people with actual information and good advice will be along in a while. That's not us, though.

Playbuoy
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM
What does that new 27' Eliminator Deck go for?

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Take a look at Howard's 28 deck, I think it's sweet. Have you looked at boat trader for late model decks?

house
05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
The trader has nothing so far that I have seen...

Eliminator 4 Life
05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I got one in spam its going back tomorrow but if u act fast u can have it for 90k out the door. I need to have a deposit by the am if u are intrested in it let me know.Rob

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 10:48 PM
So I have been a lurker on hot boat for awhile now. I am finally getting serious in the boat hunt so I decided to register and look for advice. Here's my deal.
Almost pulled the trigger late last summer on a 23' Ultra Deck. I held off due to the fact that I want something a little bigger (length and freeboard). Ultra is now doing the 26' deck which looks to be unbelievable but out of my price range at $105k (I would like to be as close to $80k as possible). I have seen the reviews on the Domn8er 25 and I like it quite a bit. I also looked at and liked the 27 Ultra Shadow Open Bow and the 26 Shockwave Cat Open Bow.
A 70mph or near 70mph boat is fine for me right now, I want something put together well and it has to be either a deck or a cat (preferably a deck!).
If you're looking for an 80K+ (not 70 mph at that price) deckboat call Keith Sayre at Conquest Boats in Lake Havasu...928-680-1400
love 'em or hate 'em...there is also a hell of a lot of Cheetah Fast Cats on the water...80K spent with Cheetah Bob will get you a lot of boat

Eliminator 4 Life
05-17-2006, 10:49 PM
If you're looking for an 80K+ (not 70 mph at that price) deckboat call Keith Sayre at Conquest Boats in Lake Havasu...928-680-1400
love 'em or hate 'em...there is also a hell of a lot of Cheetah Fast Cats on the water...80K spent with Cheetah Bob will get you a lot of boat
a$$hole what about me :mad:

ROZ
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh god don't ask it's a long story.
I'd say it goes back to 2000/2001 :D

Tom Brown
05-17-2006, 10:58 PM
The trader has nothing so far that I have seen...
It takes time to find the right boat. Patience is always rewarded.

acatitude
05-17-2006, 10:58 PM
26 howard cat prettiest and fastest around for about 80K

mxbundy
05-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Is Ultra realy doing a new 26 deck? Anybody have any info?
bundy

voodoomedman
05-18-2006, 05:23 AM
PM Ultra28. He is the owner of Ultra. He will give you the real deal on the pricing. Unless you got that 105 from him already. Besides maybe there's a ***boat hookup or something. The other suggestion I have as far as pricing no matter who you go with is to make sure what you get for that price. I'm not going to start on the quality of different manufacturers as it will just open a can of worms. I'm talking about things like the engine/drive package for that price, what kind of trailer, sound system....Little things do count and add up as well. For instance my boat came with a spare tire and a storage cover. Easily would have cost a grand seperately. And let me tell you when I had a blowout it sure was nice to have that spare tire.

jdogginla
05-18-2006, 05:43 AM
The Ultra Shadow is a great boat! I keep saving and saving for that boat myself. But not sure u can get into one for 80k. Have u considered the Cobra 260c Venom? Nice boat and i think with 496ho that boat is low-mid 80k. I haven't riden in one, but some claim that hull hauls even with the just an HO. Do a search on here or go to their web site. There was just a thread a few days ago on here about that boat. Also "snake" here on the boards works for them and will take care of you. Just stay away from Hernando......god i hate that guy!
Good luck in your search.

yeah,right
05-18-2006, 05:53 AM
$105K? Give me a break. Better come with at least a 525 for that much.
Look at the Howard and the Cobra. If your looking for the best price, I think the Cheetah and Dominator are real cheap.

