PDA

View Full Version : I know i'm a ass for asking but...........

a catered life
05-18-2006, 06:40 AM
who are what the fock is team turnkey? is it a joke or a legal business? i'm so freaking lost

jdogginla
05-18-2006, 06:43 AM
who are what the fock is team turnkey? is it a joke or a legal business? i'm so freaking lost
You have to spend the time reading the thread.........but just a fore warning, It cost me an hour of my life I will never get back! 14 pages and shit. But I got sucked into it......kept telling myself, click on the x, cick on the x. Never happened though.

Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 06:46 AM
This might help a little?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURQ
Yes, i was the one that came to look at boat and planned to buy it. After several phone conversations and e-mails, Karl said a deposit was not necessary. We talked about the condition of the hull, pump and engine, etc. He sent pictures and informed me pump was ok, floor just replaced a year prior, and interior was in good shape. I show up to check the boat out and boat had a crack in the cap where the only thing holding piece on was rub rail. Hull condition was okay for 30 year old boat with exception of the crack. Interior was junk, sun rotted, brittle and hard. Climbed underneath to check condition of pump and found one skag broke off intake, intake knocked loose off of hull and oil leaking from bilge around intake. Looked inside intake and discovered pieces of leading edge of the impeller missing. Decided WTH and took boat out on water anyways to see how it would perform. Launched boat, engine started without a hitch. Noticed growling noise coming from pump. Not the usual h-bar rattle, but a growling noise telling of bad thrust bearing. Took boat out past no wake zone, hit the throttle and engine fell on its face. proceeded to get boat on plain, which was not very easy due to bad pump. rode down the lake and noticed whole dash was moving, which indicates to me the floor is broke loose and not solid. put boat back on trailer as Karl had appt to get to, agreed to talk again later. I decided I was not going to purchase what I viewed as unsafe boat for my family or any one elses for that matter. Karl informed me this boat was turn key. I realize that one persons view of turn key is different from another, but with all these little things wrong with boat, how can it truly be turn key when there is a fear of making it back to to the launch ramp after a day of boating. I was led to believe pump was ok, floor solid, interior and hull in better condition than they were. Maybe if owner had been more forth coming about boats condition then it would not have come to this. I understand that for the price I'm not going to get a perfect boat, nor am i Looking for perfect boat. But I view this boat as a project, not turn key and not worth more than $2000.

FOURQ
05-18-2006, 06:48 AM
This might help a little?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURQ
Yes, i was the one that came to look at boat and planned to buy it. After several phone conversations and e-mails, Karl said a deposit was not necessary. We talked about the condition of the hull, pump and engine, etc. He sent pictures and informed me pump was ok, floor just replaced a year prior, and interior was in good shape. I show up to check the boat out and boat had a crack in the cap where the only thing holding piece on was rub rail. Hull condition was okay for 30 year old boat with exception of the crack. Interior was junk, sun rotted, brittle and hard. Climbed underneath to check condition of pump and found one skag broke off intake, intake knocked loose off of hull and oil leaking from bilge around intake. Looked inside intake and discovered pieces of leading edge of the impeller missing. Decided WTH and took boat out on water anyways to see how it would perform. Launched boat, engine started without a hitch. Noticed growling noise coming from pump. Not the usual h-bar rattle, but a growling noise telling of bad thrust bearing. Took boat out past no wake zone, hit the throttle and engine fell on its face. proceeded to get boat on plain, which was not very easy due to bad pump. rode down the lake and noticed whole dash was moving, which indicates to me the floor is broke loose and not solid. put boat back on trailer as Karl had appt to get to, agreed to talk again later. I decided I was not going to purchase what I viewed as unsafe boat for my family or any one elses for that matter. Karl informed me this boat was turn key. I realize that one persons view of turn key is different from another, but with all these little things wrong with boat, how can it truly be turn key when there is a fear of making it back to to the launch ramp after a day of boating. I was led to believe pump was ok, floor solid, interior and hull in better condition than they were. Maybe if owner had been more forth coming about boats condition then it would not have come to this. I understand that for the price I'm not going to get a perfect boat, nor am i Looking for perfect boat. But I view this boat as a project, not turn key and not worth more than $2000.
thats just a small part of it. i dont think that just my post was it..

Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Damn dude, did you have the saved to your hard drive??? :D :D
Just a pretty good memory. :)
I was going to go retrieve a few more bits of info but I think it was better advice just to PM a turnkey team member because they are all about helping and all.

Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh yea Barry I forgot to add my superior lurking skills help in retrieving useless bits of trivia. just gotta keep the post count under 1000 so I can remain below the radar. :crossx:

hoolign
05-18-2006, 06:54 AM
From what I can tell it's a group that has had their cells unlocked ..hence "turnkey" ..but I'm new here

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2006, 07:03 AM
-HB board memeber advertises turnkey jet boat for sale.
-HB board member meets with another member of HB, herafter referred to as potential buyer, to check boat out and go for test ride.
-HB member and potential buyer 'agree' to talk later in day about boat
-Potential buyer decides boat is not up to snuff, see posts above refernecing problems with boat.
-HB board memeber decides to start thread that calls out potential buyer for not calling back
-Potential buyer gets wind of thread, posts response as to why no call was made, again see posts above
-Thread EXPLODES in HB members bilge, so to speak
-Team Turnkey, as best as I can figure, is then started as a joke and as a result of a boat being marketed as 'turnkey' when it was not in the general opinions of other board members based on the information provided
Perhaps the funniest comment about the whole ordeal was the someone saying that 'just because the key turns does not make it a turnkey boat'. LMAO :D

a catered life
05-18-2006, 07:17 AM
-HB board member meets with another member of HB, herafter referred to as potential buyer, to check boat out and go for test ride.
-Potential buyer decides boat is not up to snuff, see posts above refernecing problems with boat.
-HB board memeber decides to start thread that calls out potential buyer for not calling back
-Potential buyer gets wind of thread, posts response as to why no call was made, again see posts above
-Team Turnkey, as best as I can figure, is then started as a joke and as a result of a boat being marketed as 'turnkey' when it was not in the general opinions of other board members based on the information provided
Perhaps the funniest comment about the whole ordeal was the someone saying that 'just because the key turns does not make it a turnkey boat'. LMAO :D
excellent breakdown
ok now i kinda know the story

JMC
05-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Heck, being a hick from the south I thought it said team Turkey!

Jordy
05-18-2006, 07:35 AM
That's a pretty good rundown of events. You know, the best part of this whole deal is nobody really knew what Team Turnkey was, other than a little pic in JBB and my signatures. Now everyone knows and they're all over the place.
Thanks for calling all this attention to Team Turnkey Spammit!!!! :D :D :D

lawbreaker2
05-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Heck, being a hick from the south I thought it said team Turkey!
At first I thought the same thing

lawbreaker2
05-18-2006, 07:41 AM
And I'm with you on this, LOST and I still not sure what going on but it is fun reading. Its like a story telling time

JetBoatRich
05-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Willie you are correct :rolleyes: you are an ASS :cool:
j/k

jbone
05-18-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm just following allong for entertainment, but I thought is was a bunch of jail gards. They are sometimes referred to as "turnkeys."
Thanks for clearing this up HH.
Carry on,
J

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks for clearing this up HH.
Carry on,
J
That would be HD. I aint as tall as HH nor is HH as wide as I am. LMAO :p

Deano
05-18-2006, 07:51 AM
- 'just because the key turns does not make it a turnkey boat'
:D :D :p LMAO

jbone
05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
That would be HD. I aint as tall as HH nor is HH as wide as I am. LMAO
Sorry, I'm reading too fast.
J

MR HARLEY
05-18-2006, 08:10 AM
You know, the best part of this whole deal is nobody really knew what Team Turnkey was, other than a little pic in JBB and my signatures
Harley knew :crossx:

Jordy
05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Harley knew :crossx:
You were member #3. ;)
Member #4 is what really got things to pick up though. :D

MR HARLEY
05-18-2006, 08:17 AM
You were member #3. ;)
Member #4 is what really got things to pick up though. :D
Long Live Teamturnkey!!!

WYRD
05-18-2006, 08:53 AM
At least you know youre an ass :crossx:

ROZ
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM

a catered life
05-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Willie you are correct :rolleyes: you are an ASS :cool:
j/k
rothlmao :p that there is some funny stuff mister

Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 09:32 AM
WTF would anybody do that?
That or change screen names multiple times? :220v:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Damm! Two with one blow! Way 2 go Sportin' Wood!
Down with the deathstar. . . and shit. :D

Sportin' Wood
05-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Damm! Two with one blow! Way 2 go Sportin' Wood!
Down with the deathstar. . . and shit. :D
Biggety Bamn!

KineticoH20
05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Whats next team turnkey you know how we do it :cry:

Jordy
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Whats next team turnkey you know how we do it :cry:
NO. :notam:

AZJD
05-23-2006, 12:04 AM
bump