PDA

View Full Version : Fresno Area

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I own a '75 Hondo T-deck runner bottom. I live in Sanger and am just looking for people to hang with. My wife hates my boat and wont ride with me, her loss lol. I go to Pine Flat when i can.
Robert

FlatRat
01-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I own a '75 Hondo T-deck runner bottom. I live in Sanger and am just looking for people to hang with. My wife hates my boat and wont ride with me, her loss lol. I go to Pine Flat when i can.
Robert
Get a new wife...J/K

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 04:59 PM
It would cost too much, so i just leave her home.

tahitijet
01-01-2006, 05:00 PM
We are in fresno.. We live about 7 minutes from millerton but usually make the drive to pine flat to avoid the lake lice.

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
I live basically on the corner of Belmont and Academy

Squirtin Thunder
01-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Robert
Now if you had a Sanger the wife might ride in it.
Why does she hate it ???

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
She says it scares her and i havent taken her over about 40 mph in it

tahitijet
01-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I live basically on the corner of Belmont and Academy
Wish I was that close.. were out at willow and shepered.. takes us about 45minutes to get there. But the water is usually much nicer and they don't bother me when I pull the baffles.
Were usually up there every weekend unless it gets late in the day then we will go to millerton.

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I dont have baffels and i dont like running water

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Is Fabworx your buss.?

tahitijet
01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I dont have baffels and i dont like running water
I run water all the time to keep my hot coated headers from dulling and if i don't my interior side panels start to smell like melting marshmellows lol.
Unfortunatly we have to run baffles at millerton we can't even get the boat off the trailer without them there. But never had a problem at pine flat
Yes I own Fab-Worx

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
you open tomarrow

tahitijet
01-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes I'll be there tomorrow probably all day.. The shop is just down the street from you.. Clinton and Fowler.

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I got a 2002 chev 1500 x-cab, i will stop in and see how much too lower it

tahitijet
01-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I got a 2002 chev 1500 x-cab, i will stop in and see how much too lower it
We do those all the time.. stop by i'll set you up.

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
ok see ya tomarrow and happy new year to ya

Red Horse
01-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Get your wife to drive the boat. When she is in control, she will prolly enjoy it more. I let my wife drive mine every now and then and she cant keep her foot out of it. Once she knows it wont kill her then she will be cool with it.
I told my wife before we got married that I really like boats and I am not giving them up. If you cannot deal with that, then this is not going to work. She likes them and goes everytime I want to.

Orange Gasm
01-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Damm thats along way from your boat

Red Horse
01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Damm thats along way from your boat
Yea, we are counting the days till we get back. Only 3 years and 3 months to go!!!

Squirtin Thunder
01-01-2006, 06:35 PM
She says it scares her and i havent taken her over about 40 mph in it
Get your wife to drive the boat. When she is in control, she will prolly enjoy it more. I let my wife drive mine every now and then and she cant keep her foot out of it. Once she knows it wont kill her then she will be cool with it.
I told my wife before we got married that I really like boats and I am not giving them up. If you cannot deal with that, then this is not going to work. She likes them and goes everytime I want to.
It makes life so much more fun. And then when you need to buy something it is on her list, which makes it much easier also.

pixrthis
01-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Robert
Let your wife drive she'll get used to it faster that way. How is Pine Flat? I called Lakeridge Marina and was told Jack sold it. How are the new owners?

disco_charger
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Every year I promise myself I'm going back to Pine Flat. I haven't been in about 5 years. I love that place. I practically grew up at Island Park and Trimmer Springs. Here's the family ride out at Island Park around 1979! :cool:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9167Hallet_Flats-med.jpg

Just Tool'n
01-02-2006, 12:22 PM
So Jack sold?
When he bought it way back when, I sold him staples to attach the rubber bumper to the docks. It's been 20 years since I sold constrution supplies. This was proably 1982 or 83.
Good guy.

Orange Gasm
01-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes jack sold the marina, i havent meet the new owners yet. I usually launch at island park, maybe we should all get together and make a run around PF.

tahitijet
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes jack sold the marina, i havent meet the new owners yet. I usually launch at island park, maybe we should all get together and make a run around PF.
Sounds good to me.. Only draw back to pine flat is the parking but once your on the water it's great.

Orange Gasm
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey went by your shop at 2 pm you wernt there lol

tahitijet
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Ya sorry.. we split at 1:30.. The painter was in the back painting and I finished up all my welding early. Sorry about that. I'm in the rest of the week or feel free to give me a call anytime 559-291-9222

Orange Gasm
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I will stop in tomarrow

pixrthis
01-03-2006, 10:23 AM
So Jack sold?
When he bought it way back when, I sold him staples to attach the rubber bumper to the docks. It's been 20 years since I sold constrution supplies. This was proably 1982 or 83.
Good guy.
Great guy who worked harder than I thought was possible.

Orange Gasm
01-03-2006, 03:49 PM
2-3 yrs ago Jack went sking from the marina, he didnt get very far before he fell and broke his leg. The docks are very nice, all cement, he did alot of work the last couple years on fixing them up. There's even paved parking now.

pixrthis
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
2-3 yrs ago Jack went sking from the marina, he didnt get very far before he fell and broke his leg. The docks are very nice, all cement, he did alot of work the last couple years on fixing them up. There's even paved parking now.
No more splinters? I wish they were concrete when I had my pontoon boat there. How are the Sherriffs as far as mufflers these days?

Orange Gasm
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Well i go early in the morning about 6:30, 7:00 before thier out on the water. Love waking the campers up lol.

pixrthis
01-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I plan on getting up there this year, it sounds like the place is better than ever.
What's up with Royal Oaks campground at Kings River?

Orange Gasm
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
I have lived here in Sanger for 51 yrs, i put a boat in at Riverland in the seventies and said i would never go back. 2 yrs ago the wife wanted to go, thats when i had a boat that she would ride in, and i came back in the same pissed of mode of 30 yrs ago. Sand blasted my running gear, never again and i dont care how big her tits are. lol

tahitijet
01-04-2006, 06:37 PM
I have lived here in Sanger for 51 yrs, i put a boat in at Riverland in the seventies and said i would never go back. 2 yrs ago the wife wanted to go, thats when i had a boat that she would ride in, and i came back in the same pissed of mode of 30 yrs ago. Sand blasted my running gear, never again and i dont care how big her tits are. lol
I agree i was on kings river some years back and I will never ever put my boat in there.
In the past 2 seasons ive seen 2 sherrifs on the water at Pine flat and both were holiday weekends and we didn't get hassled by them. It sure does draw alot of attention from the people staying on there house boats as you idle out and there trying to fish or rest or whatever.

Flat Happy
01-04-2006, 10:31 PM
I live in Fresno. Over by the Belmont Country Club. Belmont and De Wolf. I actually might be buying a new house in Sanger soon (fingers crossed!)
I usually boat at Kings River. Better waterskiing than at Pine Flat and Millerton (typically). Even though I have a Sanger flat, it's a serious waterskiing workhorse. I don't run baffles and I haven't been bothered, even at Kings. My engine is pretty mild, so it isn't too loud with the water running through the headers.
When the weather gets warm, I'd be up for meeting some locals at one of the lakes. My cousin would probably bring out his Sanger flat, provided his motor is back in his boat.

Orange Gasm
01-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I would be up for a run, or maybe a camping trip at island park before all the summer people get there.