THOR
05-18-2006, 05:56 AM
I doubt Eliminator or Magic will be under 110K with a 525 and will be around 90K with an HO. Conquest is right behind them.
Search boattrader online and you will find a dozen 28'ers for around 80k with good power.
I will just buy Outcold's Magic from him cuz I know how much he paid. :cool:

shippingguy
05-18-2006, 06:03 AM
bundy
Yes. The first one hopefully will be ready by the Regatta in June. John was drawing up the graphics for it on Monday.

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 06:21 AM
a$$hole what about me :mad:
It didn't sound like he was ready to pull the trigger by this morning Rob...
You know I'd send anything I could your way :cool:

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 06:23 AM
bundy
yes its based on the 27' Shadow bottom

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 06:26 AM
The Ultra Shadow is a great boat! I keep saving and saving for that boat myself. But not sure u can get into one for 80k. Have u considered the Cobra 260c Venom? Nice boat and i think with 496ho that boat is low-mid 80k. I haven't riden in one, but some claim that hull hauls even with the just an HO. Do a search on here or go to their web site. There was just a thread a few days ago on here about that boat. Also "snake" here on the boards works for them and will take care of you. Just stay away from Hernando......god i hate that guy!
Good luck in your search.
the Cobra is a nice boat, I think some friends are ordering one this weekend? :idea: 70MPH with an HO and a light load as it was test driven last week @ Elsinore. It is the same price as an Ultra Shadow btw. The entry price doesn't include some of the things you'll want like a bimini etc :wink:

jdogginla
05-18-2006, 06:41 AM
the Cobra is a nice boat, I think some friends are ordering one this weekend? :idea: 70MPH with an HO and a light load as it was test driven last week @ Elsinore. It is the same price as an Ultra Shadow btw. The entry price doesn't include some of the things you'll want like a bimini etc :wink:
The entry price may be in the same range........but we all know what the cost is after u start adding all the goodies! Right Dan???? LOL. Anyways..I will continue to be boat bitch......errrrrrrr wait Nautical Engineer until i have my own Shadow!

robsformula
05-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Its to bad you are looking for only a deck boat or a cat. I have a formula that is up for sale (65,000) turn key condition with low hours. The only reason I am selling is because I am looking at a 353 formula.

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 07:26 AM
The entry price may be in the same range........but we all know what the cost is after u start adding all the goodies! Right Dan???? LOL. Anyways..I will continue to be boat bitch......errrrrrrr wait Nautical Engineer until i have my own Shadow!
yes, yes we do :rolleyes: :wink:

SoCalSouthpaw
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Hard to believe that a person can get a 70 mph 26ft deck boat for 80k these days.. I kinda like the Magic 28 with a 525 ...
No kiddin. I feel pretty lucky I scooped up a 99 American Offshore NSX26 that'll do 80 all day long.....for a mere 49K!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ULTRA28
05-18-2006, 09:52 AM
The first 26 should be out of the mold next Friday. I'll post some pictures. The price is going to be around $89,000 for the first few, loaded with an HO. We're not sure where the price will go after that, we have to build a few to see what they cost us before we can set the final price.

mxbundy
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey John,
Do you have some conceptual drawings you could post?
I have a buddy who is shoping hard for a deck right now and I would love to bring him into the Ultra camp.He had a 24 Lavy and wants something bigger and he has been shopping the Cobra and a few other decks.
Thanks
bundy
aka Lendon Smith

Benjhamina
05-18-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know what your boating experience is but if you are new I would suggest doing like I did and getting an older 20ft bayliner for a season to learn how to drive it. That way you can bounce it off all these 80K boats if you need to and not worry about it. Plus when you do get your dream boat you will appriciate more. I picked up a 2001 26ft eliminator with all the bells and whistles for $50k last season and I love it. I still bounce it off stuff on occasion though.....

ULTRA28
05-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Here is a shot of the deck of the plug before we made the mold.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/49726deckfront.jpg

ULTRA28
05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Here is a side shot
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/49726deckboatside.jpg